PDA

View Full Version : Photo Request - Seal Floorboards on RT SM5

TRQ
08-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I would be grateful if someone could post a photo of the Seals left side floorboard mounted on the RT SM5. I installed John's RT SM5 DLX version on my RT SM5 and would like confirmation from others on the distance between the shift lever toe peg and the top of the floorboards. John, by the way, has had a lot of patience with my questions. Thank you in advance.

donec
08-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Maybe you should post pics of your install and then someone can say if it is like yours.

TRQ
08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Maybe you should post pics of your install and then someone can say if it is like yours.

I tried posting a photo earlier, but my computer skills apparently are not yet up to the task. However, the measurement from the top of the floorboard to the bottom of the toe peg is 1 1/8 inches if that helps. I'll try to figure out the photo posting again a little later.

captblack
08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
That sounds close. Did you install the new shift lever that he should have sent with the floorboard? My ankle doesn't move very well and I found that I had a hard time getting into second gear so I started using a heel shifter from Mr. Gadget.

Are you having an issue with the shifter you just want to know if it's right?

TRQ
08-03-2012, 04:02 PM
That sounds close. Did you install the new shift lever that he should have sent with the floorboard? My ankle doesn't move very well and I found that I had a hard time getting into second gear so I started using a heel shifter from Mr. Gadget.

Are you having an issue with the shifter you just want to know if it's right?

I did install John's shifter. I haven't had a chance to give a good and honest try out yet and really was checking to see if it's correct. I did go around the block a couple of times, and like you captblack, I had a little trouble hitting second. I see a lot of photos of the SE5 version, but photos of the SM5 install are scarce. With the current setup it appears that to shift, I'd have to catch the end of the toe peg with the edge of my boot sole as I can't get my boot under the shifter.

I will add that John's service has been great and he is working with me on the issue.