PDA

View Full Version : So who has faked using a kickstarter with the parking brake?

NoJive
07-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Anybody else stepped on the parking brake to release it, while at the same time pressing the starter button? Pretty funny if someone watching thinks the Spyder has a kickstart! :roflblack:

Jive

ThreeWheels
07-18-2012, 08:42 PM
On the RT, there is no foot peg for the brake, but I have to admit that I've feigned an Air Kick Start.

mooneych
07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Never thought about doing that. It would be pretty hilarious to pull someone's chain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

SpyderAnn01
07-18-2012, 09:03 PM
I know I looked like I was kick starting the Spyder when I was riding a GS. That brake was a pain in the leg. It was such a bad memory that a year after I had my RT I was looking at a GS/RS and couldn't remember what that pedal was for!

boborgera
07-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Before i fixed the foot brake [08] it sure looked like i was kick starting, And i didn't think it was funny'
embarrassing was more like it. :opps:

NoJive
07-18-2012, 09:32 PM
I know I looked like I was kick starting the Spyder when I was riding a GS. That brake was a pain in the leg. It was such a bad memory that a year after I had my RT I was looking at a GS/RS and couldn't remember what that pedal was for!

Yeah, it is a pain. Half of the time, it takes a couple hits before mine releases.

Jive

Some Guy
07-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Never faked a kick-starter with the parking brake...BUT...I have often faked a "kick stand" with the parking brake! I stand there acting like I'm holding up the Spyder and then press down on the parking brake like it's kick-stand...then act like I've taken off a big weight load off.

Some people get it and laugh...others have tried to help me!!! nojoke I ALWAYS explain the joke to people and they have always laughed.

:thumbup:

Arr MiHardies
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
I always thought it would be funny to actually install a kick stand.

ThreeFeet
07-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I always thought it would be funny to actually install a kick stand. Some place in the archives there's about 4 pages about the Kick stand thing!!! Seems somebody came up to a spyder owner and asked them if they weren't afraid the bike would tip over? Seems it was on a fairly good slant. The take off on this subject was some of the most side hurtingnojoke laughing:roflblack::roflblack: I had had in a long time!!! the folks on this forum have GOT to be the funniest folks anywhere!!! nojoke

billybovine
07-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah, it is a pain. Half of the time, it takes a couple hits before mine releases.

Jive

I put up with that for quite a while until I figured out how easy it was to fix. It takes 10 minutes and 9 minutes of that is removing and installing the tupperware.

SpyderSue
07-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Jive

Okay, so I'm experiencing the 'pain in the ass' parking brake syndrome. How did you guys fix it?

SpyderSue
07-19-2012, 03:17 PM
I put up with that for quite a while until I figured out how easy it was to fix. It takes 10 minutes and 9 minutes of that is removing and installing the tupperware.

Okay, duh, I just saw this. NEVERMIND! :opps:

wilfredopr
07-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Anybody else stepped on the parking brake to release it, while at the same time pressing the starter button? Pretty funny if someone watching thinks the Spyder has a kickstart! :roflblack:

Jive

No, but I will from now on. lol

NoJive
07-20-2012, 09:15 PM

Thanks for the info! :2thumbs: