PDA

View Full Version : What Tire pressure?

Joeben
07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi

I need to know the exact # for the psi of my front tires and back tire on my rt limited 2011 - I am told very conflicting answers thanks

donnellpj
07-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Dealer had mine set at;

15 PSI - Front
25 PSI - Rear
Shocks - Level 3

After much reading and testing on my own for ride quality, I am set at;

18 PSI - Front
26 PSI - Rear
Shocks - Level 5 - Rear airbag setting at 3/5 (default).

This gives me a decent cross between a sport feel for the twisties, and a nice smooth cruiser at speed.

A little experimentation is in order with this as well, not everyone's ride will feel the same, and ultimately, it's your @$$ in the seat mile after mile.

Good luck, and welcome to the Web.

NancysToy
07-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi

I need to know the exact # for the psi of my front tires and back tire on my rt limited 2011 - I am told very conflicting answers thanks
You are being told conflicting answers because everybody has a bit different idea what works for them. Most of us have found something a bit higher than the factory recommended pressures gives better handling. I would recommend that you experiment a bit and see what you prefer. Most RT owners like 17-20 front and 25-30 rear. I usually run 18/28 on my RT, while we run 20/30 on Nancy's GS.

Remember that tire pressures are measured cold, before riding and several hours after a ride. For safety's sake, do not go below the 15 psi minimum printed on the front tire sidewalls, despite BRP's recommendation of 13-15 psi.

ozzie
09-07-2012, 05:49 PM
what about car tires? is the recommended psi the same?