PDA

View Full Version : EATING SPYDER CROW

schnauzermom
08-07-2012, 01:27 PM
So, a thread concerning excessive heat on the right foot was up and running a few days ago. I put my 2 cents in about coming back from a two week trip with a couple days in the 100's and not experiencing any more heat than from other bikes I have ridden. At the time I received a couple of responses, especially one alluding to the fact that a couple of days in 100's wasn't like living in the part of the country that has been getting 100's for months. I became a little testy with my response:opps:. So, I went to the closet a couple of days ago to but on my trusty, 7yr old riding boots and low and behold, the right boot's sole had become separated from the bottom because THE GLUE HAD MELTED!!!!! My husband has taken it in today to get re-glued...........

What more can I say???? How about, there is a LOT of heat:yikes: that comes out the right side of the bike.

SpyderAnn01
08-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Join the crowd of unglued Spyder riders. The difference for me was both of my soles came apart.

ARtraveler
08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
I guess I won't complain about the cool, wet, Alaska summer so far.

Jeriatric
08-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Most wouldn't have bothered or shown the integrity you have. :thumbup:

schnauzermom
08-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Most wouldn't have bothered or shown the integrity you have. :thumbup:

So sorry, took it way over personal.........live and learn....even at my age:ohyea:

Dudley
08-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Join the crowd of unglued Spyder riders. The difference for me was both of my soles came apart.

Do you have road pegs? If you do, what can you expect! The heat is channeled throught the opening! The Spyder wasn't designed to have road pegs installed where the heat is channeled. I have over 50,000 miles using the same pair of boots, and we get 114 degree days here quite a lot in the summer. My boots still look new. I have no mods on the Spyder that effects design for mechanical or electrical performance. I have never had and will never have road pegs.

Jeriatric
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Do you have road pegs? If you do, what can you expect! The heat is channeled throught the opening! The Spyder wasn't designed to have road pegs installed where the heat is channeled. I have over 50,000 miles using the same pair of boots, and we get 114 degree days here quite a lot in the summer. My boots still look new. I have no mods on the Spyder that effects design for mechanical or electrical performance. I have never had and will never have road pegs.

Respectfully. When was the last time Jacumba saw 114 degrees?

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USCA0521?role=

bh164
08-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Join the crowd of unglued Spyder riders. The difference for me was both of my soles came apart. i had a relatively new pair of stanley steel toe boots that came apart as well. I went with high top nikes much more comfy and they look like black leather boots...

SteveMac
08-07-2012, 10:09 PM

I have highway pegs and Spyderpops block off. No mechanical problems or boot problems here. Glad the "no highway pegs" works for you, but for me they are a must have on long trips! ;)

SpyderAnn01
08-08-2012, 01:13 AM

I do not have road pegs, floorboards or any such thing. But in my case I was able to get the boot manufacturer to replace mine as they said it shouldn't have happened.

cearley
08-08-2012, 05:31 AM
" Respectfully. When was the last time Jacumba saw 114 degrees?"
Answer: 200 million years after the Big Bang. I thought everyone knew that. lol

Pandy
08-08-2012, 06:19 AM
On our tour across Missouri, Iowa and points east this July, we experienced 100s daily. As for us, the Airwings made a huge difference controlling the heat. I have the scuffguards for highway pegs, and that gets the foot out of the way well enough. No plans for any other heat management, aside from a better cooler or a cooler that will fit in the trailer. Ice didn't live very long subjected to road heat and exhaust. Boots held their own as did we. Plan to do it again next year, only adding Rushmore.

Patrick

Bob Denman
08-08-2012, 06:42 AM
I'd still take the heat and the sweating over not being able to ride once the snow starts falling... :2thumbs:
Hey! Wasn't Tito working on air-conditioned boots???

StanProff
08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
I have a block off plate on the upper hole, removed the bottom plastic under on both sides, drilled holes in the swoop scoop to help more air move out from the fan and have lamonts NBV's (no hot air on the foot at all with the block off plate) . What heat I have left is not concerning, I don't ride on many 95 + degree days though. Over all, the heat issue
is a minor annoyance for me. I am lucky to live in a good area with average temps in the mid 80's in the summer, we do get in the mid 90's on occasion and when that happens I just head to the higher elevations to ride, Blue Ridge parkway, Smokey Mountains etc. It is always 6 to 8 degrees cooler up there. I really feel for you guys riding out west in 100+ degree temperatures! I can see how the heat issue could really be a problem.

Stan

hecoon
08-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I have a block off plate on the upper hole, removed the bottom plastic under on both sides, drilled holes in the swoop scoop to help more air move out from the fan and have lamonts NBV's (no hot air on the foot at all with the block off plate) . What heat I have left is not concerning, I don't ride on many 95 + degree days though. Over all, the heat issue
is a minor annoyance for me. I am lucky to live in a good area with average temps in the mid 80's in the summer, we do get in the mid 90's on occasion and when that happens I just head to the higher elevations to ride, Blue Ridge parkway, Smokey Mountains etc. It is always 6 to 8 degrees cooler up there. I really feel for you guys riding out west in 100+ degree temperatures! I can see how the heat issue could really be a problem.

Stan

i was in jonesboro tn last month with the southern cruisers from jax fl.

you have a beautiful area to ride in.
we come up to johnson city every year