PDA

View Full Version : August meeting details for Ga Spyder Riders

sewnonnie
07-28-2012, 02:06 PM
The meeting will be August 18th starting at 11:00 am at Mountain Motorsports in Conyers, GA (899 Iris Drive SE 30094) This is a potluck. Bring a dish or two to share and beverages (we will have bottled water there). Keith (Yol Bolsun) is smoking a brisket and a pork butt or two. Bring any chairs that you can if you come in a cage or with a trailer.

MtnMotorsports will have some shade canopies and electric set up for us as well as some refrigerator space and some of the water. They are also setting up a training course in the back that may be a permanent course for new riders at some time in the future.

The plan for the day is to eat lunch between 11:30 and 1:00. We are working on a local ride that will include the Our Lady of the Holy Spirit monastery in Conyers. the ride will probably be about an hour long. After the ride, we will meet back at Mountain Motorsports for dessert and socializing, followed by our meeting. NOTE: There is a suggested donation of $5 for adults and $4 for seniors at the monastery. We will also have something set up for donations for Sarah, the artist that designed our logo. She did not charge for her work or time.

After visiting with Bloke and Robert at MMS today, they told me that they have over 40 Spyders in stock. If you know anyone that is interested, MMS probably has the bike to fit their desires. Robert is going to check to see if they can get the Can Am trailer so there are more demo bikes for our meeting.

Robert at MMS has offered to provide our banner with our logo. There would be something on it advertising the dealership as a sponsor. Since we do not collect dues and Keith and I do not want to dish out the dollars, I am all for this. We have received shirts for another dealer with their info in the past.

Keith is working on the agenda. Let him know by August 11th, if possible, if you have anything you want discussed.

UPDATE (August 15th): So far, there are 21 or more confirmed Spyders (and about 33 Spyder riders) for our meeting. this may be our biggest meeting yet!!!

Toys42
07-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Sounds great and thank you for organizing the event. We are looking forward to the monastery visit. Add two to the count.

MarkLawson
07-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Mary Lou will be in NC visiting her mother, but I will be at the potluck! Looking forward to it.

Cavman
07-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Put me down for one.
I wonder if Father Francis is still alive?

Spydman
07-29-2012, 08:32 PM
i will be there if at all possible. had spyder since the end of june. never been to any meetings or functions. looking forward to meeting everyone. also going to try and make it to ala. in late sept. for venom. stay well and ride safe SPYDMAN (VINCE):ohyea:

TuckMiddle
07-30-2012, 07:17 AM
I'll be there.
Thanks for all you guys do for us.:bowdown:

Tuck Middlebrook

Spyderbit65
07-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Howie and I will be there... Looking forward to seeing you all there

bloke
07-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Guys let me know if you need anything special ok :thumbup:

our demo units will be available

cracker
08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
We are planning on coming, thanks

gftempl
08-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I would have loved to show up and meet everyone of you from this area but that weekend happens to be one of the few I will be out of town (never fails). There is always next time (famous last words).

sewnonnie
08-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I would have loved to show up and meet everyone of you from this area but that weekend happens to be one of the few I will be out of town (never fails). There is always next time (famous last words).

Although not a "meeting", maybe you can join several of us for the Walton EMC Breast Cancer Ride on Sept 15th.

Look forward to meeting you.

MikeinGA
08-05-2012, 11:13 PM
My wife and I will be there. I have to ask the boss what she wants to make, so I'll update later.

Mike

gftempl
08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Although not a "meeting", maybe you can join several of us for the Walton EMC Breast Cancer Ride on Sept 15th.

Look forward to meeting you.

I made a calendar note of it and will be there if at all possible.

EzeSpyderGA
08-07-2012, 10:34 PM
My wife and I will be there on the 18th. We enjoyed meeting many of the GA Spyder Riders earlier this year at the last meeting and are looking forward to this meeting.:yes:

MikeinGA
08-09-2012, 11:04 PM
My wife and I will be there. I have to ask the boss what she wants to make, so I'll update later.

Mike

We are bringing pasta salad and brownies.

Mike

sewnonnie
08-10-2012, 04:42 AM
We are bringing pasta salad and brownies.

Mike

yum!!

GA-SPYDER
08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Talked to the wife and weather permitting, we will be there. I will talk to some of the Augusta folks and see what they think about it too.

Carl and Karen Patton

budsspuds
08-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Mapped out and it is 104 miles , so we will be scooting down even though we live in Anderson SC .

sewnonnie
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Mapped out and it is 104 miles , so we will be scooting down even though we live in Anderson SC .

:D LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU

sewnonnie
08-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Talked to the wife and weather permitting, we will be there. I will talk to some of the Augusta folks and see what they think about it too.

Carl and Karen Patton

Love to see our Augusta friends!!:D

GA-SPYDER
08-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Got a YES from two more of the Augusta :spyder2: crowd. We're going to touch base later on in the week and firm up plans for Saturday morning.

MarkLawson
08-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Anyone heard from Joan?

sewnonnie
08-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Anyone heard from Joan?

joan emailed me that she would try to be at our meeting.

bloke
08-15-2012, 12:52 PM
we have something special to show everybody ;)

sewnonnie
08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
we have something special to show everybody ;)

:clap:I am excited

Cavman
08-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Early this evening I was over at the Cycle Gear store, Smyrna, promoting the Venom In Vandiver at their monthly Bike Night event.
A young woman was looking over my Spyder and I went over to talk to her. She was real excited about the Spyder. She was interested in wanting to know about riding with people. I gave her a hand out about V UN V and told her about our ride this Saturday. I invited her to attend our event in Conyers. I gave her one of my SpyderLovers.com cards.
So, hopefully she will show up on Saturday?
My bad, I didn't get her name. :banghead:

sewnonnie
08-16-2012, 04:36 AM
Early this evening I was over at the Cycle Gear store, Smyrna, promoting the Venom In Vandiver at their monthly Bike Night event.
A young woman was looking over my Spyder and I went over to talk to her. She was real excited about the Spyder. She was interested in wanting to know about riding with people. I gave her a hand out about V UN V and told her about our ride this Saturday. I invited her to attend our event in Conyers. I gave her one of my SpyderLovers.com cards.

Hopefully she will come. Thanks for spreading the word, John.

bloke
08-17-2012, 11:42 AM
are you guys ready?

sewnonnie
08-17-2012, 01:03 PM
are you guys ready?

the surprise? yes :popcorn:
the meeting? yes
the ride? sort of, will know more later
the food? still need to bake
seeing everyone? yes
:yes:

jeromeb
08-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Wayne and Jerry from Columbus plan to attend. We were at the last meeting and I also attended the meeting prior.
Jerry

GASpyderLady
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
See you soon. Add one GASpyder Lady

bloke
08-17-2012, 05:21 PM
teaser :clap:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/468521/photobucket-1543-1345237585913.jpg

Cavman
08-17-2012, 05:44 PM
I like. Matches my helmet and cold weather jacket.

GASpyderLady
08-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Anyone heard from Joan?

Thanks Mark, for thinking of me. It has been a tough summer, I am going to be able to make the gathering. Thinking about The Bar B Que in September also. Cathie might be able to come to Lamont's.

See you tomorrow...

Joan

Yol Bolsun
08-18-2012, 05:42 PM
My sincere thanks to all who were able to attend. Outstanding turnout, over twenty-five Spyders (and a few others) in attendance.

MarkLawson
08-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Great time today! Thanks to Keith and Melonie for all their planning and work to pull it together.

Spydman
08-18-2012, 06:57 PM
good time today:yes: really great to meet all you folks. thanks for answering my questions on the great looking mods that many of you have.hope to get some going on my :spyder2: in the near future. hope everyone had a nice ride today. will be looking forward to the next meeting. planning on going to VENOM in sept. maybe see some of you guys there. :thumbup: GOD BLESS AND RIDE SAFE:ohyea:

sewnonnie
08-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks to Mountain Motorsports for hosting our meeting, providing our banner and 2 $100 giftcards for the raffle, as well as tables, chairs, water...
Thank you to all our members and guests. This is the largest gathering in GA so far...to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks to Bloke and Laura for planning our ride and leading it. WE appreciate your participation today in the ride. This was a first for us and we are learning. We would welcome comments to help us improve. Our intention today was to have two groups instead of such a large single one.

The food was awesome. Thank you. I will be writing up the recipe for the raspberry pretzel salad. PM me if you want the recipe. I want to know who brought the red velvet cookies and where they were purchased.

Thank you for the contributions for our artist fund. We collected over $80.

I enjoyed meeting everyone. We look forward to the next meeting and between now and then have fun and ride safe

sewnonnie
08-18-2012, 07:46 PM

John - thank you for letting Mahogany know about our group. We loved spending time with her.

Cavman
08-18-2012, 08:28 PM
You are quite welcome. I'm glad she showed up and y'all took her on the ride. I think she is hooked on getting a Spyder.

Thanks to all for putting on such a great event. Wow, 25 people! Did some say there was going to be another ride?

bloke
08-18-2012, 09:16 PM
thank you Keith and Melanie for putting it all together and thank you everybody for choosing to visit us today :thumbup:

Daisyjoe
08-19-2012, 10:08 PM
:yes::yes: Good turn out!! Hope I can make the next event. Would love to see everyone and the new owners.