PDA

View Full Version : Tell a friend about SpyderLovers.com

Lamonster
08-09-2007, 05:59 AM
People ask me all the time how I get sites started and get people to join the site. Really all it takes is a passion for what you are talking about and folks will find you. I think the Spyder is going to be the next hot ride and I fully expect this site to be huge a year from now. I'm guessing 8 to 10,000 members. I know a lot of the ladys are looking at this ride and I think that they are going to make up a large part of this site. I think that's cool. :doorag: This just may be the thing that gets your SO in the wind. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

So if you know someone who has been talking about this ride be sure to point them to www.SpyderLovers.com and have them signup as a user. If they do it now they can brag about their user number later. :D

I'm PMing and emailing folks on my boards now that look like they might like to chat about them. Tell your friends about the site and watch it grow. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

REELAY
08-09-2007, 11:34 PM
:doorag: If/When Joy is Better.... :agree: Looks like the Perfect Saddle, to get her back in the WIND :bigthumbsup:

8) Site Bro...............

Lamonster
08-10-2007, 06:09 AM
That would be cool. :doorag: Wouldn't it be great to get the wifes on these things so they could get all the attention we've been getting on our bikes all these years :doorag: I really hope my wife gets into the Spyder, I think it would help are relationship in that we would be doing something I love together, and that's being in the wind. Even if it's just short rides it will be cool. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

Marker
06-20-2011, 04:30 PM
That would be cool. :doorag: Wouldn't it be great to get the wifes on these things so they could get all the attention we've been getting on our bikes all these years :doorag: I really hope my wife gets into the Spyder, I think it would help are relationship in that we would be doing something I love together, and that's being in the wind. Even if it's just short rides it will be cool. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

I always refer people to :f_spider: lovers.com when they ask me about our:f_spider:
This is the best :f_spider: site to go to for information and to make new friends:clap: Thanks Lamont for all of your hard work

I got my wife into snowmobiling after a while . After riding as a passenger for a few trips , she got her own snowmobile and learned to drive and she enjoyed it very much . Now with the spyder RT at first not interested then she came with me to look ,then we went from RSS to getting an RTS:shemademe_smilie: and she really likes riding on the RT , she is very comfortable and she also has very good riding gear that she is comfortable while wearing it. So now she is talking a bit about the future of wanting to drive too but one obstacle for her is she does not want to take the M2 course riding a motorcycle and no Trike course offered yet. I like it when we are riding together , mostly just short rides but this weekend we are riding to Huntsville for the Ontario Spyder Rally so this will be her first real long ride. :thumbup:

GeoffCee
06-20-2011, 06:15 PM
So if you know someone who has been talking about this ride be sure to point them to www.SpyderLovers.com (http://www.SpyderLovers.com) and have them signup as a user. If they do it now they can brag about their user number later. :D

The Spyders are still as rare as hens teeth here in the UK and when we get seen up close by folks their first reaction is to smile. It seems there is something very likable and cuddly about our RT. We get accosted by people all the time who want to know what this beautiful and unusual thing is we're riding so I tell them to take a look at SpyderLovers.com because that is where the largest community of Spyder enthusiasts hang out. :2thumbs:

CyncySpyder
06-21-2011, 07:46 AM
:agree: & I tell everyone that this is the :firstplace:BEST SITE ON THE WEB ABOUT ANYTHING & EVERYTHING SPYDER RELATED:yes:

I really do need to get some cards to give out:2thumbs: TEDDY & I LOVE THIS SITE :clap:

mooneych
06-21-2011, 08:28 AM
People ask me all the time how I get sites started and get people to join the site. Really all it takes is a passion for what you are talking about and folks will find you. I think the Spyder is going to be the next hot ride and I fully expect this site to be huge a year from now. I'm guessing 8 to 10,000 members. I know a lot of the ladys are looking at this ride and I think that they are going to make up a large part of this site. I think that's cool. :doorag: This just may be the thing that gets your SO in the wind. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

So if you know someone who has been talking about this ride be sure to point them to www.SpyderLovers.com (http://www.SpyderLovers.com) and have them signup as a user. If they do it now they can brag about their user number later. :D

I'm PMing and emailing folks on my boards now that look like they might like to chat about them. Tell your friends about the site and watch it grow. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Lamont,

It helps (just a little) having you there to lead the charge.

Thanks for all that you do!

Chris.

retiredsquid
06-21-2011, 09:53 AM
I mention this site every time anyone asks questions about the Spyder, which is very often.

granpa in Cincy
06-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I know of three new members that I chatted with at the meeting who knew nothing of the site til I told them.

retread
06-21-2011, 01:53 PM
When someone asks me about my Spyder, I tell them about Spyderlovers. I tell them there's more information and good folks to help here than I can give them.

john

MouthPiece
06-21-2011, 02:08 PM
I mention spyderlovers.com to any and every person I see when talking to them about THE spyder. Hell I even tell my "tech" what is being discussed on this forum. You might say I'm a walking advertisement for this forum, BRP and my dealer, Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Flarda.

Lamonster
06-21-2011, 02:32 PM
:oldpost: but still a good one :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
I heard this Saturday at the dinner as I walking past a table a guy said to his wife "they said it is called Spyderlovers.com can you remember that"

Phil
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
You're right, it is a current topic with the BRP CEO saying that Spyder was their fastest growing brand.

Lamont gave me a handful of SpyderLovers.com 'friendship cards' in MV. I passed out several in MV. And.... I just got off the phone with my local Spyder/BRP dealer.... I'm going by Office Depot to get a holder, and then taking a pack of them to the dealer! He's excited to have them. I encourage others to contact Lamonster and get cards from him and help spread the word. Be Spyder Evangelists!

Regarding the bit about wives... We are 'empty nesters' now. As I look back, I've never really had a hobby besides my kids, wife, choir and growing our business. Nothing that my bride and I have both had a passion for together (other than family of course). BUT.... she is EXCITED about the Spyder! Many of you met her in MV. She is now itching to get her own Red RT. It HAS brought us closer together. BTW- she is a marriage and family counselor. She recommends common hobbies as a marriage building technique.

SpyderAnn01
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
You're right, it is a current topic with the BRP CEO saying that Spyder was their fastest growing brand.

Lamont gave me a handful of SpyderLovers.com 'friendship cards' in MV. I passed out several in MV. And.... I just got off the phone with my local Spyder/BRP dealer.... I'm going by Office Depot to get a holder, and then taking a pack of them to the dealer! He's excited to have them. I encourage others to contact Lamonster and get cards from him and help spread the word. Be Spyder Evangelists!

Regarding the bit about wives... We are 'empty nesters' now. As I look back, I've never really had a hobby besides my kids, wife, choir and growing our business. Nothing that my bride and I have both had a passion for together (other than family of course). BUT.... she is EXCITED about the Spyder! Many of you met her in MV. She is now itching to get her own Red RT. It HAS brought us closer together. BTW- she is a marriage and family counselor. She recommends common hobbies as a marriage building technique.

Your wife sounds like a very smart woman. I even like her choice of colors.

GeoffCee
06-22-2011, 05:06 AM
Lamont,

It helps (just a little) having you there to lead the charge.

Thanks for all that you do!

Chris.

Darn right, credit where it's due. I haven't yet worked out how Lamont can have any time left over for a life when he's through with running and promoting all of our interests on SpyderLovers.com. We owe him a lot. :firstplace:

MarkLawson
06-22-2011, 06:21 AM

So, how does one learn what their 'users number' is?

bullant12
06-22-2011, 07:00 AM
I mention this site every time anyone asks questions about the Spyder, which is very often.

:agree:

Hey Lamont... I forgot to ask you in MV, and I know I asked you in Cuba... but did you make and are selling the "spyderlovers.com" decals? Could use some for Gray :spyder2: and the trailer!!:2thumbs:

Lamonster
06-22-2011, 07:02 AM
:agree:

Hey Lamont... I forgot to ask you in MV, and I know I asked you in Cuba... but did you make and are selling the "spyderlovers.com" decals? Could use some for Gray :spyder2: and the trailer!!:2thumbs:
I talked with CAT about it and he didn't get back to me. I talked with Pete at www.PowerSportsWraps.com and he's game. I would just contact him and let him know what you want.

Lamonster
06-22-2011, 07:04 AM
So, how does one learn what their 'users number' is?
You are 3701
Look at your profile page. Now that can change if I delete a member with a lower number. It's not a very good way of doing it as all it shows is when you joined. There have been many spammers that got deleted that sucked up some numbers.

bullant12
06-22-2011, 07:11 AM
I talked with CAT about it and he didn't get back to me. I talked with Pete at www.PowerSportsWraps.com (http://www.PowerSportsWraps.com) and he's game. I would just contact him and let him know what you want.

Thanks!!:thumbup:

Peoriafirefighter
06-22-2011, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=Lamonster;25786]That would be cool. :doorag: Wouldn't it be great to get the wifes on these things so they could get all the attention we've been getting on our bikes all these years :doorag: I really hope my wife gets into the Spyder, I think it would help are relationship in that we would be doing something I love together, and that's being in the wind. Even if it's just short rides it will be cool. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

My wife had never rode a motorcyle in her life. When the Spyder came out she said I think I could ride that ( like every women that sees the Spyder says) I had a chopper at the time. So I bought one off EBay and flew down to Miami and drove it back to Illinois in 2 days. By the time I got back to Illinois I liked it so much I got back on EBay and bought a second one from a guy in Wisconsin. We ride together all the time and really enjoy it. She stays right up with me.

I tell everyone about Spyderlovers how great it is for information for all your mods. They see our mods and ask where we got them. I tell them they are a sponsor on Spyderlovers. Great spot to go for instructions on 'how to' do many things. And I have told them Lamont will always give good technical advice.

3 cheers for Spyderlovers!!!!:congrats:

Dochands
06-22-2011, 10:02 AM
How about making up some license plate frames we could buy?

Just a thought.