PDA

View Full Version : Board question

LLSailor
07-28-2012, 10:27 AM
If I leave without logging out, does the board still list me as being on?

wyliec
07-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Yes.

johnnyg
07-28-2012, 10:40 AM
The answer is sometime if you don't open it up again in a short it will cut you off. But you [don't] have to log in our on to read any threads, you do have to log in only if you want to reply and also to see if you have any private messages.

wyliec
07-28-2012, 12:06 PM
The answer is sometime if you don't open it up again in a short it will cut you off. But you [don't] have to log in our on to read any threads, you do have to log in only if you want to reply and also to see if you have any private messages.

I can turn off my computer for a week and if I didn't log off spyderlovers I'm still logged in when I come back to spyderlovers and can reply to posts.

Lamonster
07-28-2012, 12:10 PM
The board logs you out as being active after a set time, I think 90min. If you click the "remember me" box it will log you back in as soon as you go back to the site, that's based on cookies.

Bob Denman
07-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks Lamont! :thumbup:
I was wondering why I sometimes can get right back in, and other times I'm back to all of that pesky typing...

billybovine
07-28-2012, 12:49 PM
The board logs you out as being active after a set time, I think 90min. If you click the "remember me" box it will log you back in as soon as you go back to the site, that's based on cookies.

mmmmmm I like cookies!! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-28-2012, 01:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuFEssDBBQY

ARtraveler
07-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the info. I wondered about that also.

SpyderAnn01
07-28-2012, 02:56 PM
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?

Bob Denman
07-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Actually; it doesn't!
It creates vibrations. Those vibrations are then perceived as sound when they get to rattling around inside of our ears... (seriously!)
And you thought that I was only here for the beer! :roflblack:

wyliec
07-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Actually; it doesn't!
It creates vibrations. Those vibrations are then perceived as sound when they get to rattling around inside of our ears... (seriously!)
And you thought that I was only here for the beer! :roflblack:

It does. Sounds are created by energy. If it's a big tree, as it is falling and before it hits the earth, the vibrations are set in motion. So, what came first? The chicken or the egg.

bruiser
07-28-2012, 08:05 PM
It does. Sounds are created by energy. If it's a big tree, as it is falling and before it hits the earth, the vibrations are set in motion. So, what came first? The chicken or the egg.

The rooster :roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-29-2012, 06:41 AM

:agree: It creates the vibrations. (The energy)
It takes an ear; in this case a human one, to convert that energy to sound... :thumbup:

No ears; no sound... only vibrations!

IGETAROUND
07-29-2012, 01:00 PM
I can turn off my computer for a week and if I didn't log off spyderlovers I'm still logged in when I come back to spyderlovers and can reply to posts.
:yikes::gaah:
Yep that's the way it works for me also. Hope we're not burning up bandwidth on the server for Lamont doing this

boborgera
07-29-2012, 02:36 PM

If three Married Men are in the forest and come up with an idea,
And their Wives are a thousand miles away and can't hear them;;

Are they still wrong.

SpyderAnn01
07-29-2012, 03:37 PM
If three Married Men are in the forest and come up with an idea,
And their Wives are a thousand miles away and can't hear them;;

Are they still wrong.

How silly of you to ask. Of course they are wrong!

boborgera
07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
How silly of you to ask. Of course they are wrong!

Suspicions Confirmed. :roflblack:

effgjamis
07-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Have no idea.... I wasn't there.

Dar
07-29-2012, 10:00 PM
But does the light in the fridge go off when you close the door? :popcorn:

boborgera
08-02-2012, 09:32 PM
But does the light in the fridge go off when you close the door? :popcorn:

Funny story About a fridge door ,
My Grandfather would always have a hard time finding the bathroom at night,
So my Grandmother had me rig a light to go on when he open the bathroom door.

One night she caught him peeing in the refrigerator.:yikes: