PDA

View Full Version : Going to Lamont's BBQ going thru Memphis

bullant12
08-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I am starting this thread to see if anybody going to Lamont's BBQ on September 6-9 is going thru Memphis. Last year, it took us around 8 hours (actually to Maggie Valley, and we trailered one :spyder2:). This year, we went to several trips, so our vacation leave and $$ resources are short, so I am debating in going (wife said she'll hold on this year). Really would love to go and see old friends and meet new ones, but if I have to, I will sacrifice this trip:opps:.

Basically I just want to know who is going thru this direction and what dates. If promising, I may join you and come back (if coming back thru Memphis as well). I have to be back to work Monday the 10th.

Thanks in advance.

bullant12
08-10-2012, 05:50 PM
BUMP! Anybody from the West Coast wanting to make a stopover for some Memphis BBQ or fried chicken??nojoke

godfather
08-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I am starting this thread to see if anybody going to Lamont's BBQ on September 6-9 is going thru Memphis. Last year, it took us around 8 hours (actually to Maggie Valley, and we trailered one :spyder2:). This year, we went to several trips, so our vacation leave and $$ resources are short, so I am debating in going (wife said she'll hold on this year). Really would love to go and see old friends and meet new ones, but if I have to, I will sacrifice this trip:opps:.

Basically I just want to know who is going thru this direction and what dates. If promising, I may join you and come back (if coming back thru Memphis as well). I have to be back to work Monday the 10th.

Thanks in advance.

We are in Cookeville Tn. on I-40 exit 287 Would be good to hook up with rider From the west

bullant12
08-13-2012, 08:43 AM
We are in Cookeville Tn. on I-40 exit 287 Would be good to hook up with rider From the west

Thanks for the offer. I will consider it, but it looks like the scales are leaning towards the "not going" side since between other scheduled trips and non-:spyder2: activities coming up, I'm not having free time:(:(:(:(. But like I said, I will let you know if the oportunity arises.

Now... again... any West Coasters going thru Memphis/Cookville route??:popcorn:

bullant12
08-31-2012, 09:20 AM
BUMP... I can't take Wednesday off... Thursday is a possibility if I get in touch with anyone heading that way. Friday more likely. Wife has a bad knee so she can't go:(