PDA

View Full Version : rear shock ride adjust FYI

johnwinslow
07-30-2012, 12:58 PM
i tryed to adjust my ride on my 2011 rts, and it did not seem to be working, so i let all the air out through the valve under the seat, a lot of air came out, i bled it until no air came out, then started it up, and Behold it is adjusting again:thumbup:

dancogan
07-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Hmmmm, maybe that's what I need to do. Thanks for posting your results. :thumbup:

ulflyer
07-30-2012, 07:00 PM
A friend of mine has had no adjustment for months. Trouble is, he didn't know it, and says it rides just fine! Just wondering, if you let all the air out and it then doesn't work to restore the air, is that something that you could put in with an air hose? If so, how much pressure to get a moderate level?

NancysToy
07-30-2012, 09:09 PM
A friend of mine has had no adjustment for months. Trouble is, he didn't know it, and says it rides just fine! Just wondering, if you let all the air out and it then doesn't work to restore the air, is that something that you could put in with an air hose? If so, how much pressure to get a moderate level?
If you have ACS and your compressor stops working, you could fill with air from the Schrader valve under the seat. Some of the air may bleed off, though, through the release solenoid valve, and cannot be replenished. The system doesn't hold a specific pressure, it tries to maintain a ride height set by the user. If there is a system leak, adding air through the valve will be of no lasting use.

Questions
08-15-2012, 09:33 PM
If you have ACS and your compressor stops working, you could fill with air from the Schrader valve under the seat. Some of the air may bleed off, though, through the release solenoid valve, and cannot be replenished. The system doesn't hold a specific pressure, it tries to maintain a ride height set by the user. If there is a system leak, adding air through the valve will be of no lasting use.

MY COMPRESSOR STOPPED WORKING WHEN THEY REPLACED THE BATTERY.
THEY HAD TO PUT IT UP ON BLOCKS RESET THE HI AND LOW SETTING WITH THE BUDS SYSTEM

Bob Denman
08-16-2012, 07:00 AM
:agree: That's how it's done! :thumbup: