PDA

View Full Version : My BumpSkid install

hrbeta
07-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Just finished installing a BumpSkid on my 2011 RS, it took me about two and a half hours and it was a fairly straight forward, easy job. I'm very impressed with the quality of the components, way better than BRP's. My original skid plate did not survive my Colorado's adventures, I'm sure the BumpSkid should score better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CyncySpyder
07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
:2thumbs:SPYDERPOPS:2thumbs:

donnellpj
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Yea, its my opinion, you gotta have this mod. Its essential for protecting the nose on this machine. The nose is just a piece of plastic, afterall.

There are too many stories of catching something at speeed with the nose, and the tuppware loses,...

Looks good too! :rolleyes:

MidLifeCrisis
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Just noticed the RS version on the SpyderPops site this morning. Glad they now offer one and it looks sweet :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Cruzr Joe
07-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I had a bump skid installed at Spyderpops along with the catalytic heat shields and i think they are really awesome and help protect my investment on my 2012 Lava Bronze RT Ltd. thanks Spyderpops

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Spy+
07-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi Hector.. it looks great dude!!:thumbup: I guess you got the best of both worlds: do some trail riding in Colorado and replace parts in your Spyder for better ones ;)

My Spyder is all disassembled and waiting for: the tupperware to be back from the paint shop, exhaust pipes to be ceramic coated, new tires to be mounted in the new powder coated wheels, installing new oil pressure and battery gauges, mounting freshly powder coated rider and passenger pegs, amd the list goes on and on...

Here is a pic..

Lets try to connect with the SoFlo group in mid august for a Steak dinner at Burns..

hrbeta
07-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Hi Hector.. it looks great dude!!:thumbup: I guess you got the best of both worlds: do some trail riding in Colorado and replace parts in your Spyder for better ones ;)

My Spyder is all disassembled and waiting for: the tupperware to be back from the paint shop, exhaust pipes to be ceramic coated, new tires to be mounted in the new powder coated wheels, installing new oil pressure and battery gauges, mounting freshly powder coated rider and passenger pegs, amd the list goes on and on...

Here is a pic..

Lets try to connect with the SoFlo group in mid august for a Steak dinner at Burns..

Wow, talk about TLC :) It's gonna look great!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

samewok
07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
It will protect :f_spider:.

major911
10-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I had a bump skid installed at Spyderpops along with the catalytic heat shields and i think they are really awesome and help protect my investment on my 2012 Lava Bronze RT Ltd. thanks Spyderpops

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
Does spyderpops actually have a shop where they install these?

mick ruhdorf
10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Hi all ive just installed an alloy skid plate (we call them bash plates in OZ ) and its a beauty same shape as the original made of 4mm thick aluminium alloy it should last longer than the spyder. :2thumbs: cheers mick

SPYDERPOPS
10-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Does spyderpops actually have a shop where they install these?

Yes, we do installs in our shop in Pearcy, AR. it is 13mi. outside of Hot Springs and close to some really great riding.

We require An appointment because the owner likes to ride his Spyder for days at a time.

shrubs
10-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Looks great! It's on my "TO DO" mod li$ting.

Bob Denman
10-02-2012, 07:14 AM
:agree: mine too!
And as backup; it's also made the Christmas Wish-List as well! :2thumbs:

major911
10-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Yes, we do installs in our shop in Pearcy, AR. it is 13mi. outside of Hot Springs and close to some really great riding.

We require An appointment because the owner likes to ride his Spyder for days at a time.

do you ever travel to any of the events like bikeweek or biketoberfest?

Dan-Am
10-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Nice job... I'm starting my Spyderprops installation marathon today!...bought just about every RS item on the page! Nice to see it is a straight forward job. I got a little lesson in what heat is by moving out here to Vegas...looking forward to the heat control improvements

Cruzr Joe
10-15-2012, 04:44 PM
do you ever travel to any of the events like bikeweek or biketoberfest?

I am not sure which events he goes to but he does go to several and he will do installs at the events

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker