PDA

View Full Version : What are the best floorboard and cruising pegs?

Ride Master
08-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I see several options for floorboard and pegs. Which are the best for comfort and stability?
Thanks,
Ride Master
P.S. Does anyone in Southern California have floor boards installed on their RT I can try out?

Ivorspyder
08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I just installed the Seal a few days ago and it's fabulous.You can place your feet in lots of positions including stretching them straight out which eliminates getting highway pegs.
seal is a sponsor here and John is really helpful.:yes:

NorthStar
08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
ISCI floorboards get the nod from me. A lower foot position and slight forward tilt allowed me to achieve the comfort I was looking for.

There are a few options out there and it all comes down to what works for you from both a desired comfort goal and esthetics.

I would strongly recommend that you try and locate local RT riders who have the various floorboards and highway pegs installed on their rigs. My purchase decision was achieved only after trying out the various boards available while attending Spyderfest a few years back. ISCI boards definitely worked the best for me. I have scuff guard covers on my RT and use them sparingly only because the floorboards allow me to move my feet around during long rides.

Once again, if possible, try before you buy and you can't go wrong.

brrujo
08-05-2012, 05:15 PM
ISCI floorboards get the nod from me. A lower foot position and slight forward tilt allowed me to achieve the comfort I was looking for.

There are a few options out there and it all comes down to what works for you from both a desired comfort goal and esthetics.

I would strongly recommend that you try and locate local RT riders who have the various floorboards and highway pegs installed on their rigs. My purchase decision was achieved only after trying out the various boards available while attending Spyderfest a few years back. ISCI boards definitely worked the best for me. I have scuff guard covers on my RT and use them sparingly only because the floorboards allow me to move my feet around during long rides.

Once again, if possible, try before you buy and you can't go wrong.

I put the "Seal" floorboards on my 2012 RTS. Very pleased. Don't see how it could get much better.

Fonz
08-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm a vertika floorboard man myself, comfortable in all foot positions. The drawback is their pricey, but your Spyder will stand out.:yes:

Ride Master
08-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm a vertika floorboard man myself, comfortable in all foot positions. The drawback is their pricey, but your Spyder will stand out.:yes:

I looked at these online today. Really cool. How long have you had them? Is there any downside?

ARtraveler
08-06-2012, 12:29 AM
The seal's give you a lot of places to rest your feet because of the size. They add to the looks of the bike, and are easy to install. I have them on both my RT's. One has the deluxe and the other the pups.

There are others out there that look pretty snazzy also--but do not give you the ability to "move around" as much. Price is relative as long as you get what you are happy with.

napper39
08-06-2012, 08:18 AM
heres these

Dragonrider
08-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Spyders in the Redwoods is coming up. You should attend - someone there will have any farkle you're looking for.

Bob Denman
08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
What's the best??? :shocked: That's a lot like asking who's Wife is prettier... :yikes:
But I do like my ISCIs! :thumbup:

Dragonrider
08-06-2012, 11:52 AM
:agree: The Vertika's are by far, the best looking, most expensive, and toughest to install. ISCI's look great, and are a little less difficult to install. Seal's look OK, offer as much flexibility as the Vertika's, and are a snap to put on. Oh, btw, they cost about 20% of the V's…. Just my $0.02