PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release fasteners for Body Panels

Crisis
07-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Where can I get the Quick Release fasteners for Body Panels to match the ones on the panel to check the oil? Also, will these work to replace the screw on the body panels.
Thanks

daveinva
07-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Where can I get the Quick Release fasteners for Body Panels to match the ones on the panel to check the oil? Also, will these work to replace the screw on the body panels.
Thanks

Search the forum for "Dzus"-- those are the type of fasteners. A little light modification and you can replace any and all the regular Torx screws with said fasteners.

mooneych
07-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks

Check Curveygirl.com. I switched out all of mine in a couple of hours. Use your handy Dremmel tool. :doorag:

Some Guy
07-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Check Curveygirl.com. I switched out all of mine in a couple of hours. Use your handy Dremmel tool. :doorag:

It's actually Kurveygirl.com

That's where I got mine. It's the cheapest place I found on-line. You will have to trim some of the plastic for the side panels. I used a utility knife because the Dremel was doing more melting than trimming. For the front part of the y-panel, you'll have to trim metal.

hawkiii
07-27-2012, 11:07 AM
My buddy Neez put together this thread on dzus fasteners. Check it out

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?35432-Some-Dzus-tips&highlight=dzus

Crisis
07-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the info. Do I need to purchase 12 or 14 mm?

mooneych
07-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info. Do I need to purchase 12 or 14 mm?

Black D-Ring Dzus, Clip-On, OEM Plastic Bodywork(14mm)(D8)

That would be 14mm. You'll need about 26 of them (depends how far you want to go). I can now strip all the tupperware off the bike in about 2 minutes. A dremmel tool with a carbide cutting wheel will make short work of the plastic and metal.

Happy hunting!