PDA

View Full Version : Shocks

Questions
07-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Just wondering. I had my front shocks adjusted to 4 and the dealer changed the suspension to match. As a result it corners and handles terrific. But it seems to be much more rougher. Seem to feel everything on the road. Is that hake it is suppose to feel? Thanks

samewok
07-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Mine fells the same way but I like it.

SpyderAnn01
07-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Yes, stiffening the suspension will make you feel all the roads imperfections. You'll have to decide which is more important handling on curves or the smoothness of the ride.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Just wondering. I had my front shocks adjusted to 4 and the dealer changed the suspension to match. As a result it corners and handles terrific. But it seems to be much more rougher. Seem to feel everything on the road. Is that hake it is suppose to feel? Thanks

Are you saying the dealer adjusted the rear spring up to a #4 setting.?????, If you don't like it you or someone can lower it to 3 or even 2 as long as you ride single most of the time......The front shock/spring has more to do with the handling IMHO.....and yes the tighter the suspension the better it handles but there is a trade off....and that's comfort.......Mike.......In order to have the best of both worlds you will have to spend upwards of $ 4000 to get it.......PERFECT is never cheap.....

NancysToy
07-29-2012, 10:32 PM
That has been the trade-off with suspensions ever since they gave up on the buggy spring. More spring preload gives less body roll, but a harsher ride. Less spring tension gives a cushy ride but hampers performance in the corners. It's all a balancing act. Being able to also adjust damping (as on some Elkas) can give a bit of the best of both worlds sometimes....or the worst of both if you get the adjustements wrong.

Bob Denman
07-30-2012, 06:46 AM
:agree: You're always balancing on the edge of a knofe blade: ride versus handling... :shocked:

arntufun
07-30-2012, 07:31 AM
You can always do a half round of wedge adjustment, put a spring rubber in, or take a 1/2 pound of air out of the right rear. Are you loose in and tight out in turns 1 and 3 in clean air ???? :shocked:

Bob Denman
07-30-2012, 07:48 AM
A strip of tape across the grille and you should be good to go! :thumbup: :roflblack: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_5_4.gif