PDA

View Full Version : allignment

Tx web rider
07-15-2012, 07:42 PM
i am in south texas no dealer closer than 140 miles

after i purchased my spyder rs 2009 used a year ago i took it in to the closest dealer like i said 140 miles away and they noticed it had not had the DPS change out so they did it for me
while the mechanic changed it out he adjusted the front end saying it was in need i said thanks

right away i could tell the bike was real darty so i returned 2 weeks later and told him it was real touchy in the steering he told me that's the way they are :0

so i took it home a few thousand miles later i returned for an oil change and said the tires are wearing on the inside badly

he did an adjustment and sent me home

i took it back a couple times and still eating my tires off finally got to the point of had to replace them this was 2 weeks prior to spyderfest this year forced the issue with the dealer to correct the issue well he did adjust again and i purchased 2 new tires for it i don't think they were balanced due to vibration after replacement but it vibrated before so i said nothing (a few weeks later was washing the bike noticed no new lead on the rim and knew it was true)

ok after all this i have 8000 miles on my new tires and the inside of the right tire is bald no tread at all the left is half gone inside

i need a competent mechanic to fix this mine don't seem to know how he is great at most things on the spyder but an alignment seems to elude his grasp!

granted like some say they change front at 12k they are cheap but 8k and needing rubber is not good

2009 se5 rs

BajaRon
07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
i am in south texas no dealer closer than 140 miles

after i purchased my spyder rs 2009 used a year ago i took it in to the closest dealer like i said 140 miles away and they noticed it had not had the DPS change out so they did it for me
while the mechanic changed it out he adjusted the front end saying it was in need i said thanks

right away i could tell the bike was real darty so i returned 2 weeks later and told him it was real touchy in the steering he told me that's the way they are :0

so i took it home a few thousand miles later i returned for an oil change and said the tires are wearing on the inside badly

he did an adjustment and sent me home

i took it back a couple times and still eating my tires off finally got to the point of had to replace them this was 2 weeks prior to spyderfest this year forced the issue with the dealer to correct the issue well he did adjust again and i purchased 2 new tires for it i don't think they were balanced due to vibration after replacement but it vibrated before so i said nothing (a few weeks later was washing the bike noticed no new lead on the rim and knew it was true)

ok after all this i have 8000 miles on my new tires and the inside of the right tire is bald no tread at all the left is half gone inside

i need a competent mechanic to fix this mine don't seem to know how he is great at most things on the spyder but an alignment seems to elude his grasp!

granted like some say they change front at 12k they are cheap but 8k and needing rubber is not good

2009 se5 rs

That is a sad story and so unnecessary. You certainly do need an alignment. I'm wondering if the shop is just guessing and turning the tie rods hoping to get it right.