PDA

View Full Version : rain suits

muonwhiz
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Now that I'm moving out of the desert and back to TX I will need a rain suit. 2 weeks ago was riding in Tucson and got soaked by an unexpected cloud burst, but actually it felt really good! I have looked at the Can Am suits, they are expensive but are they any good? Also I usually have to get a men's size to get something big enough to go over clothes. Anyone know of woman things (not the kind made for skinny models)? :) Or if you have tried a Can Am suit, how is it for you? Advice?

joet82
07-12-2012, 07:25 PM
I wear the rain jacket all the time when I ride, except when it's really warm and I know there's no rain on the way, but the pants are optional.

both my jacket and pants are Bilt. I haven't had any problems with them when I have needed them.

tthuss
07-12-2012, 07:34 PM
My husband and I both have Frog Toggs. I have not had to use mine yet, but my husband has used his and they kept him very dry. They are super light weight and breathable and just fit over your pants and jacket. They are not very expensive either. We both ordered the same size as our jackets and pants and there is plenty of room left over. There is no seem in the seat (crotch) of the pants. The jacket over laps the pants so that water does not get in and they are easy to get in and out of. A set goes for about $80.

Jeriatric
07-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Bajaron..a site sponsor offers rain suits. He is also very knowledgeable about the products he sells. Would be worth shooting him an email. You will find his add on the home page.

mastertek2000
07-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I and the wife got this one works great and compact

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-pacific-h2o-rain-suit

REV'IT! Pacific H2O Rain Suit
In developing the PACIFIC H20 rain suit, one of the main goals was to make it easy to put on in just a few seconds – about the time it takes you to get soaked during a heavy shower. Mission accomplished. The solution lies not only in the long, diagonal front closure, but especially in the newly developed, non-stick, PVC-free coating on the inside of the Power Nylon outer shell. The result is a 100% waterproof, breathable, and very practical all-weather companion that will meet the demands of any rider. Convenient features include a storage pocket on the upper leg. For safety, reflection panels on the shoulders and lower legs ensure great visibility. If you need to stand out in traffic even more, the PACIFIC H2O comes in a high-visibility neon yellow option.
PROTECTION FEATURES

Outer shell: PVC-free PWR|Oxford with PU coating, PVC-free PWR|Oxford EN471 with PU coating (in Neon Yellow color only)
Waterproofing: 100% waterproof
Composition: 100% polyester (100% polyurethane coating)
Visibility: reflection at shoulders and legs, reflective logo at chest and back

ERGONOMIC FEATURES

Fit: tour fit, regular
Adjustability: adjustment tabs at upper arm, cuffs and ankles

Features:

PVC-free
XL front zipper
Elastic at waistline
Includes transport bag
Stash pocket on left leg
EN343 certified

SpyderAnn01
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
I imagine it will still be pretty hot where you are moving so if you may just want a rain suit and not a textile jacket that some have suggested. One warning on the CanAm clothing is that it tends to run small. Be sure to check out the sizing charts and take your measurements before you order something.

Y Blue
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I have Frog Toggs and my Joe Rocket pants & jacket have liners. In light rain or rain I can plan for I use the liners. In a down pour or rain that I didn't know was coming the Frog Toggs work well. They are plenty roomy enough to fit over your gear so you can get them on in a hurry ; )

The liners do not breathe at all, the Frog Toggs let air through and do a pretty good job of keeping you from feeling like you're in a big bag.

My husbands Frog Toggs had a zipper malfunctioned and had to be fixed by a seamstress which luckily we have in the family and they've been good since.

I haven't tried any others.

Daisyjoe
07-12-2012, 11:25 PM
FROGG TOGGS:ohyea:

d.o.spyder-rts
07-13-2012, 01:55 AM
FROGG TOGGS:ohyea:

+ 1 Dale

Tigereye
07-13-2012, 02:01 AM
I got my rain suit at Costco. Red & Black, men's size. Light weight, pack's easy & does the job for about $25. Had pant's slit on inside seam & then resewn down for opening to fit over boots. My friends really like the Frog Togg's though. Live in Oregon, so rain gear is a must

daveinva
07-13-2012, 07:39 AM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5191/7183577348_19e4bbfdf8.jpg

Frogg Toggs! :thumbup:

currin20fan
07-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Frogg Toggs

stutzmason
07-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Frogg Toggs that I bought at Academy Sporting Goods ....was cheaper than geting them froma a bike shop ....I have ridden in light to heavy rain with them and I stay dry except for the parts not covered (feet, helmet, you get the idea) ...i love them and when I meet a rain shower I take it head on and never worry about getting wet.

Crisis
07-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Frog Toggs Elite Highwary, They have a clearance sale going on: Excellent and compact.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/EliteHwy.shtm

bruisersbaby
07-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I have X-Element (black with pink trim) and Bruiser has Hot Leathers. Mine are a bit heavier than his, but definitely keep you dry.

:yes:

DR Buck
07-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Wife and I have First Gear. They are light weight and fold up small in their own stuff sack.

Gunkandpudge
07-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Wife and I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought golf rain suits.. Price was right, we'll see

muonwhiz
08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Per everyone's advice, I got the Frog Toggs! But I can't seem to get them stuffed completely into that stuff sack they came with, so if anyone has any tricks, let me know. It's not too bad for my daily work commute, but would like to pack it down better for touring. I have 2 plastic bags that will have to serve as booties until I can find something better. Suggestions?

Eons ago I had a 2 piece Dry Rider suit that did come complete with the slip over foot covers, came in very handy but I have definitely changed shape and sizes since then! :)

SteveMac
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Per everyone's advice, I got the Frog Toggs! But I can't seem to get them stuffed completely into that stuff sack they came with, so if anyone has any tricks, let me know. It's not too bad for my daily work commute, but would like to pack it down better for touring. I have 2 plastic bags that will have to serve as booties until I can find something better. Suggestions?

Eons ago I had a 2 piece Dry Rider suit that did come complete with the slip over foot covers, came in very handy but I have definitely changed shape and sizes since then! :)

Fold tight lengthwise, jacket laying on top of pants, and roll into a tight roll. Works for my Toggs. ;)

lyonsden
08-01-2012, 01:55 PM

I lay flat and roll the pants and jacket separately. Haven't had any problems getting mine back in the bag?? Maybe the newer ones the bag is smaller?

pslawing
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Which Frogg Togg set did you get? Been on their website an they have several different models.
Thanks

muonwhiz
08-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Which Frogg Togg set did you get? Been on their website an they have several different models.
Thanks

Don't remember the model #, but it has a black jacket with reflective striping and a gray pair of pants. Wish it also had rain booties!

tthuss
08-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks

I bought the Women's Sweet T Rain Suit, from Motorcycle Superstore for 69.95. I bought the same size as my jacket and there is plenty of room, not tight at all.

Oldmanzues
08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks
If I remember right, mine was called Road Toad. It does not say that on jacket itself. Hi-vis green top with black pants. It was the next one from basic. I was a little concerned about it being heavier then basic, but seem to work great in real hot weather.

I had a set of the origal for several years.
Oldmanzues

Daisyjoe
08-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Wanted to give a thumbs up for Frogg Toggs. Took my bike in yesterday for the 6000 miles checkup. 70 miles one way. As I prepared to leave the dealership, I noticed the clouds looked very menacing. This would be a good time to try out my Frogg Togg rain suit. I put on the jacket only. Well the rain did come but I stayed dry.:clap: My new 23' windshield from Cee Bailey helped also.
Though this might help someone with their decision.

BajaRon
10-10-2012, 10:14 AM
I carry Firstgear, Frogg Toggs and River Road rain gear. I can usually beat anyone's price on them. But if you can find them for less, you know you're getting an incredible deal!

danlnc
10-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I also have a set of Bilt rain gear. I have been in two storms so far without any problems.

Phyxius
10-14-2012, 02:17 PM
I have a the storm rider rainsuit from Nelson Rigg, I got the Hi Vis Yellow, of course! (I also got my half cover from them!)
http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1568

Oh and for hot weather riding, check out the Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad. AWESOME. Put it around your neck and tuck into your shirt to keep you cool. :thumbup:
http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/ChillyPads.shtm

Questions
10-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Frogg Toggs....without a doubt

Thanks

Blondespyder
12-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I tried frog toggs. Didn't care for them. The wind here is horrible when it rains. So... Believe it or not. I went to academy and bought my rain gear. LOVE THEM!! It has Velcro around all the areas you could get wet. And a nice elastic piece inside the leg to go around my boot with a strap to also go under the boot and hold it down so the wind can't pull it up. Best rain gear I have found yet. And only 40 dollars for the set

tbhlaw
03-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Frogg Togs for performance and cost. Used them for a couple of years without issue.

kngfsh27
03-10-2015, 07:00 PM
I got my rain suit from J&P Cycles. We got my wife's at Tractor Supply. It has a removable liner.

ARtraveler
03-10-2015, 09:34 PM
I note this is an older post (2012)--but--18 out of 32 recommended the Frogg Toggs.

Other threads talking rain gear seem to say pretty much the same. I use first gear which is water repellent, but know it costs a whole lot more.

TexasSpyder
03-11-2015, 06:08 AM
This is what I use, they are great. http://riverroadgear.com/rain-gear/high-n-dry-rainsuit.html?___SID=U

J. D.

WilMo1775
03-11-2015, 06:18 AM
I just bought my wife a new suit Frog Toggs and they have them on sale on Amazon complete suit with storage bag for 45.00

Dan McNally
03-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Since the post was resurrected . . . Frogg Toggs are very affordable and I've been through torrential thunderstorms in them, and stayed dry . . . but it depends on how often you ride in the rain, as to their real value. They do tend to wear out in the seat . . . if I lived somewhere it rained more frequently, I'd go for something more substantial . . . but for me, they fill the bill, quite well.

donkes
05-21-2015, 07:56 PM
I got drenched yet nothing got me wet. Cannot make a mistake w Froggs.

easysuper
05-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Like alot of folks said , Frog Toggs , small, light weight, easy to pull on in a hurry, and can be added as an exrta layer if it gets a little chilly even if it's not raining.

donkes
05-31-2015, 12:24 PM
I went thru a torential rain storm w Frogg toggs and was completely dry. Plus they breath.

Saluda
06-03-2015, 02:16 PM
We like our Froggs.

bcoulter19
06-03-2015, 02:25 PM
There are tons of different Frogg Toggs, Which ones do you have?

Bill C.

Saluda
06-11-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm famous for cutting tags out of everything I own after I buy it. Add to the fact that the ones we own didn't seem to have any special markings. Sorry. Anyone else ?

lyonsden
06-11-2015, 12:37 PM
This is what we bought and they work great! http://www.cabelas.com/product/FROGG-TOGGS-PRO-ACTION-II-RAIN-SUIT/1956438.uts?productVariantId=4039145&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=45-59172211-2&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04051856&rid=20

GOZFST
06-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Another satisfied FROGG TOGG user, I've had one set for over 10 years.We use the ones with bibs, for the extra protection. They're great for when it turns unexpectedly cold too.

Saluda
06-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Some of ours did come from Cabelas. They also sell a couple of packable rain suits by that same company.

MS_Spyderman
06-11-2015, 08:42 PM
My wife and I have Nelson-Rigg rain suits. Had them for 8 years with no issues. Work great.