PDA

View Full Version : MAYBE THIS WOULD WORK FOR YOU TOOOOOOOOOOO !

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I have learned to carry lots of tools etc. that don't come with the Spyder....also a small amount of gas and oil.....if I added oil it was usually a messy deal....NOW it's not...Because I carry 12 oz. extra in a plastic MUSTARD JAR.....the one I'm refering to is the one with the cone type cap that you twist to open , twist to close. It really works quite well. You squeeze it to force the oil ( gently ) out and when you release pressure it sucks the oil back in ,so absolutely no drips. It's not a big deal and maybe I'm to fussy about this, but I thought I'd share my " find ".........Mike.......:thumbup:....................P S..I laid it on it's side overnight and it didn't leak !........PPS...Get a clear bottle so you can see how much you put in........PPPS.......I used this idea to fill small batteries with distilled water when we had such things.

Bumblebee67
07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
:clap: "INGENIOUS" :clap:

SpyderAnn01
07-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Clever idea. I have a giant funnel that we use at home but on the road I usually just make a mess.

d.o.spyder-rts
07-14-2012, 11:12 PM
:2thumbs: good tip, definately worth using. I use to use something similiar to add water to wet cell batteries. Dale

MikeinGA
07-15-2012, 01:04 AM
I have learned to carry lots of tools etc. that don't come with the Spyder....also a small amount of gas and oil.....if I added oil it was usually a messy deal....NOW it's not...Because I carry 12 oz. extra in a plastic MUSTARD JAR.....the one I'm refering to is the one with the cone type cap that you twist to open , twist to close. It really works quite well. You squeeze it to force the oil ( gently ) out and when you release pressure it sucks the oil back in ,so absolutely no drips. It's not a big deal and maybe I'm to fussy about this, but I thought I'd share my " find ".........Mike.......:thumbup:....................P S..I laid it on it's side overnight and it didn't leak !........PPS...Get a clear bottle so you can see how much you put in........PPPS.......I used this idea to fill small batteries with distilled water when we had such things.

I was looking for something to carry oil in. Great Idea and thanks!

Mike

Ga Blue Knight
07-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Great idea thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

currin20fan
07-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Fantastic idea! :clap: It would be great to hear some other "super" tips for carry ons on the spyder.

800steve
07-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Why would you want to put mustard in your Spyder?????????????????????????????

texasride
07-15-2012, 06:20 AM
I went to the local feed store, and got syringe used for livestock, you can draw in the exact amount needed no,drips ,no runs, no errors.:yes:

Bob Denman
07-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Mike: :2thumbs: :clap: :firstplace:
These are exactly the kind of tips that we should all be sharing...

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Why would you want to put mustard in your Spyder?????????????????????????????

Oh, Cr*p now you have let the DOG out of the bag.....Works wonders on those throttle bodies......:yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Mike

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-15-2012, 09:01 AM
I went to the local feed store, and got syringe used for livestock, you can draw in the exact amount needed no,drips ,no runs, no errors.:yes:

Good idea also, But you if want to save time and storage space, and keeping it simple .......Mustard container wins....... no drips, no runs, no errors...:roflblack:.:lecturef_smilie:.:yes:.....a nd by the way how's covering up the gear selection number going for ya.?????????

Nikon
07-15-2012, 09:22 AM
The mustard bottle sounds like a great idea, but based on all your experiences, how frequently must you add oil? I have a 2011 RT and have not had much time to ride. Next year we will be retiring to our home in Huntsville, AL. There We hope to get plenty of seat time.

About how many miles can you go before you need to add oil? Also, will the new free BRP RT panels make iit easier or more difficult to check oil levels?

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-15-2012, 09:44 AM
The mustard bottle sounds like a great idea, but based on all your experiences, how frequently must you add oil? I have a 2011 RT and have not had much time to ride. Next year we will be retiring to our home in Huntsville, AL. There We hope to get plenty of seat time.

About how many miles can you go before you need to add oil? Also, will the new free BRP RT panels make iit easier or more difficult to check oil levels?

There is no absolute answer on this....every Spyder varies, so the best advise is you have to check your's frequently till you learn how it works....even your's will vary depending on the riding conditions you do that day/trip etc....I have an 08 GS and took off the little black plastic fake screen ( that covers the oil dip stick ) a long time ago because I check my oil almost daily ( just because )........Mike....:thumbup:

bruiser
07-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Great idea, I agree with Bob, keep on sharing.

texasride
07-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Good idea also, But you if want to save time and storage space, and keeping it simple .......Mustard container wins....... no drips, no runs, no errors...:roflblack:.:lecturef_smilie:.:yes:.....a nd by the way how's covering up the gear selection number going for ya.?????????
Just fine and I can say for,sure,I got,going to 5 down pat, I always have a q of oil in the bike , but the bottle,is also a good way to go by way how's the shift,chane,light going for,you.:clap:

ARtraveler
07-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Great idea. Thank you for sharing. :thumbup:

Smokinspyder
07-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Well played

WackyDan
07-16-2012, 01:18 AM
One thing to remember... Whether you use a mustard bottle or old detergent bottle... occasionally swap them out with newer ones...Those containers (the plastics) are not designed to deal will holding oil forever....Eventually the oil will degrade the plastic and you will have a mess on your hands.

SpydherLuv
08-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Awesome idea BlueKnight! :clap: I took this one step further and went from this:

50709 to this 50710

It fits on the BRP oil container perfectly and now I only have to carry the small top instead of a long neck funnel. :yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Awesome idea BlueKnight! :clap: I took this one step further and went from this:

50709 to this 50710

It fits on the BRP oil container perfectly and now I only have to carry the small top instead of a long neck funnel. :yes:
Another out of the box thinker....I love it ...you go girl.........Next thing you know BRP will be selling them this way...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:....NOT

Bob Denman
08-03-2012, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_pGT8Q_tjk