PDA

View Full Version : How I spent my weekend

Motorcycledave
07-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Well this weekend I spent most of my time doing much reading about and riding the Spyder's out there
I went to the dealer in a near by town and spent lots of time riding the RT and the RS models...
here is my take on the two.
1- I don't think I am old enough to ride an RT hahahahah after riding the RS model, The RT was like driving a bus

2- I ride an ST1100 and an ST 1300 now, with the knees I have (new ) that is... I am fine the only thing I don't like
is the foot position being back as far as it is, that is the same trouble with the RS models but that is an easy fix on my ST's
I put road pegs up front.

3- The seats on the RT and the RS suck... that to is an easy fix as are the bars. Heli bars or risers will do the trick.
there are many seats out there including my own brand ..... ah yes I am a custom seat builder and have been for 30 years
so the seat is the least of my concerns.
SOOOoooooo all in all I think for me the RS sport model is for me I also was informed there is a new one on the way,
being a member of SEMA I go to the SEMA show every year in Las Vegas and all the new models are there to see and some to drive including motorcycles and yes the CanAm and other 3 wheeled stuff from the neighbors to the North.
So unless I get the most unbelievable deal on an RS now I will see what next year has to offer.
I will say the Spyder is not a motorcycle nor does it handle or ride like one and that is why I want one.... they are just plain
FUN...

Thank you everyone for your input I do enjoy reading and learning
see who says I'm to old to learn new stuff....

Dave
motorcycledave@mac.com

Bob Denman
07-24-2012, 10:14 AM
:congrats: on a very productive weekend! :thumbup: Now it's time to get the checkbook ready... :shocked: :roflblack:

harrypottar
07-24-2012, 10:23 AM
:congrats::welcome:

Sooooo, what seats do you make, :nopic:

Harry

Motorcycledave
07-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks.... I build seats that fit you not everybody you know the old one size fits all type.
Usually the person is here sitting on it so I can see where it needs to be corrected,
I use memory foam and Gel quite a bit... I did notice for me the stock seat on both
RT and RS mod. are made to make you slide forward toward the tank making your foot position
to far back for my liking.. I would raise the seat and cut the seat so you sit back farther and
in the part where your butt is put in Gel that make it a seat you can sit on all day, then cover it
with what ever materials I wanted...
I will have my Spyder very soon.
PS I am a life long rider, Member of Port Stockton Motorcycle Club, ST Owners Club, I am also
Past President of AMA Dist. #36 Yea I'm an old guy but only old on the outside.
Ride Safe
Dave

:congrats::welcome:

Sooooo, what seats do you make, :nopic:

Harry