PDA

View Full Version : ZUMO 660

8 LEGS
07-20-2012, 10:51 PM
My GPS 660 factory install will not power up or down with the bike any more, had a bad clicking noise which I got rid by moving the mound back and forth but always shows on battery and like I said never powers up or down with the bike:banghead:

fastfraser
07-21-2012, 04:58 AM
If under warranty I would take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out. You can also trace the wires back to the battery and make sure every thing is tight and the fuses are good. Unfortunately most of the panels (as you are sitting on the Spyder ) on the right side have to come off .

Dizneyman
07-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Try cleaning the contacts on the back of unit. They can get a bit correded from the elements. Had the same issue, a little rub with a pencil eraser and all is well.

Huntindawg1962
07-21-2012, 07:49 AM
And if you start pulling off the panels - there is a fuse for the GPS line the line back near the rear of the bike (at least there is if you aftermarket install it so it may be there on a factory installed one)

eddieshep999
07-21-2012, 12:58 PM
If the Battery power icon is on the Screen it is only being powered by the Internal Battery and not getting any power from the
on board system

When it gets on board bike power the Battery power Icon is not displayed

When My Zumo 660 was fitted by a dealer the Connection the Positive and Negitive connection was not sealed and had become
undone

I reconnected them and ensured they were sealed - No further problems

See this video ref the Positive and Negitive connectiions

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=146

These may help

Eddie Sheppard
Readng UK

8 LEGS
07-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Well took all the panels off and started looking around and I thought it was the power connector, what it turned out to be was the connector that has the power and 3 other wires in it. The ground wire had pushed its way out of the connector, pushed it back in and re connected together. No more problems.:ohyea: