PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne WY to Alaska and return

dlennox
07-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Well the big day is finally here, at 0 dark thirty tomorrow I leave for a month long trip to Alaska and back. The Spyder has been serviced the compartments as well as the trailer are stuffed(probably more than my wife and I would need for a two month trip but everything we packed seems so important on this end of the trip). We will try to keep this thread current as we travel through Canada and into Alaska. I may even check out some of Lamonsters threads on how to post pictures, need to learn how to use the camera first. This trip is a 75 birthday present for both of us so we're like a couple of kids starting a new adventure. Talk at you all Later.

Rustler
07-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Y'all enjoy the trip and drive safe ! Wish we were going as well. Left Anchorage in Dec '64 after a 3yr tour with Uncle Sam's Air Force.

Take Care

spyderbirds
07-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Well the big day is finally here, at 0 dark thirty tomorrow I leave for a month long trip to Alaska and back. The Spyder has been serviced the compartments as well as the trailer are stuffed(probably more than my wife and I would need for a two month trip but everything we packed seems so important on this end of the trip). We will try to keep this thread current as we travel through Canada and into Alaska. I may even check out some of Lamonsters threads on how to post pictures, need to learn how to use the camera first. This trip is a 75 birthday present for both of us so we're like a couple of kids starting a new adventure. Talk at you all Later.

:clap:Good for you :-) Update us as you have the chances on your adventure.
Oh.... Happy Birthday as well!

retired1
07-21-2012, 08:06 AM
dlennox;
If you run into problems, or have questions, I'm sure that Yazz would be more than happy to help you find an answer. Last year they did the Alaska thing from Texas.

Guzzi
07-21-2012, 11:08 AM

Hope you have the "MILEPOST", Alaska Travel Guide! It's a MUST for anyone traveling to Alaska. If not, get one ASAP. Some times you can find them for sale at local Mall book stores.
www.milepost.com Enjoy your trip, It's a great ride!! Guzzi

DocRags
07-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Have a wonderful time, Dick and Bobbie :thumbup:...I've found the easiest way to upload pictures on here is by using photobucket. Or you can use a program like gimp and resize them to get the size down. (Photobucket is a LOT easier...just copy and paste a link...no need to resize pictures). Good luck...can't wait to see some pictures and see how your trip goes. :yes:

Happy Birthday!

ARtraveler
07-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Glad to hear you are "on the road". You have my contact information so, any questions etc., feel free to get in touch.

Weather: we had 3 days of sunny this last week with temps in low to mid 70's. The low pressure fronts continue to come in constantly--so be prepared for cloudy or rainy on your journey.

Looking forward to meeting up when you get here.

HollyH
07-21-2012, 08:35 PM
oh my goodness!! how exciting! you guys have lots of fun, take pictures and keep us posted on your adventures! I am so jealous!! :)

Questions
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
God Be with you. Keep the rubber side down

dlennox
07-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Well the trip got off to a good start, left Cheyenne approx 6:30 this morning and arrived in Livingston, Mt at 5:50 PM ; about a 600 mile day.there were several important things I learned this first day as well as several complaints. complaints first: I'm traveling with a friend that has a 2012 Gold Wing that fully loaded gets 35-40 miles per gal and with a 6.7 gal tank his range is almost double that of my RT; He gets to stop alot and wait for me to gas up. I'm pulling a loaded trailer and I only averaged 24.3 miles per gal today. Second complaint, It was Hot mid 90s to low 100s did I mention it was Hot! Now what did I learn? First, since I mostly ride with a half visor and this trip I have a full face visor I learned that if you have to spit "Put the visor up", Second thing I learned is that the down shift and the push to talk button are very close to each other and if you hit the down shift nobody can hear you on the CB, Duh! (it also causes your rev's to skyrocket. Third thing I learned is that I absolutely love my Butler Cup filled with Ice Water, Did I mention that it was Hot? No pictures today, nothing in Wyoming except brown grass and burned areas and not much more in the part of Montana we went through today. Tomorrow we plan to go through Glacier Natl Park so we should start the cameras clicking. More to come.