PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Relay box located on the 2012 RS.

Tazzel
08-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I wanted to check my relay seating but cant find the relay box on my new RS SE5. I heard it is in the Frunk but looked around and could not find any access panel in the Frunk. does anyone have a picture of where it is located?

SpyderAndy
08-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't have a pic but if you open the frunk there is a diagnostic cover at the very top. It runs all the way from one side to the other and dips down around the latch. Pop that cover off and you will find a fuse box you are looking for.

billybovine
08-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Look at page 110 in your operators guide.

napper39
08-06-2012, 04:28 PM
and theres also one under the seat.dont forget to check the battery cables too they vibrate loose also,and that makes your spyder mad.:yikes::spyder2:

Tazzel
08-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't have a pic but if you open the frunk there is a diagnostic cover at the very top. It runs all the way from one side to the other and dips down around the latch. Pop that cover off and you will find a fuse box you are looking for.

Ok, I will look again. I did not see anything that might pop out. Is it in the bucket of the Frunk or runs along top under the handlebars?

SpyderAndy
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Ok, I will look again. I did not see anything that might pop out. Is it in the bucket of the Frunk or runs along top under the handlebars?

It is right under the top edge of the frunk lid. You could say under the handlebars. There is a graphic of a pc keyboard and a thermometer on the left side of the cover I think. I can't get a picture for you at the moment but I am sure someone will post one if you still can't find it. I missed it at first too. Good luck

Tazzel
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I did see the PC picture but did not think it looked like it popped open. I will look again.

wyliec
08-06-2012, 06:09 PM
There is a big post on either side that is hidden on the underside of that long plastic piece that slide into a grommet on either side. Also, look at the side opposite of the pc pic and you will see the fuse/relay box cover protruding thru.

I have a 2008; so, maybe that plastic piece has changed somewhat.:dontknow: