PDA

View Full Version : Parking in public...

MindlessMuse
07-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I went down to Philadelphia Art Museum today and parked right across the street in the main lot. When I pulled in the attendant had me park by his booth to keep eye on it for me.

5 hours later when I got back he told me there had to be over 100 pictures taken and even people arguing with him when he asked them not to sit on it.

The pictures I can understand, but sitting? And then arguing over right to sit on someone else's ride???

The extra tip I gave him was well worth it, although my high beams were switched on when I started it up. I could not see any other disturbances.

Do most people on here just keep there travel cover on? Which then brings me to ask how long should I let it cool off before putting it on.

Thanks!

Kevyn

2012 RS - White
Helibar Risers | SFB Black Anodized Front Floorboard Set |
Can Am Spyder Billet Brake Lever Cover Kit | R-35 Saddlebag Panel Kit |
R-35 Rigid Saddlebag Kit | Sport / Touring Windshield |
GIVI trunk light kit | Spyder triple-play | Led front mud flap kit
Brightside amber led kit | Day runner pucks | Spyderpops Heat Shield |
Spyderpops Missing Air Dam | Calsci Windshield XL

msj4848
07-22-2012, 05:43 PM
I use a nelson-rigg half cover while I'm at work, it works great for keeping people off.

JCSMOKE
07-22-2012, 05:45 PM
The cover can go on right away, I have never had an issue with people getting on my bike, well not that I know of.

exwinger
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I have parked my bike a few times and came out and found people with their kids on them taking pictures. You want your kids pic on my spyder , ask me and I'll more than likely say yes. I've really enjoyed the looks on some of the little critters faces...it made their day .Put your kid on my ride without asking and let me catch you , you'll get told about it and usually in a nice way but if you start to give me static then you'll get an earful. One guy told me I was a total jerk for getting upset over a motorcycle. I asked him if he bought , did he pay for the insurance.....If not then get your kid off MY ride. Most people aren't that rude and crude to do something like that but there are a few . I've had to polish off scuff marks on the sides and that totally upsets me . Those are the people I want to catch but never seem to.

BaldEagle
07-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I use the travel cover all of the time if I'm going to be more than a few minutes. Slips on pretty quick and if your riding two up, keeps the helmet out of view.

MindlessMuse
07-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for responses. I put it on every night in apt complex when I am done for the day, I guess I will just make sure I put it on if I am parked for extended time from now on.

2012 RS - White

arntufun
07-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Holly caught this little guy sitting on my ride and snapped a picture of him doing it at a dealer during Americade. From what she told me the father was allowing this kid to sit on alot of bikes. I'm not sure if FastFrasers white flame RT was a victim or not ???? I only wish I saw it...............:doorag:

Flight Risk
07-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Wonder what these same people would think if we got in their vehicles while they were gone?

Pennyrick
07-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Here's one solution.

vampyregirl
07-22-2012, 07:02 PM
If I ever catch someone on mine, it's going to be ugly. First, I'm going to ask them for the keys to their car so I can go sit in it. When they say no, that's when the verbal can o' whoop-arse is going to open!!

I think that is incredibly rude!! I wouldn't go up to someone's Harley, Gold Wing, etc and hop on it!! Nor would I sit on the bumper of their veh, open the door and hop in, etc!! Now, standing next to it and taking a look.... that's different! Flipping switches and such???!!! Wow!!! I'm just blown away by this!!

Guess I was raised different. Keep you hands off of other people's stuff!!

summerdawn
07-22-2012, 07:23 PM
I traded a Harley for the Spyder. People went out of their way to be respectful of the motorcycle. Noone ever tried to sit on it or even touched it. No one ever touched my helmet left on the seat. I wonder why people think they can sit on Spyders? I haven't had this problem and hope I don't. I don't mind kids taking pictures with the bike but standing beside it not sitting on it. I have had several adults ask to sit on the bike. I said yes and showed them how to mount it. Guys try to swing their legs over from the ground (and fail). No one should be disrespectful of personal property.

retread
07-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Wonder what these same people would think if we got in their vehicles while they were gone?

I found (caught) a guy sitting on mine a couple of years ago, found out where his car was, sat in it and listened to him scream. When he settled down, I aked him what the difference was. He couldn't answer.

john

SpydeRider2010
07-22-2012, 07:45 PM
I have had the Spyder out many times, and had people ask
about it, sitting on it or having their picture taken on it. I
frequently invite little children to throw a leg over and see
a smile on thier face. it also make sthem want one... ;)

now... when it comes to adults, there is a VERY different
response. in the motorcycle world.. there is a protocol
that preveils. it is a bit crude... but it fits the situation

"You no more climb on someone's bike without their
permisson... than you climb on someone's spouse without
their permisson."

and several years ago, I snatched someone off my bike and
instilled some manners in him. it wasn't a pleasant
picture...

Ron2andia
07-22-2012, 07:49 PM
It's rude and not right! No one should be disrectpected!:mad:

DocRags
07-22-2012, 07:58 PM
If kids are looking at our :spyder2: when we are stopped somewhere, we'll usually ask if they'd like to sit on it. We had 2 young boys on our Spyder when we were at Spyderfest this year...their grandmother was sending the picture to their parents, saying "your mom will probably be back to pick you up when she sees this picture!" We've had a number of adults asking questions about our :spyder2:, as well...and we'll often ask if they'd like to sit on it. We've had lots of pictures taken of people on our :spyder2: that we didn't know, but they've asked permission first. (We're trying to be good ambassadors for Can-Am). We usually have a sun shade over our seats when we leave our :spyder2: for any length of time, though, so it wouldn't be easy to sit on it without our knowledge...definitely would NOT want to think folks are sitting on it without our knowledge. Perhaps folks aren't so likely to have had problems on their 2 wheel bikes since people would be more nervous about falling off and having it land on them.

bruisersbaby
07-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Here's one solution.

Yup, got one of those signs, too! Bruiser and I are the same way - just ask, and we'll be more than happy to let you or your child sit on it. We've had a lot of pictures taken, and some have sat on them. Don't do it without asking, though! :gaah:

AnthonyG
07-22-2012, 08:16 PM
I pulled up to Walmart the other day and i was talking to a guy that was on a Victory! We were having a great conversation when this lady came up and just jumped between him and me and started asking 100 questions about the spyder and just jumped on it like it was her boyfriend. I just about came unglued. Not to mention she just about kicked my brand new helmet off the back of the seat. Needless to say i asked her to get off and told her how rude that was. You should have seen the look on the other guys face. I thought he was going to smack the lady for me! That being said she left and we finished our conversation.

ARtraveler
07-22-2012, 08:24 PM
I have not had anyone (that I know of) sit on the Spyders without permission. For someone just to jump on without permission--is rude to the nth degree. I agree with those who would love go go sit in their car just for the halibut.

FutureRyder
07-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Someone should make Spyder seat protectors like these:

http://www.mab-design.co.uk/images/nail-chair.jpg

:yikes:

and put a warning sign up:

"Sitting on my Spyder without permission can result in several rear damage. Sit at your own risk."

Huntindawg1962
07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
make sure you return my office chair when you are done photographing it ;)

5PYD3R
07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Shortly after I purchased my spyder the gf and I took it to the store only to come out and have a nice scratch right in front of the seat on the plastic y-piece! I cant believe that someone would just feel its ok to mess with other peoples stuff! I cant wait for the time I catch someone sitting on it. I agree with what others are saying, if someone asks me I will probably say yes but dont just assume you can without asking. I guess I was raised differently too.

smurfette
07-22-2012, 09:05 PM
I take Smurfette to work whenever I can, and where I work, there are a lot of commuters and tourists. I am quite used to having pictures taken, and of course, many questions! One morning, I had just parked, and a lady with a toddler asked if she could take a picture of her child on the bike! I had to say no, because I was worried about the engine heat, and the hot seat due to the temps being about 95 that day. She actually got upset with me, and I was concerned for the child's safety! Not to mention the fact that I would most likely be held liable if the child had burned his legs (he had a onsie type outfit on). At least she had the decency and respect to ask first.
As a result, I use a half cover to discourage people sitting on my ryde. They can still see her, and are more that welcome to ask questions and take pictures. I would defitely be upset if I saw someone sitting on my ryde without asking first! :cus:

OneBadPenny
07-22-2012, 09:10 PM
We were out on a group ride with 5 Spyders and decided to stop at Starbucks for a nice cold coffee. We were sitting at the window so we could keep an eye on the bikes when a family came out of the pizza place next door and stop to look at the bikes. Dad was admiring the bikes while his kid was kicking my exhaust pipe. I got up to rip some ass when they walked off and my friends were saying there is no way "dad" would let his kid kick a bike. I was PISSED! I was ready to go out and have some serious words with that "family". I calmed down after friends said no way and finished my coffee while still stewing. When we went out to head home I looked at the exhaust pipe and sure enough the little B@&$@&D had kicked and scratched the exhaust tip. Do parents nowadays have no respect for anything anymore and do not teach their children anything????

WackyDan
07-22-2012, 09:44 PM
I haven't caught them... but have had the evidence of fresh scuff marks on the seat. I have a sun shade I use now and then, but mostly subscribe to the thought that they best hope I do not catch them.

jvicker
07-22-2012, 10:13 PM
This guy has a pretty neat solution.:thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?29107-He-likes-blue

Some Guy
07-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I've caught people sitting on my Spyder when it was parked. I always say "you know, many bikers will f* you up for even touching their bike without asking!" That usually scares the :cus: out of them.

The looks on their faces are priceless while they're wondering if the tie-dye-guy is going to do it! :roflblack:

That said, when people ASK me if they can sit on my Spyder, I always let them do it and I am happy to answer all questions.

It's a matter of respecting other people's property.

flaggerphil
07-22-2012, 10:25 PM
To the best of my knowledge no one has sat on my Spyder while it was parked, though I constantly have people coming up to me and asking me questions; it happened three times today while I was riding with my sister on the back. I have had people ask if they could sit on it twice...both times it was regular riders who were admiring it and their bikes were near mine. In both cases I said yes since they asked before even touching it.

I've had pictures taken many, many, many times...once today a teen on a field trip with a large group took a pic of me while I was parking, and quite a few times I've had people in cars take pics of me while I was riding on the freeway. I actually get a kick out of that...

flaggerphil
07-22-2012, 10:26 PM
I've caught people sitting on my Spyder when it was parked. I always say "you know, many bikers will f* you up for even touching their bike without asking!" That usually scares the :cus: out of them.

The looks on their faces are priceless while they're wondering if the tie-dye-guy is going to do it! :roflblack:

That said, when people ASK me if they can sit on my Spyder, I always let them do it and I am happy to answer all questions.

:agree:

d.o.spyder-rts
07-23-2012, 12:06 AM
I was also raised not to touch (without permission) and to respect others property. I'm more than willing to allow someone to sit on my :spyder2: with permission. Dale

Ga Blue Knight
07-23-2012, 01:32 AM
I may be wrong, would not be the first time, but motorcycles are by law considered to be "attractive nusences". What this means is by their unusualness they are attractive to the public and if someone was to fall off your bike in a parking lot or if it fell over scratching a car the owner would be responsible for not "protecting the public" from their inquisitiveness. Sounds really dumb but I am pretty sure this is the way it would fall out. Now consider that I used to be a cop and never dealt with the actual resolution of court actions. The answer though is simple. A travel cover or any type of cover be it a tarp or an expensive fitted arrangement would "protect the public" from your "attractive nusence". Removal of the cover to mess with your bike would then be a situation of trespass if unlocked or breaking and entering if locked. Both potentially serious charges. I don't think the courts would pursue it that way but if major damage was done or an injury incurred the owner of the bike would be off the hook and the perpetrator responsible.

Bob Denman
07-23-2012, 06:31 AM

:agree: X2.. :clap:
:clap::clap:

bullant12
07-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Usually turning the handlebars and locking them is a good "wannabe tester" deterent.:lecturef_smilie: Kind of hard mounting on the :spyder2: with a handlebar grip in the middle of your knee...

bluestratos
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
I installed a Gorilla Alarm on mine, it is amazing how sensitive it is. If any one touchs the bike it gives a warning sound, this keeps lookyloos at bay, lol. I had a lady hit my front tire with her car door and she set the alarm off. I have the remote and I recieved a warning alarm while I was in Safeway so I stepped out to see what was wrong and she was standing next to the bike all upset. I turned the alarm off and she applogised profusely and said she barely touched the rubber.

Huntindawg1962
07-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Bluestratos - where did you mount that - under the seat?

pro10is
07-23-2012, 10:00 AM
People, especially kids, will sit on a parked Spyder because it looks stable, friendly, and inviting, unlike a motorcycle on a kickstand. Often the curiosity of both children and adults overcomes their common sense and they'll be compelled to jump on for a minute just to see what it feels like to be so fortunate to ride one. The vast majority mean no harm and do it out of admiration of the Spyder. Although they momentarily lacked the common sense not to touch someone else's property they truly meant no harm and don't deserve to be yelled at or threatened (or worse) if you catch them. C'mon folks were all Spyder ambassadors.

Because the Spyder looks so inviting all owners should be fully aware that it's human nature for others to be very tempted to sit on it. Don't you remember the first time you saw a Spyder? So if you don't want this to happen you need to take some action to prevent it beforehand. I think the best solution is the inexpensive and very easy to use Nelson-Rigg half cover. In my experience it completely resolves the problem. It takes less than a minute to put on or take off and it stuffs easily in the trunk taking little space. There are other solutions such as alarms or just a sign.

If you find someone sitting on your Spyder you're as much to blame as them because you knew it could happen and you could have easily prevented it. If you then proceed to tear them a new one then you're the one far more out of line. Violence, physical or verbal is never the right solution.

Huntindawg1962
07-23-2012, 10:20 AM
If you find someone sitting on your Spyder you're as much to blame as them because you knew it could happen and you could have easily prevented it.

Although I follow what you are saying, I am not sure that I fully agree with your conclusion. I REALLY like a Dodge Viper that sits nearby with the top off, not sure I feel so compelled to go sit in it? But I don't also buy into all the legal tort BS - "was it reasonable to assume that leaving a case of cold beer outside on a hot day was really an invitation for people to get drunk when they pass by as they were thirsty and now committed a crime or hurt someone being drunk?"

dliszews
07-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Well, for one you were in Philly. Being born and bred there, I can tell you that you
are dealing with collectively most disrespectful people I've encountered in my travels. Not much
you can do save for parking in a secure garage.

Rayelljay
07-23-2012, 10:31 AM
I had a similar occurance a few years back.
I was an avid HO railroader and I had a very large layout in the basement centered around 1930's steam.
Next door neighbor's yungun caught a glimpse of it and asked his dad to ask me if "he could run his trains on it".
I told him it would depend on what he wanted to do...."Oh he loves to crash them."
Dude got real nasty when I advised him that my layout doesn't do that kind of thing....it was a model, not a toy for kids to destroy.
What I'm getting to is the seemingly total disregard for respect for other's property exhibited by our younger generation and by their parents...they seem to have lost the definition of the word "mine."
Of course the offending dad had it come home to him when later grown up son took dad's car for a joyride and totalled it.

Neutron12
07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
I was walking back to my spyder when i saw a child sitting on it while the father took a picture. I told him to get that "Thing" off my bike before i kick it off. You are also going to erase that picture in front of me or i will do it for you. He complied with anger and i said go spend $20,000 grand and then you can take a picture of that thing on your bike so you can post it on Facebook.

He kept saying "Thing"? And i said yes "Thing" Lol!

I now hide my Spyder in the back of buildings or far away from everyone else.

People have no respect so i figure i will give them the same respect back

And yes, I have let people sit on it if asked.

chickridin
07-23-2012, 11:10 AM
I would seriously come unglued if I found someone sitting on Max. :mad:

CyncySpyder
07-23-2012, 11:18 AM
A few months back, I rode Teds Red Sled to my Physical Therapy appointment shortly after having back surgery. I was able to park his Spyder up front where I could see it from the second floor of the PTs building while doing my therapy. After a couple of minutes, along comes a guy with (I'm assuming) his young daughter, guessing 6 or 7 years old. They both stop as soon as they get to Teds Red Sled and I see the guy whip out his camera phone and start snap'n pics, which at first just brought a smile to my face. I didn't think anything negative, til I see the man shiftily look around, then all of a sudden he picks his daughter up and places her on the drivers seat and continues snapping pics.

Worried, I stopped my therapy & told my trainer there was an "emergency" that I needed to attend to & that I would be right back. Mind you now, I had just had back surgery, so I couldn't run, but gingerly made my way out to the Spyder, only to find them gone, but they had left me a present. Apparently, the little girl had a problem getting off the byke and she stood up on the seat, leaving a tiny little shoe print right next to the seam where the crotch part comes together with the rest of the seat, along with this :yikes:50082

KCPete
07-23-2012, 11:36 AM
To help keep kids off when unattended, I invested $50-60 in a Gorilla alarm, and had it set to 'warn' first with a chirp or two. It seems to help a lot to keep folks off. We were at a little sidewalk bench outside a Panera a few weeks ago, and watched as someone was looking pretty closely at ours. They grabbed the grip as it to get a feel for it when the alarm chirped - i thought for a minute he was going to wet his pants when he jumped!:roflblack: No harm, no foul, and he went on his way looking to see if anyone saw him jump!

spyderraven
07-23-2012, 11:40 AM
A few months back, I rode Teds Red Sled to my Physical Therapy appointment shortly after having back surgery. I was able to park his Spyder up front where I could see it from the second floor of the PTs building while doing my therapy. After a couple of minutes, along comes a guy with (I'm assuming) his young daughter, guessing 6 or 7 years old. They both stop as soon as they get to Teds Red Sled and I see the guy whip out his camera phone and start snap'n pics, which at first just brought a smile to my face. I didn't think anything negative, til I see the man shiftily look around, then all of a sudden he picks his daughter up and places her on the drivers seat and continues snapping pics.

Worried, I stopped my therapy & told my trainer there was an "emergency" that I needed to attend to & that I would be right back. Mind you now, I had just had back surgery, so I couldn't run, but gingerly made my way out to the Spyder, only to find them gone, but they had left me a present. Apparently, the little girl had a problem getting off the byke and she stood up on the seat, leaving a tiny little shoe print right next to the seam where the crotch part comes together with the rest of the seat, along with this :yikes:50082

^^^^^ this one hundred times over..... it is not only the lack of respect but the lack of integrity also, Had the guy waited and approached you with an appology and money for the damages it would not change the fact that it happend but maybe he would have learned not to do that and displayed some integrity but instead what we have is a guy teaching his daughter to do what you want when you want regardless of the fact of property and to top it off he teaches her if you do mess something up that is not yours just walk away and if no one sees you your fine.

chickridin
07-23-2012, 11:44 AM

OMG!! What an :cus:I!! would have been running around the parking lot hunting that sucker down!:mad: Then I would hog tie his a$$ to something while waiting for the police to come! People sure do have nerve!!

Bob Denman
07-23-2012, 11:50 AM
You can't solve all of the problems in the World... The best that you can hope for is to not be outside when it starts raining frogs... :shocked:

:hun:(Now what the HELL did he mean by that??)

bikeguy
07-23-2012, 11:52 AM
It's the most natural thing in the world for kids to want to touch something they admire and to sit on it if they can. When my boys were small and we went to bike shows or car shows, the rule was that they kept their hands in their pockets when they were near enough to touch one. Since I was setting the example, that's where I kept my hands, too. But parents who are not bike people or car people don't think about that because they don't have the same respect for vehicles that we do.

I usually invite adults who are interested to sit on my RT if I have time. I will invite any kid to sit on it who wants to as long as they don't have candy or such all over their hands. But I would be upset if I found anyone, kid or adult, sitting on it without permission. It's not so much that I'm afraid of it being damaged (with 27,000 miles it's not pristine any more). It's simply that such behavior is rude and mannerless. As others have said, I wasn't raised that way.

Cotton

jmcbow
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
People, especially kids, will sit on a parked Spyder because it looks stable, friendly, and inviting, unlike a motorcycle on a kickstand. Often the curiosity of both children and adults overcomes their common sense and they'll be compelled to jump on for a minute just to see what it feels like to be so fortunate to ride one. The vast majority mean no harm and do it out of admiration of the Spyder. Although they momentarily lacked the common sense not to touch someone else's property they truly meant no harm and don't deserve to be yelled at or threatened (or worse) if you catch them. C'mon folks were all Spyder ambassadors.

Because the Spyder looks so inviting all owners should be fully aware that it's human nature for others to be very tempted to sit on it. Don't you remember the first time you saw a Spyder? So if you don't want this to happen you need to take some action to prevent it beforehand. I think the best solution is the inexpensive and very easy to use Nelson-Rigg half cover. In my experience it completely resolves the problem. It takes less than a minute to put on or take off and it stuffs easily in the trunk taking little space. There are other solutions such as alarms or just a sign.

If you find someone sitting on your Spyder you're as much to blame as them because you knew it could happen and you could have easily prevented it. If you then proceed to tear them a new one then you're the one far more out of line. Violence, physical or verbal is never the right solution.

Sorry, but that's just justifying bad behavior. There are many things in this world that are coveted by others, being impulsive and rude isn't an excuse for not respecting something that doesn't belong to you. I'm more than down with being an ambassador to someone who is respectful, and have spent time answering questions and even handing out the informational cards from BRP to interested parties. Yes, kids will be kids and do dumb things, but an adult should know better. You can get your point across to someone, child or adult, without being confrontational or vulgar. Usually, the tone of you voice and the look on your face is all it takes.:lecturef_smilie:

d.o.spyder-rts
07-23-2012, 01:30 PM

I agree with most of what you have said except, I'm as much to blame as them. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and the respect for another persons property? I can't control what another individual may or may not do. The only way to prevent someone from sitting on your spyder is either not to have ridden it in the first place (sort of defeats the purpose of riding) or not leave it unattended. A cover will help, but it doesn't stop someone from removing the cover. Dale

bmwlarry
07-23-2012, 01:35 PM
@bluestratos

How much and how difficult is the Gorrilla Alarm? That sounds like something I may want to look into!

Thanks in advance!
Larry

zrc
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM

So if you had a convertable Camaro and came out and someone had crawled over the side and was sitting in it, thats your fault? Odd, I think that its the issue of the people climbing on a bike. That isnt their property, I dont just climb into people's cars with the windows down or convertables with the top down, thinking to myself, "this will learn 'em".

I will respectfully disagree with your view point :)

Huntindawg1962
07-23-2012, 01:38 PM
I am liking the gorilla alarm - especially the one with the pager - unless that pager becomes a "tether!"

Firefly
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
When in NYC last year with my HD buds we stopped at this upscale bar/club that was upstairs. Busy street but we found parking and paid a DJ at the street level bar to keep an eye on the bikes.

Had no problems .... Until we were back down to the bikes getting ready to leave.

Talking with various people on the street, etc.... I turned my back and before I know it some homeless crazy looking big black dude was sitting on my spyder. He was wide-eyed like a kid in a candy store. I didn't make a scene. He kept saying he wanted to take it around the block. Told him that wasn't going to happen.

We go to leave and I ask him to get off and then I start wondering where my little shorty helmet was.

You guessed it--- he was WEARING IT. Arggggggg!

I had no choice (since NY is a helmet state) other than to put it on. Damn head itches just thinking about it!

donec
07-23-2012, 02:18 PM
To help keep kids off when unattended, I invested $50-60 in a Gorilla alarm, and had it set to 'warn' first with a chirp or two.
Where did you mount the alarm?

schnauzermom
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
I saw a man and a hyperactive 3 or 4 yr old in our Harley shop. T he child was running all over the show room floor and climbing on new bikes. The father oblivious. When they went outside, a customer came in and told me the kid was climbing on my RT. I ran out and there were little dirt footprints all over my seat and scuff marks on my glove box!!! I saw them walking in the parking lot and called the father over to my bike. I showed him the scuff marks and advised him this was MY bike and the child should not be allowed to climb on other persons property. He apologized and left. I immediately went inside and made an 8x11 sign reading please do not climb or sit on and laminated it. I carry it with me and pull it out and place it on my seat when I go into work.

Kratos
07-23-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm getting angry just reading through this thread. The nerve of people to disrespect other's property. :mad:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll be more careful in where I park and covering the bike.

harrypottar
07-23-2012, 03:16 PM
I would love to have more info on the alarm, not too worried if its stolen I have insurance for that.

However I would love an alarm to deter the casual on looker while it's unattended.

When I'm with the spyder I have no issues with anyone interested in the Spyder.

I just want to prevent some one from sitting on it or tampering with it, proximity alarm will do.

How complex are they to install?

harry

wyliec
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
I invested $50-60 in a Gorilla alarm, and had it set to 'warn' first with a chirp or two. !

I have the same alarm set to the most sensitive. But, mine takes a little more than a touch to activate it.

Mr. Duece
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Here's one solution.

Now that's cool! :2thumbs:

harrypottar
07-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I have the same alarm set to the most sensitive. But, mine takes a little more than a touch to activate it.
can you post a link, I found two. One for $125 and the other for $230 but neither mention proximity features

tia

harry

wyliec
07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
can you post a link, I found two. One for $125 and the other for $230 but neither mention proximity features

tia

harry

Mine does not have a proximity feature. You have to actually touch the spyder.

pro10is
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM

To all who disagreed with my post above, you're missing the point. You know (or now know) that there is a problem with people who will try to sit on your Spyder when it's unattended for whatever reason, call them stupid, disrespectful, ignorant, or whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that it's going to happen.

If you know this will happen and you do absolutely nothing about it then you're part of the problem especially when there are simple solutions. You can get all worked up about it your righteous indignation and vow to kick their sorry asses when you catch them but this solves nothing, and in fact sets up a hateful confrontation that can lead to violence. Is that any way to resolve problems?

It's your bike and it's your responsibility to protect it. If anyone seriously expects everyone in the world to stay away from it just because they should know better then they're being awfully naive. You can continue to complain, blame others, and act the victim, or you can take responsibility and come up with a plan because unless you have a plan to prevent it, it will just keep on happening. Your plan should be proactive, not reactive. Don't wait until the problem happens, stop it from happening in the first place.

So if the purpose of this thread is to find a solution then look to an alarm, a cover, or suggest something else. If the purpose is just to complain, then flame away. But please stop being so hateful, you're Spyder riders and good people, not Hell's Angels. There's more than enough bad asses ruining the world, we can be better than that.

zrc
07-23-2012, 04:04 PM
To all who disagreed with my post above, you're missing the point. You know (or now know) that there is a problem with people who will try to sit on your Spyder when it's unattended for whatever reason, call them stupid, disrespectful, ignorant, or whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that it's going to happen.

If you know this will happen and you do absolutely nothing about it then you're part of the problem especially when there are simple solutions. You can get all worked up about it your righteous indignation and vow to kick their sorry asses when you catch them but this solves nothing, and in fact sets up a hateful confrontation that can lead to violence. Is that any way to resolve problems?

It's your bike and it's your responsibility to protect it. If anyone seriously expects everyone in the world to stay away from it just because they should know better then they're being awfully naive. You can continue to complain, blame others, and act the victim, or you can take responsibility and come up with a plan because unless you have a plan to prevent it, it will just keep on happening. Your plan should be proactive, not reactive. Don't wait until the problem happens, stop it from happening in the first place.

So if the purpose of this thread is to find a solution then look to an alarm, a cover, or suggest something else. If the purpose is just to complain, then flame away. But please stop being so hateful, you're Spyder riders and good people, not Hell's Angels. There's more than enough bad asses ruining the world, we can be better than that.

I have an alarm and a stick like the one Tonya Harding used on Nancy Kerrigan, and read around on other comments by me, Im about some negative re-enforcement. My girlfriend is like super cute, should I make her wear full body clothing so guys dont hit on her in front of me, cause that happens, and I work hard not to let it end in violence. But your right its my fault, I let her go out in tank tops and shorts. :lecturef_smilie: :wrong:

Firefly
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Pertaining to kids.... I 100% blame the PARENTS.

The Spyder is a magnet.. and a kid might try and climb on it.. because yes it is stable, etc.... but the PARENT needs to control their little freaking monsters better.

zrc
07-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Pertaining to kids.... I 100% blame the PARENTS.

The Spyder is a magnet.. and a kid might try and climb on it.. because yes it is stable, etc.... but the PARENT needs to control their little freaking monsters better.

I agree with Firefly here, someone write this down.

Firefly
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Or one could install land mines around the spyder......(really.. I'm kidding guys.. don't want someone really doing that)

cearley
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Hmmm, I'm, thinking about a remote controlled stun gun being wired into the seat. Imagine the laughs you could have. I remember a few years back Mercedes Benz having a security feature like this as a theft deterrent.

Huntindawg1962
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
If Teddy could show the proper way to ride - this would deter it too

DynamoBT
07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know if the newer Nelson Rigg RS cover with the expanding pocket for the windscreen will fit over the CHAD windshield? And I've even considered the RT half cover for my RS because of the CHAD. What do people think of either of these options??

vampyregirl
07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I think I shall make a sign for the safety card flap: Keep Your Butt Off MY Bike!!

And put the seat cover on it.... ;)

I have answered plenty of questions about my Spyder, but no one has ever asked me if they could sit on it... Except my neighbor. That was fine! He owns a Yamaha....and was taught properly by his parents..... :thumbup:

chickridin
07-23-2012, 04:35 PM

So, you're saying it's ok for them to do this??? I think not! :gaah: Maybe you don't care but I certainly do! I paid good money for my bike and I work hard to make my payments, and until someone else offers to help me with those payments they NOBODY is going to sit on it unless I say so!!
So, with your thinking, I can be sitting here reading on SPYDERLOVERS :) with my front door open and have someone walk into my house uninvited because they saw a picture on my wall that they liked and wanted to get a closer look at it and and that would be my fault???? You don't make any sense. :hun: My fault that I bought a nice, but different, 3 wheeler that people can't keep their hand off huh? :banghead:
You're right, violence doesn't solve anything, but, my loud voice can. :doorag:

I'm not trying to pick a fight at all, but you're way off the plank with this one!! :trike:

Huntindawg1962
07-23-2012, 04:40 PM
So, you're saying it's ok for them to do this??? I think not! :gaah: Maybe you don't care but I certainly do! I paid good money for my bike and I work hard to make my payments, and until someone else offers to help me with those payments they NOBODY is going to sit on it unless I say so!!
So, with your thinking, I can be sitting here reading on SPYDERLOVERS :) with my front door open and have someone walk into my house uninvited because they saw a picture on my wall that they liked and wanted to get a closer look at it and and that would be my fault???? You don't make any sense. :hun: My fault that I bought a nice, but different, 3 wheeler that people can't keep their hand off huh? :banghead:

I'm not trying to pick a fight at all, but you're way off the plank with this one!! :trike:

Chickridin - I get the point Pro10 was making after his second post - not that we should accept or condone it - but knowing it happens (or is increased in its potential ) means we may want to take some prevention action and by not doing so, you may have to deal with more of it. (the reactions part is personalized IMO)

Kratos
07-23-2012, 04:42 PM
I want a voice activation to happen when they get close....."Back away from the Spyder, you have been warned" :clap: And watch there eyes go.....:shocked:

Tazzel
07-23-2012, 04:44 PM
I learned first hand about how protective people are with their Spyders. I had recencly purchased my RS SE5 at the dealer. Was at the dealer a few weeks later with my Spyder and another RS pulled in with a handlebar riser installed. I told him I had just purchased a RS and asked respectfully if I could set on his to get a feel for what the riser felt like. The answer was NO. It took me back a few seconds, a little embarassed but figured, he must have his reasons.

Cruzr Joe
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
ZRC

Could you post photos of her in shorts and a tank top? Just for informational purposes only!!! ( doing a survey )

Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

DR Buck
07-23-2012, 05:36 PM
BRP should include one of these with each new Spyer. It will solve both the "sitting on" and theft problems. :roflblack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqB6uM2hRpo

pro10is
07-23-2012, 05:42 PM

Reductio ad absurdum

Bob Denman
07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
BRP should include one of these with each new Spyer. It will solve both the "sitting on" and theft problems. :roflblack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqB6uM2hRpo
Oh... You mean the FRUNK monkey! :2thumbs:
:roflblack:

vampyregirl
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Oh... You mean the FRUNK monkey! :2thumbs:
:roflblack:

I don't know.....

I'm thinking it would be kinda hard to fold him up that small so I could still put my backpack in there for work.... :roflblack::roflblack:

spyderraven
07-23-2012, 07:32 PM

I get and understand your point.... its a difficult balance because the people who "tread" without regard will never learn if not told and if everyone who has common respect always bends over and is the only side to make adjustments we would spend the rest of our lives having to constantly adjust for those who do not consider anyone but themselves.... vicious cycle really.

I have so far only found one person sitting on my bike when I came out of a walmart and it went like this:
Came out with bags in my hands one kid about 18years dumb and his 3 buddies standing around before I made it to the bike at about 10 yards away I said "you need to get off my bike before I get there" they kinda looked at me shocked and started to walk away mum-baling I got in front of them and stopped them and said "hey wait a minute.. look you just don't jump on someones bike you may think its no big deal but people work hard for there things and as far as I know walking out of the story you may have malicious intent and or damage the bike... now... im out here Ill introduce myself and you introduce yourself and then you can all sit on it take pictures and ask questions and I have no problems with that at all" they stood there kinda stunned then the one sitting apologized and we ended up talking for a good 30 mins about the bike and I left with no damage and maybe they learned and wont do it again.

spyderraven
07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
All this reminds me of a guitarist in a band I used to play with....
He had a sign that he always put next to his guitar anytime he walked away it was pretty big and laminated

If YOU do not own this guitar
YOU do not play this guitar

P.s. YOU do not own this guitar

pro10is
07-23-2012, 09:57 PM
I get and understand your point.... its a difficult balance because the people who "tread" without regard will never learn if not told and if everyone who has common respect always bends over and is the only side to make adjustments we would spend the rest of our lives having to constantly adjust for those who do not consider anyone but themselves.... vicious cycle really.

I have so far only found one person sitting on my bike when I came out of a walmart and it went like this:
Came out with bags in my hands one kid about 18years dumb and his 3 buddies standing around before I made it to the bike at about 10 yards away I said "you need to get off my bike before I get there" they kinda looked at me shocked and started to walk away mum-baling I got in front of them and stopped them and said "hey wait a minute.. look you just don't jump on someones bike you may think its no big deal but people work hard for there things and as far as I know walking out of the story you may have malicious intent and or damage the bike... now... im out here Ill introduce myself and you introduce yourself and then you can all sit on it take pictures and ask questions and I have no problems with that at all" they stood there kinda stunned then the one sitting apologized and we ended up talking for a good 30 mins about the bike and I left with no damage and maybe they learned and wont do it again.

That was inspirational. After all the dark and hateful comments in this thread your post was like a breath of fresh air. There is hope. Thank you.

jmcbow
07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I recently sold a stock seat for a 2008 RS (my original Spdyer). When I got to talking (acutally texting) with the buyer he shared with me that some "knob" decided to sit on his Spyder with his car keys sticking out of his back pocket, and punched 3 holes in his seat. Just one small example of why you don't touch what doesn't belong to you, I'm sure that's not what the guy wanted to do, but if he had just looked and not touched it wouldn't have cost the owner anything.

zrc
07-24-2012, 10:11 AM
That was inspirational. After all the dark and hateful comments in this thread your post was like a breath of fresh air. There is hope. Thank you.

Hey Pro, by the way, I ment no disrespect or meanness, I was just saying that I fundamentally disagree with your mentality. I understand your point, and I know that if I want people to not mess with my bike I need to take preventative measures, however, the issue I am addressing is more a society kind of issue, in that, we should not have to buy extra items and do extra things to make people understand and respect items that are not theirs, honestly my hope is that we (as a larger group of people) could understand that they need to respect others property. I do not think it is too much to ask. I find people amusing that have no respect for others items, makes me wanna watch them go back to their cage and run up and stand on the hood, because in my mind that is about the same thing. But I respect your point, I just disagree that it should be my soul responsibility to take action. I think action should be on all sides of the coin. What one generation tolerates is what the next generation accepts. Perhaps being ugly or violent isnt acceptable, but generations of "letting it go" leads to this in my opinion, so I have a different vantage point.

Neutron12
07-24-2012, 10:17 AM
95% of the population are freaking idiots.

I'm going to try to teach each and everyone of them if i can.

If violence is the only way, so be it.

Most people are in my way in life. If you are not quick enough to get out of my way. That's your problem.

Mess with me or my stuff, i don't care who you are. Your getting a beating.

Stupid people deserve to be treated as they are.

People need to be taught that there are consequences to their actions.

Trust me if i carried a gun, i would use it everyday.

It's population control in my mind.

zrc
07-24-2012, 10:19 AM

Most people are in my way in life. If you are not quick enough to get out of my way. That's your problem.

VIVA NEUVO YORK!

Kratos
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM

After I read where you were from, this post began to make sense. :roflblack:

Motorcycledave
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I have found over the years that people in general are stupid when it comes to sitting on, touching, and in general messing with your stuff. I have had several Show Cars and Show Motorcycles that have been in many shows and magazines and have found that the general public has no concept of what they are doing when they put the kids on your ride.
They almost think it is like the old coin machines in front of the stores some are cars some are bikes or stage coaches
put your kids in it drop in your quarter and watch the little ones enjoy the ride.
When you have an unusual vehicle it is a magnet to those who don't have them or have seen them in magazines.
Put on a nice custom paint job and killer upholstery and it gets worse, I have come out to my show cars and had
girls sitting on the hood while they get their picture taken, not good when the hood is aluminum...
It got so bad I put on one car & bike a device (boy did it work well) that if you touch it you get shocked....
So rejoice we have something different and fun and they don't.... hahahahahahah
Dave

Neutron12
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Yes, i live where most of these idiots are.

pro10is
07-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey Pro, by the way, I ment no disrespect or meanness, I was just saying that I fundamentally disagree with your mentality. I understand your point, and I know that if I want people to not mess with my bike I need to take preventative measures, however, the issue I am addressing is more a society kind of issue, in that, we should not have to buy extra items and do extra things to make people understand and respect items that are not theirs, honestly my hope is that we (as a larger group of people) could understand that they need to respect others property. I do not think it is too much to ask. I find people amusing that have no respect for others items, makes me wanna watch them go back to their cage and run up and stand on the hood, because in my mind that is about the same thing. But I respect your point, I just disagree that it should be my soul responsibility to take action. I think action should be on all sides of the coin. What one generation tolerates is what the next generation accepts. Perhaps being ugly or violent isnt acceptable, but generations of "letting it go" leads to this in my opinion, so I have a different vantage point.

Tito, I get what you're saying too. As much as I advocate responsibility on the part of the owner, I too am disgusted with those who have no respect for other people's property. My point was not to outright condone such behavior but rather to avoid it altogether by taking steps to prevent it before it happens. What I found disturbing was the psychopathic responses to the problem. If people approach the problem with violence as their only answer then sooner or later it's not going to end well.

Neutron12
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I have found over the years that people in general are stupid when it comes to sitting on, touching, and in general messing with your stuff. I have had several Show Cars and Show Motorcycles that have been in many shows and magazines and have found that the general public has no concept of what they are doing when they put the kids on your ride.
They almost think it is like the old coin machines in front of the stores some are cars some are bikes or stage coaches
put your kids in it drop in your quarter and watch the little ones enjoy the ride.
When you have an unusual vehicle it is a magnet to those who don't have them or have seen them in magazines.
Put on a nice custom paint job and killer upholstery and it gets worse, I have come out to my show cars and had
girls sitting on the hood while they get their picture taken, not good when the hood is aluminum...
It got so bad I put on one car & bike a device (boy did it work well) that if you touch it you get shocked....
So rejoice we have something different and fun and they don't.... hahahahahahah
Dave

Totally agree with you there. I had one of my $60,000 custom choppers in a show. The bikes weren't roped off or anything.

When some toothless harley chic swings her leg over it and picks it off the kickstand so her husband can take a picture.

I grabbed the camera out of his hands smashed it to the ground. Asked him how much the camera was. Gave him the $300 dollars and said next time maybe you will learn your lesson.

zrc
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Tito, I get what you're saying too. As much as I advocate responsibility on the part of the owner, I too am disgusted with those who have no respect for other people's property. My point was not to outright condone such behavior but rather to avoid it altogether by taking steps to prevent it before it happens. What I found disturbing was the psychopathic responses to the problem. If people approach the problem with violence as their only answer then sooner or later it's not going to end well.

I would agree there, I tend to avoid violence unless there is no other avenue. And admittedly that is very rarely now that I am a level headed adult. When I was a kid that wasnt the case :) But I also never start a fight I cant win :rolleyes:

Neutron12
07-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Easy for someone to say when they live in Vermont.

Where people only become violent when the maple syrup runs out.

That's why this country is the way it is.

No consequences for your actions. Unless you kill someone. If more people would have a little more backbone people would be **** scared to do anything wrong

For example, the idiot who's thinking what could happen if i sit on this bike. Probably nothing. Same guy after meeting me. Maybe if i sit on this bike the owner might come out and beat my ass.

juliantrost
07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Easy for someone to say when they live in Vermont.

Where people only become violent when the maple syrup runs out.

That's why this country is the way it is.

No consequences for your actions. Unless you kill someone. If more people would have a little more backbone people would be **** scared to do anything wrong

For example, the idiot who's thinking what could happen if i sit on this bike. Probably nothing. Same guy after meeting me. Maybe if i sit on this bike the owner might come out and beat my ass.

OK, so here is a million dollar question: what makes you think, that "the idiot who's thinking what could happen if i sit on this bike" is actually thinking? In most cases, nobody thinks when they do something like that. I am a new owner of a Spyder and haven't yet parked it unattended, but I did have a custom cruiser before, which could be seen from a block away due to bright yellow color and skulls airbrushed all over it. Been to NY plenty of times with it; actually am from BK originally and I assure you people stared, set on it, took pictures of it with them seating on it, etc. My brother actually found a picture on someone FaceBook account with them on my bike and caption that said "My new toy". Showed it to my wife and she wrote on the guy's wall and said something like "Actually that is my husband's toy and you happened to take a picture on it when he wasn't looking". I agree with most posts here: we, as a society, no longer have respect for what isn't ours.

Daisyjoe
07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
After I read where you were from, this post began to make sense. :roflblack:

:roflblack::roflblack: IT'S A SOUTHERN THANG :agree:

SilverFox1
07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Well spyderlovers,, I just want to say that the same has happened to me. I use my travel cover, I have a Gorrila alarm with the pager
I try to park in safe places where I can keep my ride in sight (as much as possible) but it happened just the same. I respect other people's property
and I sincerely wish people would respect mine. As far as the Gorilla alarm goes, well it dosen't work that great since you find yourself coming
back to check more often then you'd like (unless you adjust the sensitivity to just about zero which by then is almost like leaving it OFF).
The person I found sitting on my ride was a Spyder owner. You see, he knew how to take the cover off for one thing then he told me that
he didn't think I'd mind since I was a Spyder owner. He owned a RS-S and wanted to get the feel of an RT-LTD. I coudn't believe it!!!
I suggested in to him in undesirable words that perhaps he should consider trying this out at a dealer and not just sit on somebody's Ride. He appologized, and then asked me
if he could take it for a spin around the block! A complete stranger, Spyder owner or not. I could not believe it! Needless to say
he did not try it out. I wish my wife would not have been there with me. I figure he was about sixty years old. Not a kid by any means.
I had to hold back. I just hope I never meet up with this guy ever again!!

By the way,,, I truly enjoy answering any questions people ask,,, even the dumb ones! WTH!

SilverFox :hun:

Bob Denman
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM

People need to be taught that there are consequences to their actions.

WOW!! :shocked: Where DO you live in New York??
So much anger, bitterness and frustration...
You need to take a nice long ride and let the bike calm you down a bit. You'll live longer without your blood pressure trying to force a geyser out of one of your ears! :shocked: :roflblack:

CyncySpyder
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Well spyderlovers,, I just want to say that the same has happened to me. I use my travel cover, I have a Gorrila alarm with the pager
I try to park in safe places where I can keep my ride in sight (as much as possible) but it happened just the same. I respect other people's property
and I sincerely wish people would respect mine. As far as the Gorilla alarm goes, well it dosen't work that great since you find yourself coming
back to check more often then you'd like (unless you adjust the sensitivity to just about zero which by then is almost like leaving it OFF).
The person I found sitting on my ride was a Spyder owner. You see, he knew how to take the cover off for one thing then he told me that
he didn't think I'd mind since I was a Spyder owner. He owned a RS-S and wanted to get the feel of an RT-LTD. I coudn't believe it!!!
I suggested in to him in undesirable words that perhaps he should consider trying this out at a dealer and not just sit on somebody's Ride. He appologized, and then asked me
if he could take it for a spin around the block! A complete stranger, Spyder owner or not. I could not believe it! Needless to say
he did not try it out. I wish my wife would not have been there with me. I figure he was about sixty years old. Not a kid by any means.

:dontknow:You'd think a fellow Spyder Owner would know better:lecturef_smilie:

ARtraveler
07-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Sometimes you just have to wonder what people are thinking. The above was pretty brassy.

Neutron12
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM

By the way,,, I truly enjoy answering any questions people ask,,, even the dumb ones! WTH!

Took your cover off! :lecturef_smilie:

I'm sorry but that old geezer would of been buried would that cover wrapped around him. Spyder owner or not.

Neutron12
07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
WOW!! :shocked: Where DO you live in New York??
So much anger, bitterness and frustration...
You need to take a nice long ride and let the bike calm you down a bit. You'll live longer without your blood pressure trying to force a geyser out of one of your ears! :shocked: :roflblack:

I live about 1 hour 35 minutes east of you.

I wish riding my 2 month old 2012 RSS spyder would calm me down. But all the problems i have with it. Limp mode 5 times a day. Idiot mechanics can't find the problem. I just ride with it on now, i really don't care about it anymore. I guess one day those idiots will get it figured out. Or i get a new one with less Gremlins in it.

Funny, my blood pressure and stress levels are quite normal. :shocked:

Huntindawg1962
07-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Reductio ad absurdum

Looks like something in the signature line that SL poster "HarryPottar" has quoted :roflblack:

Now, what is that Harry Potter charm that we need to use to get the smiley face emoticons to stop re-arranging themselves on every reply post??

bluestratos
07-25-2012, 09:26 AM
I mounted it under the plastic on the left hand side where the XM radio module goes. Plenty of room there and it easy to get too since it is exposed when the side panel is removed.

Bluestratos - where did you mount that - under the seat?

bluestratos
07-25-2012, 09:31 AM
The alarm was about $180 but this is the better model with the remote that lets you know if the alarm has been triggered. It is a simple install, it took me about 1 hour including removing the side panels. Definately gives me piece of mind when left unattend in a parking lot.

Regards,

Randy

@bluestratos

How much and how difficult is the Gorrilla Alarm? That sounds like something I may want to look into!

Thanks in advance!
Larry

Bob Denman
07-25-2012, 09:36 AM
I live about 1 hour 35 minutes east of you.

Funny, my blood pressure and stress levels are quite normal. :shocked:
You must be over against the border? At least well over on the other side of the Hudson anyway...
Glad to hear that the stress isn't doing what it could be to you! :thumbup:

Stress is defined as, "When the brain must override the body's basic urge to choke the living crap out of some :cus: that desperately needs it!"

PHATZ
07-26-2012, 09:25 AM
I think that this too funny
I went down to Philadelphia Art Museum today and parked right across the street in the main lot. When I pulled in the attendant had me park by his booth to keep eye on it for me.

5 hours later when I got back he told me there had to be over 100 pictures taken and even people arguing with him when he asked them not to sit on it.

The pictures I can understand, but sitting? And then arguing over right to sit on someone else's ride???

The extra tip I gave him was well worth it, although my high beams were switched on when I started it up. I could not see any other disturbances.

Do most people on here just keep there travel cover on? Which then brings me to ask how long should I let it cool off before putting it on.

Thanks!

Kevyn

2012 RS - White

juliantrost
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
The alarm was about $180 but this is the better model with the remote that lets you know if the alarm has been triggered. It is a simple install, it took me about 1 hour including removing the side panels. Definately gives me piece of mind when left unattend in a parking lot.

Regards,

Randy

Do you remember or do you know the model number of the Gorrilla Alarm you have? Is it just an alarm or is it a 2-way pager that notifies you if someone is trying to F with your machine? Thanks

vtrider
07-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Holly caught this little guy sitting on my ride and snapped a picture of him doing it at a dealer during Americade. From what she told me the father was allowing this kid to sit on alot of bikes. I'm not sure if FastFrasers white flame RT was a victim or not ???? I only wish I saw it...............:doorag:

Randy, I seen this happen when I was there with you guys. They were looking around at my spyder too, as they did other spyders there, but I guess the jacket that I left on the seat was a good thing to some degree. It made it a deterrent from letting anyone climbing on board. I'm sure the kid met no harm, but I was surprized that the parent or guardian allowed him to climb on someones ride. Maybe they thought your spyder was a dealer display!

vtspyder
07-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Mess with our spyder's and end up with a large bore cylindrical object that makes a distinct "click-click" sound rammed up their "A#%"! Just watch, some jerk from Jerkville USA is gonna let his kid sit on your bike. Then, He or she will burn their leg on the pipe. Next, you'll be hit with a lawsuit! American's are basically toilet bowl dweller's at this point. I won't let anyone anywhere near my stuff.

zrc
07-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Mess with our spyder's and end up with a large bore cylindrical object that makes a distinct "click-click" sound rammed up their "A#%"! Just watch, some jerk from Jerkville USA is gonna let his kid sit on your bike. Then, He or she will burn their leg on the pipe. Next, you'll be hit with a lawsuit! American's are basically toilet bowl dweller's at this point. I won't let anyone anywhere near my stuff.

You know, I had not thought of the lawsuit view point, but I bet some decent money you would be right on that one. Scary.

FutureRyder
07-27-2012, 10:50 AM
You know, I had not thought of the lawsuit view point, but I bet some decent money you would be right on that one. Scary.

I'm sure there's an ambulance chaser somewhere that would try it. People have been injured breaking into houses and sued the owners.

Mama Phoenix
07-27-2012, 10:48 PM
(My personality is about to come out!) I was reading this thread last night, and I have to say I was completely disgusted! People really :cus: me off! Some people are just rude and inconsiderate, and have zero respect for other people or their property. And sometimes, parents are the worst, and will let their kids do anything! These people have a self-appointed entitlement, and they believe general rules of respect (or even morality) just don't apply to THEM. Typical bikers with 2-wheelers rarely have this kind of problem. People look, but rarely ever touch, especially if it's a HD. It may be because they're afraid of getting caught or what the biker might look like (like hard-core). It might be because they're afraid the bike will fall over, or it could just be that unwritten rule that you NEVER touch another person's bike!! NEVER! NEVER!:gaah: But for some reason, with Spyders, scooters, etc, people just get on. They get on and touch whatever they want, and do whatever they want. And they do it without ANY care. Why should they care about scratches and dents? It isn't their bike, right? Parents will even put their kids on someone's bike figuring that the owner won't get mad (or as mad) if the culprit is a kid. I guess they think if there isn't a door, it's fair game.

You guys and gals are way more gracious than I would be about letting people plant their behinds on anything of mine, especially a Spyder. I would (and will) answer questions because people will be extremely curious, and I'd love to spread the word. But I don't want a bunch of strangers sitting on my stuff, because to me, anything could happen, including a lawsuit that they would likely win. Remember the guy that spilled hot coffee on himself, and the burglar that got hurt in the house he was robbing and sued the owner and won? Looky, but don't touchy! Now, a group ride or event, hanging with friends, or something like that would be completely different. (And FTR, I'm also a germ-o-phobe, and I know I'll see germs flying off them and onto my :ani29:. LOL) :roflblack: Hand sanitizer please!

Some of you were talking about kids. I am a single mom of a 7 yr old little girl. I told her about this thread, and this is what she said: "Mommy, that is so rude and wrong! You never touch someone's stuff without asking! Never! I would never do anything like that! You always ask first. You have to be respectful." So, some people, like me, do raise kids to be respectful... period. Many people have told me that she is the most respectful child they have ever seen, and that makes me very proud of her. I may be old-school (I'm 46), but that's what I believe, and that's how I've chosen to raise my daughter.

Clearly, I am going to have to have some kind of cover to use when I'm out (once I get a Spyder) because I will have a southern meltdown, and there will be a serious :cus: kicking if I catch someone on my :ani29:, or even evidence that someone had been on it. I also believe that if I got in or on someone's car like they did my :ani29:, they would at least think about calling the police because how dare I! :gaah:

Okay, that wasn't too bad. I think I contained myself. :D **Pats self on the back**

Cruzr Joe
07-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Chill out Mama

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Mama Phoenix
07-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Chill out Mama

Yes Sir, Chief! :bowdown:

Mama Phoenix
07-28-2012, 01:48 AM
ZRC

Could you post photos of her in shorts and a tank top? Just for informational purposes only!!! ( doing a survey )

Joe

Chill out, Chief! :shemademe_smilie: