PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Get There Jacket?

DLPeace
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
They said I was getting a free Jjacket but the didn't tell me when I was getting it,or who I was getting the jacket.

Diggittt
09-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I recieved mine a month ago. I got a letter from BRP telling me that it was being sent out to the dealer and I called the dealer acouple of weeks later and found out that it was there waiting for me to pick up.

Diggittt

Spyderman
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Same here

TJ_Spyder
09-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Was told by my dealer he has the jackets but was told by BRP to only deliver them along with the Spyders.

BTW I thought the order form stated free "Leather" jacket?? Or am I wrong?

VIspyderman
10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
In San Diego we were told that each of the first 2500 Spyder owners would get a custom leather jacket. Now, it seems that all we're getting is the nylon spring one. Not very cool.

AnthonyG
10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Mine was a black mink jacket. :congrats: :cop:

The letter states Receive a free Can-Am Spyder Jacket!! You must have a different letter.

I received my jacket and I am very pleased that BRP was generous enough to give us something nice like that.
They didn't have to give us anything.

Sorry but, I don't mean to stir trouble but, enough bickering over something that someone gave you for free.

It reminds me of when I was a firefighter and the local KFC "USE TO" give us free chicken until one day one of the real intellegent brother firefighters went in to pick up some free chicken and complained because he didn't get enough all white meat. He raised a stir in front of the wrong person and that ended the free KFC.

Just some food for thought

braaap
10-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Here is some food for thought: On March 27, 2007, I gave my dealership one grand for a deposit on a Spyder I probably won't get until March 2008 and all I got was a lousy nylon jacket!!!

TJ_Spyder
10-29-2007, 12:12 AM
I just received my letter a couple days ago. It says I can pick up my jacket.

Spyd3r
10-29-2007, 07:56 AM
I think it is a great jacket. For most riding, it is ideal, water proof and wind resistant. The leather one is way heavy and I would say to hot for most riding conditions. I really like the leather one though. I have to get in contact with my dealer. I did not get any letter, certificate everyone keeps talking about.

SheSpyder
10-29-2007, 11:18 PM
I ordered my Spyder back in June and have not heard anything about the jacket! My salesman said it would most likely be delivered with the Spyder in October...still waiting! I haven't received a letter or anything from BRP or the Dealer.

Spyd3r
10-30-2007, 08:49 AM
WOW, I would not be expecting your Spyder anytime soon if you ordered in June. did your dealer give you a allocation number? What state are you from, it is November already this week..

SheSpyder
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I ordered my Spyder in California and was told by my dealer Chaparral Motorsports that I was #10! in the first allotment! I've been on 5 of the Demo tours and keep asking for more info and no one seems to be able to tell me anything about the Jacket or the other Spyder items I ordered. Only that it will more than likely be delivered with the Spyder and the Certificate all at the same time.

Spyd3r
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
You should have signed the certificate when you gave them the $1000. The number of dealers in the US alone, some 150 each getting a few, averages about 3 to 4 units given the 600 to be delivered this fall/winter. You may well be in the first 2500, the certificate verifies that. Best talk to that dealer.

wrenchmn
11-04-2007, 08:37 PM
I have a XXL that I would like to trade for a Medium. Brand new not worn at all.
I have good Jackets and would like to exchange this for one that will fit my wife.
I am in the Atlanta area and brought my Spyder # 386 home from Leesburg, Fl
Yesterday. Will try to add picture on Monday.e mail is wrenchmn@yahoo.com if
you have a first owners jacket to trade.
Thanks, Mike

scaryspyder
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
:doorag:My letter came Friday Afternoon(I ordered mine on Sept.23)and my jacket should be in at the end of Nov..Well,I meight wear it afterwards(upstate NY is wacky at times,but not riding my 4-wheeler).Coool.

DLPeace
11-05-2007, 07:56 PM
What part of upstate ny are you from i'm in Poughkeepsie ny.

carcrazy
11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I also got my letter today saying I could pickup my jacket at the end of Nov.

I ordered my Spyder Sept 16 just before the fall deadline. Dealer says I am #8 in his third allotment (which is due by the end of May 08). Wish I ordered sooner, but it will be nice to have a Jacket for Xmas.

smokster
11-05-2007, 10:38 PM
I have a XXL that I would like to trade for a Medium. Brand new not worn at all.
I have good Jackets and would like to exchange this for one that will fit my wife.
I am in the Atlanta area and brought my Spyder # 386 home from Leesburg, Fl
Yesterday. Will try to add picture on Monday.e mail is wrenchmn@yahoo.com if
you have a first owners jacket to trade.
Thanks, Mike

I will trade my jacket for a Spyder plus 17,000.00, plus my # 8 spot

joet
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
got mine 6 weeks after the $1000.00 deposit waYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in march. so far I have a jacket, owners manuel & license plate (SPY 08) & empty garage

DLPeace
11-07-2007, 11:36 PM
I don't have a jacket, I don't have a spyder,I don't have a $1,000.00. I do have a letter saying that I
was getting my jacket at the end of last month.Where is it? They don't have a clue but they have the invoice
and can't find my jacket. :dontknow:

stonetablet
11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
:joke:I GOT A LETTER IN JULY THAT SAID MY JACKET WAS HERE. CALLED ANYTIME MOTOR SPORTS IN CA THEY SAID I WOULD GET IT WITH MY SPYDER. BRP CALLED ME YESTERDAY THEY TRANSFERED MY ORDER TO AMERICAN MARINE SPORTS AND CAN'T FIND THE JACKETS THEY SHIPPED TO ANYTIME MS. I SMELL AN ANYTIME RATT!!!

DLPeace
11-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I gut my jacket ;D And three spyders came in and now there gone,i'm #10
on the list so now i'm 7 and they said that they are getting three more in Dec.
Im loving it ;D

2faston3
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I got mine back in September, tried it on and will wait to wear it on the first ride on the New Yellow Spyder...

Rando
01-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Does anyone know for sure what the "official" policy is on the jacket? Do we get the jacket when they are available or only when we take delivery of our Spyder?

Lamonster
01-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know for sure what the "official" policy is on the jacket? Do we get the jacket when they are available or only when we take delivery of our Spyder?

Never got mine but I hope that it will show up this month. :dontknow:

kma10-4
01-03-2008, 06:24 PM
i got a letter from brp stating that jacket would be at dealer in a few weeks to go pick up
back in sept got jacket then.. didnt get spyder till 11-28.........if anyone is interested i have a 3x brand new never worn with tags still on..i bought thought was a launch jacket
but is first owners,paid $100 +shipping.or would trade in toward a set of highway pegs
from lamonster :bigthumbsup: will wait till 2500 sent out then e bay item i did change my size of the one that came with spyder.through dealer so you might have your dealer return for you for what ever size .check with your dealer mine did no prob took about 15 days

then you can have one for passenger.. :2cool:

one2doo
01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for inviting me down. Cool can,highway pegs,and graphics! Got jacket in November. Your dealer should have yours. :bigthumbsup:

wildwillie
01-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Picked my jacket up late Nov. Still waiting on bike. Dealership wanted me to wait till bike was in.told him the letter said to make arrangements to pick it up so I did. champion power sports belleville mi. no problem. wildwillie :bigthumbsup:

joet
01-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Picked my jacket up late Nov. Still waiting on bike. Dealership wanted me to wait till bike was in.told him the letter said to make arrangements to pick it up so I did. champion power sports belleville mi. no problem. wildwillie :bigthumbsup:

sold mike on ebay got it last march bike came in nov

axhead
01-05-2008, 05:02 PM
My wife's dealer got her jacket, and UPS'd to her! Kudos to dealers like SwampFox up in Bluefield, VA

Star Cruiser
01-11-2008, 12:13 AM
They said I was getting a free Jjacket but the didn't tell me when I was getting it,or who I was getting the jacket.

I didn't hear about the free jacket so if i get one, either Nylon OR Leather it would be a bonus. I wonder if they are offered in Canada as well?

Lamonster
01-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Got my jacket. ::) Wasn't what I thought it was going to be but I wore it today for a little ride to town and it was fine. Looks like it will be a good summer jacket. :doorag:

Rando
01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I was finally able to pick up my Spyder jacket today at Powersports of Belleville, MI. I even got my son's jacket even though he moved away to Naples, FL. We purchased our Spyders around the same time, a yellow and a silver. We are still trying to figure our how to get his from Michigan to Florida once it arrives! Please post your ideas.

I would like to thank Ken Williamson of Ohio, Dave Piragis of Higgins Powersports of Barre, MA and my salesperson, Kiel Cartwright of Powersports of Belleville, MI for making today happen!