PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there from Nova Scotia

ruthie
07-25-2012, 08:58 AM
In Stepember a few of us from Mississippi will be heading to Nova Scotia for a visit. Looking for all the information I can gather before our visit.

dancogan
07-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I can tell you this from a visit in 2004: the people of Nova Scotia are some of the friendliest and most polite people you will ever meet!

Oh, the lobster is quite good, too, as is the seafood chowder.

murphybrown
07-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Wonderful country, wonderful people and oh yea...wonderful lobster...I rode up the Maine coastline (more awesomeness)..crossed at Calais...to Saint John, NB ... spent a couple nites at Truro, NS while I did day rydes to Halifax, Annapolis valley....watching the tide change on Bay of Fundy..was like "oh my gosh"....Then I rode up and did Cabot Trail...again a highly recommended ryde. So much to see, do and talk to great folks. I looked for all the back roads...what I like best..
PM John Winslow and Roger Beaubiem here on Spyderlovers...they gave me all the best places to go and see...
Have a great trip...:thumbup:

ruthie
07-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Thank you for this information and forward my request to the two other Spyderlovers.
We are really looking forward to the trip.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-25-2012, 07:00 PM
RUTHIE: My place is on the way...so if you want lay over you are more than welcome.....Also since you will be in the neighborhood the road to the top of Mt Washington is quite the ride ( and on the way ) and Acadia Nat'l. Park ( jewel of the east ) is also a must see....Ask " Murphy B " her opinion.......Mike......:thumbup:

rnet
07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
In Stepember a few of us from Mississippi will be heading to Nova Scotia for a visit. Looking for all the information I can gather before our visit.I'll be in Nova Scotia in September, but my means of travel will be on a very large boat, have fun. Ron

ARtraveler
07-25-2012, 07:55 PM
What MurphyBrown said. Add Cape Breton if you have the time.

summerdawn
07-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Our ride to Nova Scotia, especially Cape Breton and the gorgeous Cabot Trial is my favorite motorcycle ride of all time. I dream of going back soon. It is beyond beautiful but tends to rain so take good rain gear! Here is a link to my photos from that trip. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1211863257317.2032071.1250825759&type=3

rogerb
07-25-2012, 08:41 PM
I recognized a lot of those places you visited. No matter how many times you go you never see it all. At least you have memories.:thumbup: