PDA

View Full Version : key locked in trunk!

roadrunner_hs
07-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Help! Can anyone tell me how to get it out w/o damaging any body parts?

vt228
07-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Help! Can anyone tell me how to get it out w/o damaging any body parts?
use the spair or call AAA only way I did it once had it towed to my home and opened the trunk with spaie key I have one in wallet dont start bike it opens everything elce,

DocRags
07-14-2012, 08:04 PM
If you do an advanced search on the forum, you'll see directions for running a line to open the trunk when/if you do this again, but it won't do you any good this time around, I don't think...I always carry our spare in my jacket in case this happens. (I just need to make sure I take it out if we stop and take our jackets off). Good luck.

jvicker
07-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I know how!:thumbup:

Not posting it though.:p

Who knows who is trolling these sites.:dontknow:

Pm sent.

Illinois Boy
07-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Good idea...

It wouldn't be good to have the instructions on how to open our locked trunks on the internet... now would it?

aka1004
07-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Locking mechanism on frunk is basically for keeping honest folks honest not a deterrent for thief. Too easy to open. I can pop the frunk on my rs in 2 second, nothing broken. Yes I had locked my key in it and Had that spring loaded end of cable That actually trip the frunk open come undone so there was nothing to pull.

I think a car with visible goods will be better target for thieves, probably than spyder with tiny trunk.