PDA

View Full Version : Let's ride!

5PYD3R
07-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Hello Michiganders! I have been thinking about trying to plan a ride yet this year with some other Spyders. I have no idea where to go, meet or anything like that but I was thinking maybe Sunday August 19th? I ride primarily with my friends that all have rockets and would really like to meet some other members on here and go for a nice ride with some other Spyders. So...wondering how many would be game for doing this and maybe getting some suggestions on where to go and meet up?

Littlebadwolf
07-23-2012, 05:04 AM
Always ready to ride...don't even need an excuse...The only ride in Michigan that I'm aware of is the one that Bob & Joan is once again setting up for the Tunnel of Trees in Petosky..Bob will post details at some point in time...This is a terrific ride...an over nighter. As for an August ride...set one up...I'll be there..Cindi will also if she doesn't have to work at the hospital...

dancogan
07-23-2012, 08:20 AM
That date is real close to the date our third grandchild is due, but if free I would love to join in. Just have to see what the problem is with my rear shock, which seemed to be totally absent during our ride Saturday!

Devl
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Well...all you can do is throw it out there with dates and places and see who responds. I have found over the years that folks don't commit until just before the ride, you know family stuff, the weather, all that stuff into consideration. We'll definitely try to make it, would love to meet some other :f_spider: folks :thumbup:

5PYD3R
07-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Sounds good. Does anyone have ideas then on where to meet and ride to? I did a ride last year going around the thumb and wanted to ride it again if anyone is down for that?

SpyderSteve
07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I will be staying in Lansing from july 27th to 30th, Anyone want to ride to hell or Frankenmuth on the 28th or 29th? :dontknow:

mxz600
07-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I will be staying in Lansing from july 27th to 30th, Anyone want to ride to hell or Frankenmuth on the 28th or 29th? :dontknow:

Steve, I might be interested in the 28th. I might have to work but I will know by Thursday. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what's happening. It's been a couple of years since I've see you so it's about time don't you think?

If you came west it would help me out as those two locations are a bit of a haul for a one day ride, but it's definitely doable.

I'm sure people from that side of the state would be interested. I know Larry (Littlebadwolf) is always looking for an excuse to ride.

One more thing Steve, leave the Packer hat at home.:joke:

SpyderSteve
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Steve, I might be interested in the 28th. I might have to work but I will know by Thursday. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what's happening. It's been a couple of years since I've see you so it's about time don't you think?

If you came west it would help me out as those two locations are a bit of a haul for a one day ride, but it's definitely doable.

I'm sure people from that side of the state would be interested. I know Larry (Littlebadwolf) is always looking for an excuse to ride.

One more thing Steve, leave the Packer hat at home.:joke: For sure it's time to meet again :thumbup: I am staying at SomeGuys place so i am trying to give him a kick in the :cus: to get him moving on this [ ok no hat but maybe a t shirt] :roflblack:

rhansen309
07-24-2012, 09:42 PM
THe 17th is good for me, unfortunately my wife will not be there. The 27th and 28th would be better. Hell and Frankenmuth would be ok with us then. We will keep looking. Thanks.

hansensmomx2
07-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Will you be at the Wall this week in Kentwood? We will be there Thursday and Saturday.

Always ready to ride...don't even need an excuse...The only ride in Michigan that I'm aware of is the one that Bob & Joan is once again setting up for the Tunnel of Trees in Petosky..Bob will post details at some point in time...This is a terrific ride...an over nighter. As for an August ride...set one up...I'll be there..Cindi will also if she doesn't have to work at the hospital...

Rachel
07-25-2012, 12:26 AM
I can't do the 19th I have an expo I'm putting on at work the day before and I'll need at least a day to recover. The other dates would be better for me. Frankenmuth is only an hour down 75 for me and I've never been to hell. Other bikes are welcome right or do I tell the bf to get on the back of the Spyder and leave the harley at home?
I hope a ride comes together would love to ride with some Spyders. I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what shapes up.

Littlebadwolf
07-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Will you be at the Wall this week in Kentwood? We will be there Thursday and Saturday.

We're either going to the Wall with our chapter of the American Legion Riders or doing a mission with the PGR...I think it's up around Clare somewhere...still waiting for details.

hansensmomx2
07-25-2012, 09:25 AM
WE are driving on Thursday ( RAIN) but riding on Saturday. Hope to see you there ;)
We're either going to the Wall with our chapter of the American Legion Riders or doing a mission with the PGR...I think it's up around Clare somewhere...still waiting for details.

5PYD3R
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
I can't do the 19th I have an expo I'm putting on at work the day before and I'll need at least a day to recover. The other dates would be better for me. Frankenmuth is only an hour down 75 for me and I've never been to hell. Other bikes are welcome right or do I tell the bf to get on the back of the Spyder and leave the harley at home?
I hope a ride comes together would love to ride with some Spyders. I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what shapes up.

I would say all bikes are welcome. Although it would be funny to see your bf on the back of your spyder! Frankenmuth is a 20min ride for me and I rode to Hell not to long ago (not that I couldnt do it again). Thinking I will probably take a ride around the thumb if anyone wants to join. Does not have to be the 19th

Some Guy
07-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I am staying at SomeGuys place so i am trying to give him a kick in the :cus: to get him moving on this

Huh? What? This is the first I've heard of this! :roflblack: :joke:

Frankenmuth, Hell or even Joe's Gizzard City. So many options...

My vote is Hell. It's about the only good twisty ride in this part of the state.

SpyderSteve
07-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Huh? What? This is the first I've heard of this! :roflblack: :joke:

Frankenmuth, Hell or even Joe's Gizzard City. So many options...

My vote is Hell. It's about the only good twisty ride in this part of the state.
:yes:

Littlebadwolf
08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Hello Michiganders! I have been thinking about trying to plan a ride yet this year with some other Spyders. I have no idea where to go, meet or anything like that but I was thinking maybe Sunday August 19th? I ride primarily with my friends that all have rockets and would really like to meet some other members on here and go for a nice ride with some other Spyders. So...wondering how many would be game for doing this and maybe getting some suggestions on where to go and meet up?

Steve...Ride on for tomorrow...Randy set up a ride to go to Bonehead's BBQ in Willis..We gonna see you there?

5PYD3R
08-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Steve...Ride on for tomorrow...Randy set up a ride to go to Bonehead's BBQ in Willis..We gonna see you there?

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it. Got a big remodeling project going on right now at my house and gotta be responsible...damn! LOL