PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar risers and mirror obstruction

Spyder ri
07-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

Im 6'2 and looking for a set of handlebar risers for my RS.
I was wondering if anyone has any issues with their riser kit puts your hands in front of the mirrors and obstructs your view. if so, which ones do or do not block thuse mirrors?

Any experiences? Thanks!

NancysToy
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Most of the riders using risers have also added mirror extensions.

Littlebadwolf
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Get one of the mirror extensions that I think Kewlmetal or ESI puts out...should resolve your problem.

boborgera
07-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any issues with their riser kit puts your hands in front of the mirrors and obstructs your view. if so, which ones do or do not block thuse mirrors?

Any experiences? Thanks!

Just about anything will obstructs the stock mirrors GS/RS.
All i could see out of my stock [08GS] were my shoulders, There's mirrors extenders that will solve that problem.

ARtraveler
07-26-2012, 03:18 PM
3"-4" inch risers plus mirror extensions will give you a more upright ride.

hawkiii
07-26-2012, 03:20 PM
You can get extenders from KewlMetal or ESI has a set that move the mirrors up and out. That might be the way to go for you at 6'2".

arntufun
07-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Those mirror extentions work, but how do I put this to be polite........................... they are aesthetically challenged.

My Moma always told me to never look back in life, so there is no need to see behind you is there ????????????

jvicker
07-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Those mirror extentions work, but how do I put this to be polite........................... they are aesthetically challenged.

Well put.:thumbup:

mxz600
07-26-2012, 04:50 PM
but how do I put this to be polite........................... they are aesthetically challenged.

That describes a lot of us, I mean things.

Littlebadwolf
07-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I covered up the mirror extensions with the Madstad Air Deflection wings...works good for me...Isn't it wonderful how everybody takes a lot of pride in thier Spyders?...Show off your mods...be open minded...push the threshold and make a journey to one of the Spyder events..The people make the ride...the friendship is invaluable...

Questions
07-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi all,

Any experiences? Thanks!
I am the same height and the risers and mirror extensions have made all the difference. Feel free to add this modification to your bike.:rolleyes: