PDA

View Full Version : Spyder owners who love their dogs

joehorserider
07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi All,

SAVE YOURSELF THIS KIND OF AGGREVATION !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an FYI

I recently purchased a ROAD DOG TRAILER, it is sold at a trailer for brining your dog, or dogs with you, if you have a trailer hitch on your motorcyle.

I can show you pictures, the trailer was loaded with sharp aluminum shards that the builder neglected to wipe or blow away before attaching the outer skin, causing them to be semi trapped. However over bumps they were going to rain down on my beloved English Bull Dog. Worse the striker plate that the lock attaches to, was the wrong size, and installed incorrectly.

To make a long story short, these people do not have a clue how to fix such a situation. Each replacement part they sent (they used 4 tries), looked as if a three year old drilled the holes, and did the so called welding.

Worse, these people threatned not to take the trailer back and give me back my money. Don't worry, I got an attorney local to them involved and finally got my money back through the credit card company but not without many wasted hours.

SAVE YOURSELF THIS KIND OF AGGREVATION. I don't suggest you purchase a ROAD DOG TRAILER.

Sincerely,

Joe R. (Joehorserider)

kawakii
07-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi All,

Just an FYI

I recently purchased a ROAD DOG TRAILER, it is sold at a trailer for brining your dog, or dogs with you, if you have a trailer hitch on your motorcyle.

I can show you pictures, the trailer was loaded with sharp aluminum shards that the builder neglected to wipe or blow away before attaching the outer skin, causing them to be semi trapped. However over bumps they were going to rain down on my beloved English Bull Dog. Worse the striker plate that the lock attaches to, was the wrong size, and installed incorrectly.

To make a long story short, these people do not have a clue how to fix such a situation. Each replacement part they sent (they used 4 tries), looked as if a three year old drilled the holes, and did the so called welding.

Worse, these people threatned not to take the trailer back and give me back my money. Don't worry, I got an attorney local to them involved and finally got my money back through the credit card company but not without many wasted hours.

SAVE YOURSELF THIS KIND OF AGGREVATION. I don't suggest you purchase a ROAD DOG TRAILER.

Sincerely,

Joe R. (Joehorserider)

Sorry you had so much trouble with them ! Thanks for the warning. Too bad because it is a great idea and looking at the prices of them you'd expect a much more put together product. Hope you find another option that works for you and your dog, I know there have been good reviews of the tow tow. Link here : http://www.bushtec.com/Articles.asp?ID=164

Bob Denman
07-12-2012, 05:55 PM
:agree: A pretty good idea that got sidetracked by lousy execution! :gaah:

bruisersbaby
07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
You would think they would care more about their product, especially when it's carrying a precious life. Shame on them!! :lecturef_smilie:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi All,

Just an FYI

Sincerely,

Joe R. (Joehorserider) Joe ..check out my avatar...That's MAX...and I converted my trailer that I built to tow him in to the "creamie stand" , it has a 36 x 30" high widshield and a roof ....he loves it ...no sharp edges ...rug with underlayment...and he always wears a harness that is positively attached to the floor...I'll try and do a picture......Mike..."bullies rock"....:thumbup:

Luckyme
07-12-2012, 07:59 PM
To bad that your trailer as poorly executed for a pet. I've never traveled much distance on a motorcycle with my beloved Jack Russell, but he does love to ride with me. I've taken him in a Pooch Pouch, and also in his older years, he just sits on the back seat for a few mile trek. I love to see folks traveling with their dogs.

bone crusher
07-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Sorry you had so much trouble with them ! Thanks for the warning. Too bad because it is a great idea and looking at the prices of them you'd expect a much more put together product. Hope you find another option that works for you and your dog, I know there have been good reviews of the tow tow. Link here : http://www.bushtec.com/Articles.asp?ID=164

Neat idea...ridiculous pricing though...yeah, how about 4,000+ for a way to tote the dog around...I love my dog, but I don't have 4000.00 to spend to bring him places...ek gad...good thing for cars!

SpyderAnn01
07-12-2012, 08:41 PM
:welcome: and sorry to hear about your troubles. Like someone else suggested you should check out the Bushtec Tow Tow if you are looking for something for short trips. I don't think they have enough ventilation for long trips though. Also the Wags trailer is awesome. There is a Spyder owner who had one at Durango and it was really nice. They come in 2 sizes and look like a miniature horse trailer. They aren't cheap but if I was going to buy a trailer for my dogs that is the one I would want. Good luck.

BajaRon
07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Spyder owners who love their dogs

Or, Dogs who Love their Spyder Owners!

ulflyer
07-13-2012, 06:45 AM
I'd like to get, or make, some sort of carrier to go behind my RT seat. Any refs to inexpensive products, or ideas for making one, would be apprec.

I have a Cocker (mostly) puppy that I'd like to introduce to riding while she's young.

bullant12
07-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Anybody own/tried a Wags Trailer? http://www.wagstrailers.com/

Bob Denman
07-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Somebody in here (From Florida??), had a beautiful metal framework make up that enclosed their pet securely. It opened from the top and there were many different ways to configure the inside of it for your pet's comfort...

Firefly
07-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for sharing the story so others can learn from your experience.

Hopefully the manufacturer learned a little too! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Those WAGS trailers look like an option worth researching... :thumbup:

spyder3
07-13-2012, 09:52 AM
:welcome: and sorry to hear about your troubles. Like someone else suggested you should check out the Bushtec Tow Tow if you are looking for something for short trips. I don't think they have enough ventilation for long trips though. Also the Wags trailer is awesome. There is a Spyder owner who had one at Durango and it was really nice. They come in 2 sizes and look like a miniature horse trailer. They aren't cheap but if I was going to buy a trailer for my dogs that is the one I would want. Good luck.

wow, those things are neat. Did you notice if there were harness's in them, i just left a message with them...

We wanna ride too!! ruff