PDA

View Full Version : Pro Guns ..... Interesting read

effgjamis
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/07/the-most-pro-gun-low-crime-city-in-the-united-states/

quite interesting read I think...

dave01
07-23-2012, 02:16 PM
I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought like this. LOL

KCPete
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/07/the-most-pro-gun-low-crime-city-in-the-united-states/

quite interesting read I think...

Very! :doorag:

Bob Denman
07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
The sad fact, is that while we can all nodd our heads in agreement about it; there's always going to be somebody around ready to roll their eyes in disgust over the sad state of affairs in Kennesaw... :gaah:

zrc
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
While I like the read, if you roll heavy you should know where it will get you into trouble. I do, I would not ask anyone in NY where to check my firearm, I would just leave it in the secret location on the spyder and move on.

I read an interesting article about the situation last Thursday where the writer of the article basically blamed the failed assualt gun ban on the mass shooting. Doesnt matter that the individual had 3 more firearms, and had rigged his entire apartment building to blow. If only owning an AR-15 was illegal, then it would have never happened.

That mentality is pure lunacy. Where was the NSA and the Government agencies supposedly using the patriot act to farm all the data on earth about the US citizens. Didnt notice 4 firearms, smoke bombs, tactical gear and large amounts of stuff to blow up a building? I mean I guess he didnt use American Express or VISA here to make all this happen.

First and foremost I would enjoy the return of Journalists. You know those people that used to write the news without bias and spin involved. The ones that just wanted to tell the world what was happening, not make it to the next big thing because they predicted something or had an agenda?

Between having to read what happens and see the CNN / FOX verison and then several other verisons to actually understand what is happening.

It makes me sad, we are slowly erroding into a place where taxes and bans on handguns is what the people think their government should do because it will stop the people that are already breaking the law.

You know back in the day, when all they had were rocks, they hit each other and threw them at one another. Then then made arrows and hatchets from sticks and rocks, spears, bows, swords, etc... Obviously we are going to use tools to fight or hunt or whatever we do, why is everyone about taking them from people? Are they afraid of the items themselves, I would think so. But to justify it (which is all we seem to do as people, justify what we do, regardless of the cost or appearance) they look at this guy that was obviously interested in killing and collateral damage.

Insane? perhaps, maybe he was just angry his cow died on farmville, how will we ever know. Because someone this "damaged" or "sane" will give answers us regulars will never understand. I would like to believe that somehow in this world something beside fear of reprocussions would stop people, but I have come to believe that these people do these things because they are not afraid of someone stopping them before they do whatever it is they are looking to do.

Firefly
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Just gonna remove my posts...not any good gonna come from this..... happy shooting! ;-)

zrc
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Also removed out of respect for Firefly, I feel like I been on his back lately.

Firefly
07-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Removing post.. no good gonna come from this thread..... ;-)

zrc
07-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Removed out of respect for Firefly :)

dave01
07-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Purchasing ammo off the internet is great. I usually get it in lots of 2500-4000 rounds for each caliber I shoot. The only time a red flag was waved is when I purchased 6 firearms within a 7 day period. What can I say, they were having a great sale that week.

zrc
07-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Purchasing ammo off the internet is great. I usually get it in lots of 2500-4000 rounds for each caliber I shoot. The only time a red flag was waved is when I purchased 6 firearms within a 7 day period. What can I say, they were having a great sale that week.

Dude you gotta post a link to that kinda sale!

zrc
07-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Removing post.. no good gonna come from this thread..... ;-)

Sorry Bro, I wasnt trying to debate you, I was actually thinking down the line of the topic. Its hard to understand where the line to help people and to hurt them is. I am pro not going to far, and I was thinking outloud. Not trying to dog you, just trying to state that I wish there was an easier and better answer.

Firefly
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Sorry Bro, I wasnt trying to debate you, I was actually thinking down the line of the topic. Its hard to understand where the line to help people and to hurt them is. I am pro not going to far, and I was thinking outloud. Not trying to dog you, just trying to state that I wish there was an easier and better answer.

Just best to keep away from hot-button topics.
I actually feel less positive about the future of the world than I did before reading some of the responses out here about these topics.nojoke

To see so many willing to kill over something as stupid as a TV or a Spyder....makes me sick.. not to mention the judgmental attitude towards those less fortunate than us.nojoke

But I do owe you a link you can research tax rates and the history..... pretty interesting stuff: http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-federal-individual-income-tax-rates-history-1913-2011-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-brackets

dave01
07-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Firefly, I agree with you on most of the gun stuff. Steal my Spyder, its yours. Want my tv, take it. But come into my house when I or my family is home and I have no idea of your intentions, you will not walk out. 2 burglaries and 1 home invasion in 2 years makes me very cautious and wary about others. The majority of my shooting is killing clay pigeons and a ton of paper targets.

spyder3
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I actually feel less positive about the future of the world than I did before reading some of the responses out here about these topics.nojoke

To see so many willing to kill over something as stupid as a TV or a Spyder....makes me sick.. not to mention the judgmental attitude towards those less fortunate than us.nojoke

But I do owe you a link you can research tax rates and the history..... pretty interesting stuff: http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-federal-individual-income-tax-rates-history-1913-2011-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-brackets

You crack me up Dan. 2 post in this thread claiming you are not posting, one post to say your keeping away from hot button topics.....and then move on to take a shot(no pun intended) at just about everyone who doesn't see things YOUR way....in the VERY SAME POST..... really? :roflblack::roflblack: Is it that important to you to get the last word in? You are not married, thats for certain...:roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Give him a bit of a break guys; He's been hammered from pillar to post recently about these things. We ain't changing his mind and he ain't changing ours, so let's agree to give him a pass on this one... :thumbup:

Ammo for sale: I've got a Dillon RL550B set up for 45acp, 9mm and 38 spl. that I'd like to sell...
Why not roll your own??

Firefly
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Firefly, I agree with you on most of the gun stuff. Steal my Spyder, its yours. Want my tv, take it. But come into my house when I or my family is home and I have no idea of your intentions, you will not walk out. 2 burglaries and 1 home invasion in 2 years makes me very cautious and wary about others. The majority of my shooting is killing clay pigeons and a ton of paper targets.

:agree: And think you have a very sane way of looking at things. :thumbup:

Firefly
07-23-2012, 07:03 PM
You crack me up Dan. 2 post in this thread claiming you are not posting, one post to say your keeping away from hot button topics.....and then move on to take a shot(no pun intended) at just about everyone who doesn't see things YOUR way....in the VERY SAME POST..... really? :roflblack::roflblack: Is it that important to you to get the last word in? You are not married, thats for certain...:roflblack:

For your information the system wouldn't let me delete those posts for whatever reason...so I had no choice but to just replace the text with something. But I'll go try and remove them again just to make you happy.

BTW....I could care less about the last word.. or what you think about me.... but at least I didn't resort to personal attacks.

My relationship status is frankly none of your business.

Firefly
07-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Give him a bit of a break guys; He's been hammered from pillar to post recently about these things. We ain't changing his mind and he ain't changing ours, so let's agree to give him a pass on this one... :thumbup:

Ammo for sale: I've got a Dillon RL550B set up for 45acp, 9mm and 38 spl. that I'd like to sell...
Why not roll your own??

It's really no big deal Bob.... I just decided to keep things from getting out of hand out here again... not fair to Lamont for us to have stupid debates out here on non-spyder related things.

It's apparent many just see things in black and white.... when the world is really gray.......

bruiser
07-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Forrest did it :roflblack:

spyder3
07-23-2012, 08:13 PM
For your information the system wouldn't let me delete those posts for whatever reason...so I had no choice but to just replace the text with something. But I'll go try and remove them again just to make you happy.

BTW....I could care less about the last word.. or what you think about me.... but at least I didn't resort to personal attacks.

My relationship status is frankly none of your business.

I didn't attack you or your status in any way whatsoever mr sensitive. Not even a little.

:roflblack: = laughing, as in a joke.

dave01
07-23-2012, 08:37 PM
The interpretation given to Second Amendment was that it is okay to arm bears but I never thought someone would make it mandatory.

Gotta keep the bears safe.

Bob Denman
07-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Hey Fly,
Since you're back in this beehive again...
Can we at least agree that the Second Amendment is a right that is guaranteed; but it carries with it a tremendous responbility? :dontknow: :thumbup:

Firefly
07-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Hey Fly,
Can we at least agree that the Second Amendment is a right that is guaranteed; but it carries with it a tremendous responbility? :dontknow: :thumbup:

Agreed. Of course it's a guaranteed right- always has been-always will be-as it should be.

Not playing with beehives

Bob Denman
07-24-2012, 07:36 AM
There! Common ground! :ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes: :2thumbs:
When a pot-smoking, law-breaking, liberal-loving idiot like you can agree with a gun-toting, welfare-hating, ultra-conservative myopic idiot like me; who knows what's next??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80nW6AOhTs

dave01
07-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Hey Fly,

Hey Bob, I will agree with you. It carries a whole lot of responsibility. I have friends that do not carry and some that are anti-gun all together. I respect thier choice and tell them I will meet them when we go out to dinner as to not offend them while riding in a vehicle. Here in Fl, I am seeing more places that recognize CCP's and allow legally licensed people to carry in thier place of business.
Carry all day, BUT, if you are forced to draw a weapon in self defense and no other options are available, be prepared to justify your position. Cell phone recordings are permissible as evidence by the way.

dave01
07-24-2012, 07:40 AM
When a pot-smoking, law-breaking, liberal-loving idiot like you can agree with a gun-toting, welfare-hating, ultra-conservative myopic idiot like me; who knows what's next??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :joke:

Thats just great. 4 months and 28 days left till the world ends and you 2 finally agree on something. :bowdown:
:bowdown::bowdown:

Bob Denman
07-24-2012, 07:43 AM
Better late than never; right? ;)
I hope that he gets it... :shocked: No need in starting another running battle right away!

Firefly
07-24-2012, 08:53 AM

Hey now... I don't smoke......

Vaporizing is much better... ;):roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-24-2012, 08:59 AM
THAT'S my boy! :2thumbs: :roflblack:
Uh-oh... :crackpipe:

zrc
07-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Awesome!!! By the way, while I talk a horrid offense when it comes to guns and I am in the NRA. I also teach hunter safety, and I go to camps for boyscouts and kids in schools to talk about education of the seriousness of guns, gun violence, and the respect all firearms should have.

I would never take a life if I could avoid it for sure, but if I or my beloved family or friends were threatened in a fashion that no other option was available that is when you go to ground and do what you have too.

Unfortunately, I see having and carrying a firearm like having insurance. I might not like it, but if I have it, chances are I will never have to use it.

I shot my first rifle at 5, and have been using / understanding / respecting firearms ever since. The only current live targets I have for practice are cranes that eat my koi. I guess that means I am technically shooting thieves, so sorry about that.

zrc
07-24-2012, 11:03 AM

I agree very interesting stuff, I just fall into a category where my life of working and being taxed is such that I have been paying more annually every year, assuming a fairly constant wage and a number of years I can agree with your statement, it just so happens I am in a short range of years and a steadily increasing pay. So I "lucked" out into paying more taxes annually from increasing earnings annually. So I better understand and respect your view point, its just abnormal for me, and evidently I am abnormal via the brackets and taxation. Gotta win the "lottery" somewhere and I am winning it in taxation ;)

I have a huge heart and enjoy community service, I am not against helping the less fortunate, I am just disappointed in my governments ability to help and the ability to abuse the system. HOWEVER, I cannot complain to much. Because when and where I can (TICKETS) I abuse that same system. So therefore, I am as to blame as some of the people I have disdain for.

All in all, its about having the fortitude to "man up" and "own up" to the fact that you hate that people abuse a system, however, when honest, we all choose to abuse some other system that we then defend. So I will agree to disagree when the truth be told if we talked about it rationally we are all three (fly, bob and I) more close to the same views than we appear on a board.

Bob Denman
10-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Now that things have quieted down a bit... It's time to see what'll happen next! :yikes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nurM0mY9N10

btcherm
10-19-2012, 05:46 PM
I carry all the time , if you have a concealed weapon permit,you should carry,State trooper I have coffee with said that what he hate
people that can carry don't,:banghead::spyder2:

plescaille
10-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I carry all the time , if you have a concealed weapon permit,you should carry,State trooper I have coffee with said that what he hate
people that can carry don't,:banghead::spyder2:

:agree: But I know plenty of folks that can and don't.

retired1
10-20-2012, 07:29 AM
There is supposed to be a referendum on the ballot this election to let us vote on a "concealed carry" law. It will be interesting to see the results.

FrankPa
10-22-2012, 06:18 PM
I have a carry permit back from my jeweler days, and I darn sure keep it current.

I have a protection piece in the house and...

This weekend bought a Ruger 10/22 Takedown. The takedown and carry bag feature is VERY cool. You can go out to the range and shoot all day long for $10 worth of ammo. And who knows at what point we will need to go out and shoot local critters for food!

safecracker
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
In the state of Maine, you can openly carry. You cannot carry a loaded weapon in motorized vehicle unless you have ccp.. If your firearm is under a jacket etc., you better have CCP. If you decide to open carry you are limited on were you can carry. No federal buildings,schools, some stores.

MidLifeCrisis
10-22-2012, 10:21 PM
This weekend bought a Ruger 10/22 Takedown. The takedown and carry bag feature is VERY cool. You can go out to the range and shoot all day long for $10 worth of ammo. And who knows at what point we will need to go out and shoot local critters for food!

Those things are so sweet. Just shot one this weekend. you can plink all day and it's accurate too. :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

GeoffCee
10-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Insane? perhaps, maybe he was just angry his cow died on farmville, how will we ever know. Because someone this "damaged" or "sane" will give answers us regulars will never understand. I would like to believe that somehow in this world something beside fear of repercussions would stop people, but I have come to believe that these people do these things because they are not afraid of someone stopping them before they do whatever it is they are looking to do.

On Monday of this week in Cardiff, Wales, a man driving a tradesman's vehicle used it to randomly mow down women and children, killing one mother and hospitalizing 8 other people, including 4 children in his hit and run rampage. In the UK using a vehicle as a weapon is rare and it will not lead to a campaign to ban tradesman's vehicles.

According to reports the law will charge him with dangerous driving, one count of murder and the attempted murder of thirteen others.

His lawyer has said his client's mental health "is a cause for concern".

The mob outside the courthouse would have resorted to summary justice had they been able to get their hands on him. His mental health would unlikely to have been a "cause for concern". They would have been motivated by his deed, not the reasons why he carried it out. nojoke

Bob Denman
10-23-2012, 07:27 AM
So I would venture a guess that if firearms just aren't available; folks that are really determined to do something reprehensible will just use whatever is handy... :gaah:

GeoffCee
10-23-2012, 08:30 AM
So I would venture a guess that if firearms just aren't available; folks that are really determined to do something reprehensible will just use whatever is handy... :gaah:

You've encapsulated my feelings exactly. ;)

Bob Denman
10-23-2012, 08:50 AM
:thumbup: And since boorish behavior is already outlawed; why do they keep trying to make it LESS legal with more ineffective legislation? :dontknow:

MidLifeCrisis
10-25-2012, 09:26 AM
:thumbup: And since boorish behavior is already outlawed; why do they keep trying to make it LESS legal with more ineffective legislation? :dontknow:

Gun legislation has been effective in reducing crime everywhere. Violent crimes in UK and Australia have been reduced to nill. Chicago and New York have been pillars of safety with their bans as well, since citizens have been forbidden access to those nasty things . Now every criminal can clock in every night without the risk of injury. Shouting obscenities is much more frightening to them.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Bob Denman
10-25-2012, 09:41 AM
:shocked::hun: :roflblack:

MidLifeCrisis
10-25-2012, 10:14 AM
:shocked::hun: :roflblack:

Oh yeah! And your previous NRA avatar made me feel much more amung friends:D:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
:thumbup: