PDA

View Full Version : next mod is speakers on rs not rt

NVERLAST1
07-18-2012, 09:18 AM
can anybody tell any suggestions or any set up they have?

napper39
07-18-2012, 11:01 AM
i had both thes on my rs,and i switch them back and forth from ride to ride.the radio needs a amp to hear at speeds but the small player has 100 watts.so i can hear up to 60 mph then the wend is too much.thats made by shark go to there sight and there on sale most of the time for about 160 dollars.the 200 watt is a little moore but i seem to hear the 100 watt better.:thumbup::chat:

coz
07-18-2012, 11:50 AM
dwg waterproof speakers. they're o k . you can get a set with a little amp for around 150. not enough power but it beats nothing. amp and head unit are in the trunk.

Texmac1011
07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
can anybody tell any suggestions or any set up they have?

Bear with me while I try and explain what I finally ended up doing to my wife's RS through much trial, error and blown speakers.

1st - This set up is where I started. The Shark Audio 100 watt system in black. 100 watt is all you need, but you can get 250 watt. She likes this one because it takes an SD card. She loads her music on the card and doesn't have to fool with her MP3.

http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/product/SHKMSM2050K/sale-shark-SHKMSM2050K-Motorcycle--yacht-2-speakers--amplifier--radio--usb--sd--wireless-remote.html

2nd - Open up the speakers housings, remove the speakers, cut the wires and throw them away. We both blew our speakers in a matter of days with the 100 watt amp. Not too worry. The speakers are cheap and useless, but the housings work great.

3rd - Go to your local Goodwill, 2nd hand store, etc. and buy a couple small boombox or stereo speakers. My wife found them for $10 a piece. Get the speakers out of the housings. They will probably be low wattage speakers, but it won't matter. Make sure the speakers do not come with a separate woofer. Most don't, but those don't work.

4th - Hold the speakers up to the Shark housings and check the fit. The will be big by 1/2" or so. Trim the metal around the speakers until you get a good fit to the inside diameter of the housings. I took a pair of pliers and broke out the 4 little tabs inside the housing that the screws from the original speakers attached to, so the new speakers would fit inside enough to put the cover back on.

5th - Wire up everything and check the speakers for sound before closing up the speakers.

6th - Once you know the speakers are working close it all up and secure the housing covers however you see fit. I used caulk to hold the speakers in place and used black electrical tape to put the speaker cover back on the housing because anything permanent would make speaker replacement later a bit difficult.

7. My wife has a C.H.A.D. windshield, so I mounted the speakers to the nuts holding the shield bracket, using the brackets that came with the speakers.

The speakers play very clear and very loud. The 100 watt amp volume goes to 30 and she has never been past 23 and she has a cherrybomb glasspak for an exhaust.

That's what I did.................................

aka1004
07-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Jl audio pods. That's all pics I had in my phone but you can get more info on their website.
My phone is source of music and amp and eq are in the trunk.
They are like $750 for pods and speakers, high quality speakers I can hear at 80 mph.

arntufun
07-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Nothing beats the sound quality of good earbuds with a MP3 player.............. nojoke

napper39
07-18-2012, 02:34 PM
i for got all the shark players have sd card slots and thats what i got my music on 200 songs and ive never blowen my shark speakers will not yet.i also got the 250 watt with the biger speakers on my harley,but the harley is too loud to hear at 60 plus speeds.the sd cards fits flush in the slot so works out grate.

Ron2andia
07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
I have seen ARC audio installed on RS with a sub woofer in the trunk...

pro10is
07-19-2012, 12:50 AM
If you're thinking about this because you like the idea of modding the RS for an audio system then by all means proceed. I love to do mods too.

However if you're thinking about this because you just want to hear some tunes while you're riding it will be -much- easier and much less expensive to invest in a good bluetooth system for your helmet.