PDA

View Full Version : For SpyderSteve and anybody else that may ride this weekend, July 28th.

mxz600
07-25-2012, 09:29 AM
I am starting this thread as not to muddy up 5PYD3R's thread for an August ride.

As I stated in the other thread, Sat. July 28th would be good for me. That being said, Hell is a little far for a one day trip for me and the wife. Frankenmuth is out.

If you all wanted to head west toward Battle Creek that would fit me better. I don't want to interfere with your plans Steve to see Hell or Frankenmuth, so if you chose Hell I would probably throw the Spyder in the trailer and drop off in Jackson. There is no way I'm going to ride the Spyder down Semi Boulevard, aka I-94, with the cheese graters along the side of the road. And to take back roads would just take way to long to get there.

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see want the plans are and make my decision by Friday based off of what the final decision is. Hell does look like a nice area to ride.

SpyderAnn01
07-25-2012, 10:00 AM
You could take I196 & I96 instead of 94. Fewer semis and only a few miles further.

Rando
07-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I would love to go to Hell this weekend!

dancogan
07-25-2012, 12:56 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Hell is fine with us ... or the Artesian Wells ... or ???

mxz600
07-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I would love to go to Hell this weekend!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Hell is fine with us ... or the Artesian Wells ... or ???
Then Hell it is.

Let's all go to Hell this Saturday, July 28th.:thumbup:

Littlebadwolf
07-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Cindi's working this weekend but I'm up to riding somewhere...Will watch the thread to see what develops...On another note....Our friends from the western side of the state need to set up a ride in thier turf...<hint...hint>:ohyea:

Some Guy
07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
WOW! People never suggest I go to Hell...they usually forcefully insist on it! :roflblack:

Sounds good to me.

mxz600
07-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Well it sounds like we are getting some interest in this Hellacious meet and eat.

Any suggestions on a good time to meet up? Maybe around 12:30 to 1:00 for lunch and see what happens from there?

5PYD3R
07-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Well I got out of the gf's family reunion so looks like the gf and I may be going to hell with you all!!

mxz600
07-25-2012, 02:50 PM
On another note....Our friends from the western side of the state need to set up a ride in thier turf...<hint...hint>:ohyea:
I'll work on that Larry.

Maybe something during the Paw Paw Wine and Harvest Festival. We can ride around the countryside and smell the grapes.

http://wineandharvestfestival.com/ (http://wineandharvestfestival.com/)

Littlebadwolf
07-25-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll work on that Larry.

Maybe something during the Paw Paw Wine and Harvest Festival. We can ride around the countryside and smell the grapes.

http://wineandharvestfestival.com/ (http://wineandharvestfestival.com/)

I'd definitely come over for that run...I love wine...but not while driving...I'm up for Hell this weekend...always a great time.

SpyderSteve
07-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks for starting this thread Mark :thumbup: Hell it is then, hopefully Sunday we can visit another part of your State :2thumbs:

Littlebadwolf
07-25-2012, 05:43 PM
I am starting this thread as not to muddy up 5PYD3R's thread for an August ride.

As I stated in the other thread, Sat. July 28th would be good for me. That being said, Hell is a little far for a one day trip for me and the wife. Frankenmuth is out.

If you all wanted to head west toward Battle Creek that would fit me better. I don't want to interfere with your plans Steve to see Hell or Frankenmuth, so if you chose Hell I would probably throw the Spyder in the trailer and drop off in Jackson. There is no way I'm going to ride the Spyder down Semi Boulevard, aka I-94, with the cheese graters along the side of the road. And to take back roads would just take way to long to get there.

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see want the plans are and make my decision by Friday based off of what the final decision is. Hell does look like a nice area to ride.

You're right...long drive to come over and back without spending a nite somewhere...If you want to come over for the Hell ride you guys are welcome to our spare bedroom. Seems like hell is it...Look forward to seeing everybody.

Firefly
07-25-2012, 08:33 PM
You're right...long drive to come over and back without spending a nite somewhere...If you want to come over for the Hell ride you guys are welcome to our spare bedroom. Seems like hell is it...Look forward to seeing everybody.

Paw Paw to Hell is only 112 miles. Then 112 miles back = 225 miles round trip. That's a long ride for a day?

Huh?

mxz600
07-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Paw Paw to Hell is only 112 miles. Then 112 miles back = 225 miles round trip. That's a long ride for a day?

Huh?

My wife doesn't like expressways so I avoid them as much as possible, especially I-94. Therefore the 112 miles becomes about 125 at almost 3 hours. Another possible 2 hours of riding after we meet up and you are looking at a total of 8 hours maybe more.

Now I know to you that doesn't seem like much and it's not, on a good day. But for reasons I don't want to get into right now, Connie and I are not going to be on that bike for eight hours Saturday.

But it's all good. We'll just trailer it a ways and ride the Spyder the rest of the way.

Dan, are you going to make it to Hell on Saturday? You should come.

mxz600
07-25-2012, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the offer on the room Larry, very generous, but we'll what to get back Saturday night.

See you in Hell!!

Firefly
07-26-2012, 08:58 AM
My wife doesn't like expressways so I avoid them as much as possible, especially I-94. Therefore the 112 miles becomes about 125 at almost 3 hours. Another possible 2 hours of riding after we meet up and you are looking at a total of 8 hours maybe more.

Now I know to you that doesn't seem like much and it's not, on a good day. But for reasons I don't want to get into right now, Connie and I are not going to be on that bike for eight hours Saturday.

But it's all good. We'll just trailer it a ways and ride the Spyder the rest of the way.

Dan, are you going to make it to Hell on Saturday? You should come.

Ahhhh. I missed the part about riding 2 up with the wife......

Not sure if I'll make it due to other plans. ..... But might be able to move some things around.

Littlebadwolf
07-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Forecast for Saturday is sunny and 85...perfect day for riding..This is a opportunity for all of our new Michigan riders to come out and meet everybody.

Kmort44
07-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Can a Northern Indiana Spyder Ryder join in on this Ryde. I could meet up somewhere on the way or just meet up at Hell. I have been there before but would love to meet some fellow Spyder Ryders. Please!;)

SpyderSteve
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Can a Northern Indiana Spyder Ryder join in on this Ryde. I could meet up somewhere on the way or just meet up at Hell. I have been there before but would love to meet some fellow Spyder Ryders. Please!;) Anyone can can show up for this ride [i sorted invited myself to SomeGuys house this weekend] :yikes: The more Spyders the better :thumbup:

Some Guy
07-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Can a Northern Indiana Spyder Ryder join in on this Ryde. I could meet up somewhere on the way or just meet up at Hell. I have been there before but would love to meet some fellow Spyder Ryders. Please!;)

What???!!! A Hoosier in Hell???!!! :roflblack:

Seriously, of course you're welcome! :thumbup:

i sorted invited myself to SomeGuys house this weekend] :yikes:

I'm not exactly sure how that happened. I'd have my dog attack him when he gets here, but I think she likes him better than me!!! nojoke

Some Guy
07-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Spyder Steve is in Lansing. Ruby is not letting him out of her sight and demands constant petting from him! Crazy dog.

I think we'll be getting to Hell around noon tomorrow.

Firefly
07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Moved some things around-- looks like I can make it.... Will probably come up to your house Mike and then go to hell with you and Steve.....

Littlebadwolf
07-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Should have them make some "Spyders from Hell" t-shirts....

mxz600
07-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Moved some things around-- looks like I can make it.... Will probably come up to your house Mike and then go to hell with you and Steve.....
That is good to hear Dan.
Connie and I can ride your RT and you can blow the carbon out of my GS.:yikes:

Firefly
07-27-2012, 02:30 PM
That is good to hear Dan.
Connie and I can ride your RT and you can blow the carbon out of my GS.:yikes:

It's a deal. Really--- you're more than welcome to take her for a ride on my RT. just don't say I didn't warn ya!!! I think passengers sell more RT's than anyone.....

rhansen309
07-27-2012, 03:34 PM
We would love to come but will be riding up to Kentwood to the Viet Nam war memorial moving wall. Ya'll enjoy yourselves!!!

Kmort44
07-27-2012, 04:22 PM
OK....so if I leave the Hoosier state at 8:30 I should be able to meet everyone in Hell around noon. I look forward to this gathering. If anyone would like to exchange cell phone numbers to keep in touch, Please PM me.

:cheers:
Thanks everyone, see you in HELL

Kevin

Littlebadwolf
07-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Glad to see you coming up Kevin
OK....so if I leave the Hoosier state at 8:30 I should be able to meet everyone in Hell around noon. I look forward to this gathering. If anyone would like to exchange cell phone numbers to keep in touch, Please PM me.

:cheers:
Thanks everyone, see you in HELL

Kevin

Glad to see you coming up Kevin...Enjoy your ride...