PDA

View Full Version : Now a 2 Spyder family

rhinozxq
08-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I just bought Luckeyme's beautiful 2012 Lava Bronze RT LTD. What an absolutely beautiful set up it is. Below is a picture that Dennis sent me on Thursday as he was bringing it to his business so that Icould pick it up closer to where I needed to catch the highway on Friday. I flew into Lexington, KY on Friday morning and spent some time with Dennis and Lisa. They are a fantastic couple and I hope that someday they will be on a Spyder again. They sent me on my way at noon with a full tank of gas, a soft-sided cooler with cold drinks and snacks inside and a 32oz Butler mug full of diet Mountain Dew for the ride.

Before I was even 5 minutes from them I had a chance to try the ABS brakes as I had a vehicle pull in front of me and stop. I can honestly say that if I had been on my GoldWing trike I believe I would have buried it into the back of the car, but with the spyder I stomped on the brakes and steered to the side as the ABS did it's job. When I came to a stop the front of the Spyder was 3 feet beyond the back of the car but to the right side instead of buried into it.

After that I continued on to home in New hampshire and arrived at 4:30 on Saturday morning. Out of little over 1000 miles in 16.5 hours I only had 40 miles of rain and the Spyder ran fantastic. I had no problems with hydroplaning. I'm looking forward to many more miles riding with my wife as she travels on her 2011 White LTD. We will have the perfect opportunity this next weekend as we are going to SITA on Thursday morning. We are looking forward to spending some time with friends that we met at Spyderfest and also making many more while enjoying the wondereful riding in the Lake Placid area. What a great community of people Spyder riders are.

tthuss
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Congrats on the new Spyder....the color looks great...Enjoy!

SpyderAnn01
08-05-2012, 02:50 PM
:congrats: and have fun at SITA

ARtraveler
08-05-2012, 03:18 PM
:congrats: on the new ryde. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Camdenlake
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Congrats. Sounds like a great ride. See you at SITA!!!!!

Josh

spyder3
08-05-2012, 06:10 PM
:congrats: on spyder #2. Awesome pair of spyders.

Moosemanj
08-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Congrats, I have had mine for a little over two weeks and I love it. It looks so nice in bronze with the tan seat.

d.o.spyder-rts
08-06-2012, 01:06 AM
:congrats: on your second spyder. Dale

harrypottar
08-06-2012, 05:52 AM
:congrats: It was the lava bronze that sold me. You got a great bike and a great deal there, although if it was my wife she'd make me swap with the white.

See you at sita, I'll be the one on the Sypder.

Harry

Bob Denman
08-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Another infestation?? :2thumbs: :congrats:

plescaille
08-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I just bought Luckeyme's beautiful 2012 Lava Bronze RT LTD. What an absolutely beautiful set up it is. Below is a picture that Dennis sent me on Thursday as he was bringing it to his business so that Icould pick it up closer to where I needed to catch the highway on Friday. I flew into Lexington, KY on Friday morning and spent some time with Dennis and Lisa. They are a fantastic couple and I hope that someday they will be on a Spyder again. They sent me on my way at noon with a full tank of gas, a soft-sided cooler with cold drinks and snacks inside and a 32oz Butler mug full of diet Mountain Dew for the ride.

Before I was even 5 minutes from them I had a chance to try the ABS brakes as I had a vehicle pull in front of me and stop. I can honestly say that if I had been on my GoldWing trike I believe I would have buried it into the back of the car, but with the spyder I stomped on the brakes and steered to the side as the ABS did it's job. When I came to a stop the front of the Spyder was 3 feet beyond the back of the car but to the right side instead of buried into it.

After that I continued on to home in New hampshire and arrived at 4:30 on Saturday morning. Out of little over 1000 miles in 16.5 hours I only had 40 miles of rain and the Spyder ran fantastic. I had no problems with hydroplaning. I'm looking forward to many more miles riding with my wife as she travels on her 2011 White LTD. We will have the perfect opportunity this next weekend as we are going to SITA on Thursday morning. We are looking forward to spending some time with friends that we met at Spyderfest and also making many more while enjoying the wondereful riding in the Lake Placid area. What a great community of people Spyder riders are.

Congratulations. I purchased a lava bronze for me. My wife confiscated it after 2 hours. I decided to show her and went and purchased a Pearl one . 20 minutes after I got home she decided she wanted that one. I showed her!!!! Seriously we are having a blast.

bruisersbaby
08-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Congrats on being a two-Spyder family! We became a two-Spyder family about 1 1/2 months ago, and we have had so much fun! Enjoy the ryde!

:ohyea::ohyea: