PDA

View Full Version : Corbin seat and backrests for RS

SpyderSue
08-07-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm looking at the best way to add a backrest to my RS SE5. I have the 1 piece CanAm comfort seat (which is very comfortable), and to add a backrest for the passenger, it is looking like about $550 for the Sport rack and the backrest combo. Is this the best way to go?

There is a Corbin 2 piece seat with 2 backrests (driver and passenger) on my local Craigslist. His original price paid was about $800 in 2009. Should I buy this in lieu of the sport rack and 1 backrest, and if so, what would a fair price be? I'm thinking $450-ish.

Please advize!! Thanks!!!

Laura
08-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I bought a used corbin 2 piece seat and single backrest from another spyder rider on this site for $400 over a year ago. Def. better ride. I even took the back seat to a local upholster and had it modified to elevate the back rider slighlty and keep them in the back seat and not on me when stopping.

SpyderSue
08-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I bought a used corbin 2 piece seat and single backrest from another spyder rider on this site for $400 over a year ago. Def. better ride. I even took the back seat to a local upholster and had it modified to elevate the back rider slighlty and keep them in the back seat and not on me when stopping.

Thanks Laura, that helps!

Dragonrider
08-07-2012, 10:07 AM
When I had the RS, I bought the sport rack and backrest as my first farkles. Later I bought the Corbin seat, and both backrests. My wife took one ride on the Corbin equipped back seat, and told me to put the BPR back rest back on (it has FAR more adjustability). That's how we rode it for the rest of our ownership.

The BRP back rest is also easily removable, when you need to strap a tour bag on the back…. JMHO

SpyderSue
08-07-2012, 10:25 AM
When I had the RS, I bought the sport rack and backrest as my first farkles. Later I bought the Corbin seat, and both backrests. My wife took one ride on the Corbin equipped back seat, and told me to put the BPR back rest back on (it has FAR more adjustability). That's how we rode it for the rest of our ownership.

The BRP back rest is also easily removable, when you need to strap a tour bag on the back…. JMHO

Yeah, I need the back rest to be easily removed, as I plan on doing some extended rides without a passenger, and will need the space for stuff.

Did you keep the Corbin seat and just use the BRP backrest? You happy with the seat?

r1100rider
08-08-2012, 12:25 AM

I guess removing one screw on the Corbin to pull the backrest is a big hassle and one screw to adjust angle is way to much to ask of anyone

SpyderSue
08-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Anyone else have an opinion?:popcorn:

r1100rider
08-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Anyone else have an opinion?:popcorn:
The 2 pc of the Corbin is nice if you use soft saddle bags or put a duffle bag on the rear seat because of the split design getting gas

SpyderSue
08-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I've decided to buy the Corbin seat and backrests from these folks from Craigslist. I'll let you know how it all works.

That being said, I will then have 3 saddles for 1 RS. I might just have a stock saddle for sale, and/or an upgraded (very comfortable I might add) BRP saddle for sale as well.

I'll post on the "for sale" thred, but just in case, anyone interested in either? Stock saddle is unused, and upgraded saddle is just nicely broken in...

FaranH
08-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. I've decided to buy the Corbin seat and backrests from these folks from Craigslist. I'll let you know how it all works.

That being said, I will then have 3 saddles for 1 RS. I might just have a stock saddle for sale, and/or an upgraded (very comfortable I might add) BRP saddle for sale as well.

I'll post on the "for sale" thred, but just in case, anyone interested in either? Stock saddle is unused, and upbraded saddle is just nicely broken in...

Let me know if you decide to sell the BRP comfort seat. I'm interested!

danlnc
08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Here is an alternative its a Roadkrome backrest for $220 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANAM-CAN-AM-CAN-AM-BRP-SPYDER-BACK-REST-BACKREST-MOUNTING-BRACKET-/130744998280?hash=item1e71025988&item=130744998280&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

SpyderSue
08-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Here is an alternative its a Roadkrome backrest for $220 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANAM-CAN-AM-CAN-AM-BRP-SPYDER-BACK-REST-BACKREST-MOUNTING-BRACKET-/130744998280?hash=item1e71025988&item=130744998280&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I saw that on another thread. Very interesting! Thanks for passing it on. If this Corbin doesn't work out, I might just go that way.