PDA

View Full Version : BRP knockoff Spyders

Ron2andia
08-03-2012, 09:21 PM
I read in another post that there where cheap knockoff Spyders on ebay... is this true and how do you know the difference?:dontknow:

Ivorspyder
08-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I guess check the vin number.

Mexican
08-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes they look just like the spyder, they are Rocketa brand, they have about 24hp and top speed is around 60mph, made in china.

harrypottar
08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Don't think you would mistake them, there are quite a few some look really ugly. Although I would not buy one this looks the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqEToWJCtuA

Ron2andia
08-03-2012, 10:04 PM
That is crazy! The lean is wild! But it's no Spyder. I was afraid that they were copies that say BRP and look the same like they do the IPads. The outside looks the same then you turn it on and oh no!:banghead::banghead:

ThreeWheels
08-03-2012, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmPYTjKwRoI

FutureRyder
08-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Watch out for that killer 250cc in the knockoffs.

FutureRyder
08-03-2012, 11:35 PM
What timing, as I just saw this headline:

13 die in China as overloaded motorcycle crashes

Published July 24, 2012
Associated Press

BEIJING – Chinese state media say 13 people were killed and seven hurt when an overloaded three-wheel motorcycle crashed off a bridge in southeast China.
The official Xinhua News Agency reported that the vehicle was traveling along a rural road in Fujian province when it fell off a stone bridge Tuesday morning.
A man who works for the Shouning county news office, who would give only his family name Zhong, says the vehicle was overloaded with passengers. That's a common occurrence in rural areas where villagers have no other way to travel.
No other details were known on the crash. Serious road accidents are common in China where vehicles are not properly maintained and laws are often ignored.

vtspyder
08-04-2012, 06:06 AM

Man! That thing is FAST!:roflblack:

dliszews
08-04-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm sure that the chinese manufacturer stole the design technology from Piaggio. Their MP3
scooter handles just like this. And if stupid Americans would stop buying crap from China
we would be better off. Uggghhhh. Okay, down off my soapbox now.

Buttsy
08-04-2012, 09:23 AM
And if stupid Americans would stop buying crap from China we would be better off. Uggghhhh. Okay, down off my soapbox now.

:roflblack:.......sadly Americans are not the only folks globally afflicted with this "stupidity".

Sarge707
08-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I had the Sunny Leaning trike Last year-Paid $2,300 spent about $300 trying to make it handle right. Piece of You Know What-Sold (Luckily for $1,000) Whew!!!!!!!! Don,t be fooled by the Video,s of the Extremely well Gone over and Prepped Bike with parts yours won,t have. They are a disaster!! A regretful and Painful (Minus $1,600 Dollar lesson) Picture!nojoke

Ron2andia
08-04-2012, 12:44 PM
That last video really looked like a Spyder but moved like a Snail!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
08-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Roketas DON'T look like our Spyders... :roflblack:

dliszews
08-04-2012, 03:36 PM
:roflblack:.......sadly Americans are not the only folks globally afflicted with this "stupidity".

Rent the movie "Idiocracy". We are there.

vondalyn
08-04-2012, 04:34 PM
yep... I'm impressed. Does that thing do over 10mph?

dliszews
08-04-2012, 04:41 PM
yep... I'm impressed. Does that thing do over 10mph?

and he looks exhausted after that grueling ride ;)

rcturner
08-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I rode one about a year ago. It was evil handling but, it really was fun to drive for a short period of time. It would do 60 MPH (indicated) with no problem but, it was so unstable that a few seconds at that speed was enough. They might be OK for an in town curser but, you would never want to take it on the highway. To add to the problems, it would not turn around in the width of a two lane road. I left it at the dealers and have never had the desire to go back and drive it again.

Bob Denman
08-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Is that one of the new radio- controlled toy Spyders that BRP is releasing?? The fake guy sitting on it looked so real! :shocked: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbl ack::roflblack::roflblack:

bone crusher
08-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I read in another post that there where cheap knockoff Spyders on ebay... is this true and how do you know the difference?:dontknow:

You're joking, right? If you can't tell the difference between a Spyder and that thing, you've never been on a Spyder...

Ron2andia
08-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Never saw it before this thread. Just went on the post of somebody who mentioned that a rider might have bought one not knowing it wasn't BRP. So I thought it must be a knock off to the max otherwise how could that error be made? Know I know.:chat:

MRH
08-04-2012, 08:36 PM

When I first went searching for a Spyder-like motorcycle, I was only able to find the cheap Chinese knockoffs. It wasn't until I spoke with a dealership that they pointed me towards Can-Am (I skip the commercials when I watch TV, so I had no idea they even existed).

It isn't necessarily about stupidity; these are far more visible online than the good stuff, especially if you are starting from zero, as I was.