PDA

View Full Version : Spyder into Time Machine

LLSailor
07-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Cool morning and I have the day off, so I turned my Spyder into a time machine. Went out for a ride and found myself in the neighborhood of the first job I had after retiring from the Navy. Since it is a Driver's License office, I picked up the Motorcycle book so my wife can start to get her 'M'. Since it was on the way back, I went by the house that I lived in when I started school(sure thought it was bigger than that), then to the house where I lived until graduating HS and joining the Navy. Now back home and in the present (sort of), but had a good morning.

SpyderAnn01
07-20-2012, 01:24 PM
It is amazing how houses and yards shrink over the years. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-20-2012, 01:32 PM
That's true; but the hills still manage to get steeper! :shocked: :gaah:

ARtraveler
07-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I did that on my last visit to Minneapolis. The old neighborhoods had changed considerably--but nevertheless brought back old memories and feelings.

bullant12
07-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Cool morning and I have the day off, so I turned my Spyder into a time machine. Went out for a ride and found myself in the neighborhood of the first job I had after retiring from the Navy. Since it is a Driver's License office, I picked up the Motorcycle book so my wife can start to get her 'M'. Since it was on the way back, I went by the house that I lived in when I started school(sure thought it was bigger than that), then to the house where I lived until graduating HS and joining the Navy. Now back home and in the present (sort of), but had a good morning.

:thumbup: I got 2 problems with my :spyder2: as a time machine:

1) It can't go home (it cannot float and last time I checked, there are no bridges to Puerto Rico) and
2) It only can go towards the future!;)

Thank you LLSailor for serving!!