PDA

View Full Version : half cover vs full cover

strictlyred
07-27-2012, 01:28 PM
just wondered why people would purchase a half cover instead of the full cover..
I have a full one,, and been thinking about the half cover...wold love to know opinions on the half cover for spyder

Camdenlake
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Half cover for out traveling. Full cover if my precious ever has to sit outside. Only on once to take pics :).

ulflyer
07-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Half cover, half the size to carry when on a trip. Its still pretty bulky. Frankly, were i to do it over, I'd not have bought it and made use of something cheaper. Mine sits in garage otherwise and during winter I throw a queen size sheet over it keep dust off.

pro10is
07-27-2012, 01:58 PM
The Nelson_Rigg half cover is made of nylon and takes up very little room in the trunk. It's also very easy to put on and take off. It's the only cover I would consider for daily use. I also have a full cover which I use to store the Spyder off season but it's too big to fit in the trunk so it would never be used daily.

Bob Denman
07-27-2012, 02:32 PM
I've got a full cover for those "I've got to park it WHERE?? :shocked:" episodes.
But I'm looking for a half-cover because it seems much more useful!

mooneych
07-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I have both, but go to work with the half-cover. The full cover stays home and is used if there is any bad weather. My Spyder lives outside.

SpydermanCT
07-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I do store my Spyder in the garage and used it the first winter I had it. Since then I have only used the half cover. It is really easy to install, keeps all the important areas protected and doesn't take up very much room in the bike when it's all rolled up in itself. I never leave home without it.

harrypottar
07-27-2012, 05:10 PM
I also have both, half cover while traveling, plan to use the full cover over winter. Keep the spyder dust free and warm while parked up in the garage.

harry

schnauzermom
07-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Just used the half cover on our 2500mi motorcycle trip. It goes on easy and protects everything but the paint. It also stores smaller than a full.

vtrider
07-28-2012, 01:41 AM
I have the Nelson Rigg half cover and use it all the time to cover the spyder while I'm at work. It works great to keep the rain off, as well as the UV rays from the sun. It helps to protect the console area and my expensive corbin seat from fading and cracking as well. It is a handy cover to carry on trips and doesn't take much space.

DocRags
07-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Wal-mart sells a motorcycle cover that fits the :spyder2: nicely for around $20. We have one for when the :spyder2: won't be on the road for awhile (:yikes:) or if it's raining. We also have a beach towel (with the Navy seal on it) that we use for a sun cover when we are out and about. We sewed ribbon loops on the corners and use bungee cords to hold it in place on the :spyder2:. It protects the console and seat quite nicely; keeps the seat from getting too hot in the Florida sun. We store it in our tank bag.