PDA

View Full Version : THANKS AAA

sealfloorboards
07-14-2012, 11:15 AM
What a dumb a.. I was yesterday. Was 80 miles from home yesterday on business. It was hot so tossed my vest in the frunk. Oops, I always keep my key and cell phone in my vest:yikes:. A true senior moment as I clicked the frunk shut and it hit me:hun: I found a friendly and was able to call AAA for a tow. They sent a flat bed and three guys to load it up. Fortunately, I always put it in neutral when I park but the brake was on. They put skids under the front wheels and pulled it onto the truck. The rear wheel turned (2 or 3 revolutions) Praying it would not screw something up. I have 100 mile free towing with AAA and two hrs was home to get my spare key and back it off the truck. A ride to the store told me there was no damage:clap:, A big thanks to AAA and Dylan, my driver:bowdown:. Two questions: Is there a way to get into the frunk without a key and where is a good place to hid my spare key? Good ending to a day that could have gone WAY south.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal floorBoards

Pennyrick
07-14-2012, 11:55 AM
What a dumb a.. I was yesterday. Was 80 miles from home yesterday on business. It was hot so tossed my vest in the frunk. Oops, I always keep my key and cell phone in my vest:yikes:. A true senior moment as I clicked the frunk shut and it hit me:hun: I found a friendly and was able to call AAA for a tow. They sent a flat bed and three guys to load it up. Fortunately, I always put it in neutral when I park but the brake was on. They put skids under the front wheels and pulled it onto the truck. The rear wheel turned (2 or 3 revolutions) Praying it would not screw something up. I have 100 mile free towing with AAA and two hrs was home to get my spare key and back it off the truck. A ride to the store told me there was no damage:clap:, A big thanks to AAA and Dylan, my driver:bowdown:. Two questions: Is there a way to get into the frunk without a key and where is a good place to hid my spare key? Good ending to a day that could have gone WAY south.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal floorBoards

John: I velcro a non-chipped key just inside the lower left tupperware panel. That allows me to unlock stuff but not start the Spyder. There is a thread somewhere on now to access the frunk opening release once the access panel is removed.

BayouSpyder
07-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Why not keep the spare in your wallet. That is where I keep all of my spare keys. I'm sure u never go nowhere without your wallet.

Just my 2 cents.

BayouSpyder

ltii

mowin
07-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Why not keep the spare in your wallet. That is where I keep all of my spare keys. I'm sure u never go nowhere without your wallet.

Just my 2 cents.

BayouSpyder

ltii

Might work for some, but I always toss my wallet in the frunk. I hate sittin on the thing, not because its full of money tho..
I've been lucky. Never locked mine in the frunk .....yet...

draboo
07-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I purchased two non chipped keys and am planning on:

electrical taping one of them solidly somewhere by the oil tank.

store extra chipped key in the bottom of either frunk or trunk.

Jeriatric
07-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Might work for some, but I always toss my wallet in the frunk. I hate sittin on the thing, not because its full of money tho..

You're setting on money - it's just not in your wallet :roflblack:

draboo
07-14-2012, 03:42 PM

I rarely carry a wallet in my back pocket. Haven't for 30 years. My chiropractor is distressed! "da boss" has the purchasing power. I m merely there for aesthetics.:roflblack:

FutureRyder
07-14-2012, 03:59 PM
It might be odd, but my wallet has always gone in my front pocket. I've never understood why it seems like the back pocket is "the place" for it.

Cal777
07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
John, pm sent.

BioSab
07-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Those of you that have non-chipped keys. Can any of you tell me which key blank you use been to three spots and no one seems to have a blank that works?

MMcc
07-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I found that the right speaker grill on the RT is very easy to remove without tools. I wire wrapped a key to a screw behind the grill next to the speaker . It's always handy if needed.

sealfloorboards
07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Those of you that have non-chipped keys. Can any of you tell me which key blank you use been to three spots and no one seems to have a blank that works?

good question! I'd like to get a couple also. Losing a key or locking it in the frunk is kinda like riding a motorcycle. It's not "if", it's "when". Your will take a spill and lose a key.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal /FloorBoards

Cal777
07-14-2012, 07:13 PM
I found that the right speaker grill on the RT is very easy to remove without tools. I wire wrapped a key to a screw behind the grill next to the speaker . It's always handy if needed.

Life is a trip isn't it John! LOL!

NancysToy
07-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Ilco X270.

sealfloorboards
07-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Life is a trip isn't it John! LOL!

Amen to that brother!:ohyea:

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

sealfloorboards
07-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Ilco X270.

Thanks Scotty,

Great info. Oh Bottomless well in info:bowdown:. We all drink freely from your wisdom:roflblack::hun: I will find a place in my wallet for one.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoard

spydaman60
07-15-2012, 10:33 AM
It might be odd, but my wallet has always gone in my front pocket. I've never understood why it seems like the back pocket is "the place" for it.

always in my front pocket!!!!!

DocRags
07-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Our spare is always in MY pocket...that way Erags can't leave ME at home! :roflblack: LOL.

Firefly
07-15-2012, 11:15 AM
I use Lamonts IPS key device..... never leaves the bike. No worries about locking in trunk, etc.....:thumbup: