PDA

View Full Version : Price

Catfish Man
08-13-2007, 10:43 PM
How much will Spyder cost,where can i see one in TN,???

T-Bone©®™
08-14-2007, 06:07 AM
15K and talk to the board Admin LAmonster :bigthumbsup: he should have his real soon! :bigthumbsup: hehehehe

Lamonster
08-14-2007, 06:17 AM
I live in Greeneville TN but I had to go to FL to order one. I have yet to see or ride one. That's okay because I know I want it. Where in TN are you?

Catfish Man
08-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I live in Huntingdon ,about 30 miles NE of Jackson.At the end of September we will be in Morristown to take a trike riding class at Walters State Community College.

Lamonster
08-14-2007, 12:45 PM
I live in Huntingdon ,about 30 miles NE of Jackson.At the end of September we will be in Morristown to take a trike riding class at Walters State Community College.

Look me up when you get there. I'm just up the road from there. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

Catfish Man
08-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Will do,

spyder4ever
08-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Hi,

Here in France, BRP just communicated the official prices and I'm surprised to see that there is a difference depending of the color, meaning the "full moon" model is less expensive than the "Millenium Yellow"...

Is it the same in US and Canada and how justify such difference. is the painting quality better on the Millenium Yellow ? other args ?

Way2Fast
08-18-2007, 02:29 PM
When the Spyder was first introduced the price was set the same for both colors. Personaly, I think the yellow sales were lagging so to make them more appealing they RAISED the price $300. Some people think that if they pay more they are getting something better. Psychology 101. !!!

Both the yellow and the silver paint are metallic and both really look good in the sunlight.

Richard

spyder4ever
08-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Thanks Richard. :doorag:

jeuchler
08-20-2007, 06:35 PM
When the Spyder was first introduced the price was set the same for both colors. Personaly, I think the yellow sales were lagging so to make them more appealing they RAISED the price $300. Some people think that if they pay more they are getting something better. Psychology 101. !!!

Both the yellow and the silver paint are metallic and both really look good in the sunlight.

Richard

Huh... While I agree with Richard's assessment of "to make them more appealing they raised the price," my dealer in western Massachusetts claimed that the yellow was metallic and the silver was not.

(I was so focused on my test ride--yes, on a silver Spyder--that I didn't even notice the paint job!)

That $300 difference helped enable my decision to order the silver (read "moon shadow") model.

My daughter says the only way she'd allow me to get the yellow/black one is if we then covered it with Steelers logos...

sledmaster
10-10-2007, 02:17 PM
:agree: The price difference was said to be due to the extra cost of the "metallic" paint of the yellow vs. the "flat" of the silver. Looking at both in the sunlight it appears to be accurate. Maybe there is a painting process difference (like three coats vs. two coats?) or, material differences to justify the cost difference.....

I can tell you that the current models and colors are also said to only be the beginning. I really wouldn't be surprised to see new colors announced sometime late next year as "2009" models. And, eventually, more models. Some extreme, some solo-touring, some multi-rider, who knows? The (base) Rotax engine is said to be offered in higher-powered versions in the Aprillia bikes that use it, so expect (at some point in time) options here as well. BRP wouldn't go into this with a short-term plan, they likely have several years plotted out, depending on how it all goes.

LittleJohn
10-11-2007, 07:33 AM
:agree: The price difference was said to be due to the extra cost of the "metallic" paint of the yellow vs. the "flat" of the silver. Looking at both in the sunlight it appears to be accurate. Maybe there is a painting process difference (like three coats vs. two coats?) or, material differences to justify the cost difference.....

I can tell you that the current models and colors are also said to only be the beginning. I really wouldn't be surprised to see new colors announced sometime late next year as "2009" models. And, eventually, more models. Some extreme, some solo-touring, some multi-rider, who knows? The (base) Rotax engine is said to be offered in higher-powered versions in the Aprillia bikes that use it, so expect (at some point in time) options here as well. BRP wouldn't go into this with a short-term plan, they likely have several years plotted out, depending on how it all goes.

Ive heard this as well. (paint cost and options too)
As far as the engine, I doubt youll see BRP offer the higher output on the Spyder anytime soo, but Id also be willing to be it wont take someone long to figure out how to "chip up" the engine and get the Aprillia performance out of it.

AnthonyG
10-19-2007, 07:09 AM
I had already put my deposit down when the prices were the same. Then I received an invoice from my dealer showing my cost $300.00 more. Then when I went to the site I see that they raised the price and was caught in the middle.

Spyd3r
10-19-2007, 07:43 AM
If you are getting yellow, it has allways been $300 more for paint. BRP has no changed the price. I would be asking questions about dealer set up if anything. From what I have seen there is little to no set up once at the dealer. Ask them their shop rate per hour and ask them what exactly they did to "Set it up" How long it took to set it up and have them explain the math!

Spyd3r
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Find out what the shop rates are. We are around $75 on hour. You tell me it will take 16 hours for them to do set up? (low end of cost) They could probably build one in the time. I am sure there are laws in CAl. It is California... shop rates are posted somewhere. Hold them to the fire on it. I for one would be willing to send you documentation from my dealer, if and when, the Spyder is deliveried. You could take it up with BBB in the area, and threaten them with that, and possible small claims court. When you signed the original paper work, was set up on there?, if not you got both legs to stand on.

Spyd3r
10-20-2007, 10:07 AM
I have read rumors that part of the delay is that BRp is uncrating at distribution areas and then delivering to dealers. That would deflate dealer set up quite a bit. :doorag:

Way2Fast
10-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Yesterday, at Daytona, I learned that there was never any problem fitting the Spyders onto the delivery trucks. They ship assembled and come boxed similiar to snowmobiles and PWC. The rumor was probably started by greedy dealers who want to add on excessive "prep" charges when all they do is hook up the battery and put some gas into the tank !!

Richard

smokster
10-20-2007, 12:16 PM
What are people paying for these Out the door?

smokster
10-20-2007, 02:25 PM
are you in SO CA with that price?

smokster
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Stay out of the fires

braaap
10-22-2007, 07:06 PM
I have been told that I will not get mine until March 08 (I ordered in March 07), so I would gladly pay the extra that your dealers are charging if I got mine in October 07!

smokster
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I ordered mine on March and they are saying end of Nov...I am 8 on the list
Anaheim, CA

rbnicklin
10-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Base price was $ 14995.00. Out the door with $1100.00 in options and the extra for the yellow, mine was just under $18,475.00. Freight to south florida was around $750.00 and set up was under $300.00. It all adds up quick.

spyder22
10-31-2007, 04:03 PM
I ordered a yellow on Feb 28/07 But no spyder yet! salesman says soon ? Did you buy from Ft,lauderdale motorsports?

smokster
10-31-2007, 05:18 PM
when i placed the order for two spyders back in march, i asked for the o.t.d. price but the dealer said he didn't know what shipping and set-up would cost (fair enough). but, he did state there would be no additional dealer mark-ups. when i went to pay for the spyders last week, everything was fine until he told me that shipping was $1600 and set-up was $1300 (per spyder) - he did point out that there were no dealer added mark-ups (not sure how he did that with a straight face). obviously i was a little upset and contacted brp about their dealer and was told that they had several conplaints already about this problem with so. cal. dealers but there was nothing they could do. i eventually got the dealer to drop the shipping to $899 and set-up to $799 (per spyder). at this point, i either pay the money and take delivery or i don't. what the so. cal. dealers are doing is bad customer service and will hurt the image of brp but is not legally wrong.

regards,

What was the Final OTD in SO CA?
I bought mine from Anaheim..they charged 2500.00 tax,ship,prep, DMV, DOC etc.

ken zeller

Spyderman
11-01-2007, 09:08 AM
It seems that nobody really knows what the actual shipping charges are and the dealers are marking that up and the setup prep or whatever you want to call it fees to whatever the traffic will bear. If you don't like it, don't pay it and the dealer isn't worring about finding someone who will. In an overall slow sales market in powersports products, the dealer will milk these fees as additional profit since BRP won't let them markup the base price. Its like everything else in life, supply and demand.

smokster
11-01-2007, 10:31 AM
"Expect What you Inspect"
Nobody forced me to pay the charges, but I did because I wanted the unit.

Spyderman
11-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I reallly think that if BRP had the suggested retail at $19900.00, they would have sold just as many. Once you own this thing, you will think what you paid was a bargain.

rbnicklin
11-01-2007, 01:06 PM
I ordered a yellow on Feb 28/07 But no spyder yet! salesman says soon ? Did you buy from Ft,lauderdale motorsports?

I got mine from Broward Motorsports in Davie, Florida. I ordered from Sam the owner, but Chris has helped me since then. The machine is great, it gets better with every mile. It is very stable and quick.

smokster
11-01-2007, 01:32 PM
depends a lot on where you live. most expensive seems to be southern california. the two i bought (and have paid for) were $18410.75 each.

regards,

ken zeller

Where in SO CA did you buy?

Spyd3r
11-03-2007, 04:49 PM
California person $17,325 non yellow price. Yellow is $300 more. Dealer told me BRP specifically requested no discounts or hikes on the first 2500. Silver should be list $14,999. 3 hours set up time seems to be the norm, check their posted shop rate.

ccospyder
11-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I buy a Black one in Montreal Canada May 2007 for:

$18994.00 Canadian + delivery charge of $495.00 Canadian.

Delivery promess for May 2008.

What is your price in Usa.....

Thanks.