PDA

View Full Version : BATTERY TENDER

sealfloorboards
07-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Got an email from a cycle accessories co. today showing a special on battery tenders. One is called the Battery Tender Jr. at $33.98, the other, the Super Smart Batter Tender Plus at $55.25 Anyone have experience with either? Forget the price, which is better?

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoard

DrewNJ
07-16-2012, 06:54 PM
I have used Battery Tender Jr's for years on all my toys and really it's the only charger I'll use unattended. From everything from bikes to jetskis to boats. The Jr's are single hookup .75amp where the plus you can hookup multiple batteries at 1.25amps.
The plus will charge quicker. However, I use the tender as a battery "maintainer"....not to try to charger or revive a dead battery....

I have always been into the Jr's because I'd rather have multiple smaller chargers, one for each battery, one for each bike/ski/boat....personal preference.

Don't know about the spyder electronics but I know some jetski manufacturers warn about battery chargers in excess of 1amp and don't recommend jump starting as it "may" damage the electronics.....though I've never seen it first hand...

Either will work great for the spyder. The Jr will do the job. The plus has a bit more potential if you ever felt you'd need it.
Doug

fireplug98
07-16-2012, 07:52 PM
HiYa John !!!

I've always used the Jr.
I have one on my Spyder, all our vehicles and both my snowmobiles.

Tommy J.

ICE
07-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I'vee used the Jr for years on multiple bikes with zero issues. Good little charger...$25 at amazon

stevedfive
07-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I have used the Battery Tender Plus for the last 2 years without a problem. If the bike is not on the road, then it is plugged into the batter tender.

tobor9
07-16-2012, 09:10 PM
We have Jr's for each :ani29:and plug them in every time we park them,work great!! our dealer puts on the tender pigtail when they sell a :ani29:and we bought BT jr from them, simple no hassle way to take care of your batteries .

Some Guy
07-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Battery Tender Jr user for 3 years.

I can't say whether or not it's better than any other tender, but it has worked great for me. :thumbup:

epiphysis
07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
I have one of each and they work just fine...as said, not for reviving a dead battery, but great to keep one charged!! the prices are ok......this is where I get most of my stuff...best prices!!!! http://store.valueaccessories.net/batterychargerselectricalitems.aspx

HedonismBot
07-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I bought http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051D3MP6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 and with Prime two day shipping for free it seemed like a good deal. Someone else on the boards mentioned having it. It comes with the cig adapter to plug it into the RT trunk outlet and is totally automated like the Jr.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Schumacher, sells one thru Walmart for less than $20.......It's also a smart charger type....and I think they have been making them longer than Battery Tender brand......Mike....:thumbup:

d.o.spyder-rts
07-16-2012, 11:59 PM
I've had my super smart for years. I had to connected to my wings but I haven't made the connection to my RTS yet. Dale

ARtraveler
07-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Used Jr.'s for years. No problems. The bikes always start on the first try after the long winter sleep. (about 5 months).

Grandpa Spyder
07-17-2012, 04:51 AM
I have been using the JR for a couple of years. works great plug in power port in trunk. pd. around $23.00 for mine. Cycle giant on sale.

napper39
07-17-2012, 06:56 PM
i got both love them ,cant go wrong keep em charged and ride like the wind.:thumbup: