PDA

View Full Version : Front trunk locked

Lilly
08-06-2012, 06:35 PM
When bought 2012 Limited bronz spyder last weekend 7-28 salesman said the limited front trunk was not to be opened by key:helpsmilie:so rode over 100 miles..BUT..when went to open trunk it would not open electric button>>called dealer & was told could not get any help until Tuesday>>Lucky me that my son put my pocketbook in back trunk or I would have really been straded without any $$,credit card or medicine>>do have cooler with drinks in there>just hope when ice melted,water did not get into trunk

Has anybody had their front trunk locked :gaah: was anybody told the Limited manual key was not to work :dontknow: (hope this makes sense to u guy's)

Took Spyder to dealer & electric trunk now works + they connected the key so that now it can be opened either way>>when put together the tech did not do work that made where trunk could be opened by key so when i bought it last week,was told the limited did not have that function but when i left dealer today,all the salesmen knew that Limited manual key does work>>
Thks for all the replies :chat:

Jeriatric
08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
The key needs to be in the on position in order for the cousole button to work.

Or...

Opening the Front Storage Compartment

Using the Ignition Switch

1. Insert key in ignition switch.
2. Push and turn the key 1/4 turn counter clockwise to open front storage compartment.

Firefly
08-06-2012, 07:28 PM
The key needs to be in the on position in order for the cousole button to work.

Or...

Opening the Front Storage Compartment

Using the Ignition Switch

1. Insert key in ignition switch.

Push and turn the key 1/4 turn counter clockwise to open front storage compartment.

:agree:

The dealer that said not to open the front trunk with your key was incorrect.

ARtraveler
08-06-2012, 07:51 PM
They have you covered. Time for some RT education at your local :spyder2: dealer.

NancysToy
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
The key must be on for the 2011 and 2012 Spyder trunks to open electrically. The 2010 must have the engine running. All will still open after shutoff, during the time the display is still active and the lights are on. If yours does not open as it should, it may need the latch adjusted and/or lubricated.

The trunk does open with the key, just like on the RS. Push the key down and turn counterclockwise about 1/8 turn. It will even do this with the engine running. Just remember to push down before you turn the key.

Huntindawg1962
08-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Too - if the front trunk still does not open with the key on, there is a little switch in the track on the upper left channel of the trunk that does not always align correctly - bends easily back into place. To open without the electric switch press your key all the way down and turn it to the LEFT (I remember it by "L" for luggage)

zbunker
08-07-2012, 08:08 PM
The key must be on for the 2011 and 2012 Spyder trunks to open electrically. The 2010 must have the engine running. All will still open after shutoff, during the time the display is still active and the lights are on. If yours does not open as it should, it may need the latch adjusted and/or lubricated.

The trunk does open with the key, just like on the RS. Push the key down and turn counterclockwise about 1/8 turn. It will even do this with the engine running. Just remember to push down before you turn the key.

Not to digress, but my RT my saddle bags tend not to open unless while pulling on the rear lever, I give the side door A slight bang. I never had any problems with the front trunk lid
(Thankfully)........Good luck............Ron