PDA

View Full Version : Question on Spyder hygiene

hrbeta
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Got my Spyder delivered from Colorado today. I took all the Tupperware off to inspect and check the inside and it is really dirty, after one too many dirt roads I took. What is the best way to approach engine and frame cleaning? Long ago, on my regular bikes I used to go de-greaser and hose but now with so many cables and electronics, I don't know :(
Any advice?
Thanks a lot ;)

ARtraveler
07-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Be careful with too much water. If there is a short anywhere the water will find it and the Spyder may run funny until it dries out.

Ask me how I know? :roflblack:

Just be careful with the spray.

Jeriatric
07-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Got my Spyder delivered from Colorado today. I took all the Tupperware off to inspect and check the inside and it is really dirty, after one too many dirt roads I took. What is the best way to approach engine and frame cleaning? Long ago, on my regular bikes I used to go de-greaser and hose but now with so many cables and electronics, I don't know :(
Any advice?
Thanks a lot ;)

Haven't used this on my Spyder. Yet. But I use a hand held bug spray sprayer with a mixture of Simple Green. Let it set and then use the sprayer with clear water to rinse. No real pressure involved so you'll only be taking off the surface dirt, and it works on oily spots as well.

Bob Denman
07-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Well it's dirty; but it's home! :thumbup:
Care with the spray is about the only real issue. Keep the electrics dry"ish", and don't fill the airbox up with water! :shocked:

Peoriafirefighter
07-12-2012, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=hrbeta;483580]Got my Spyder delivered from Colorado today. I took all the Tupperware off to inspect and check the inside and it is really dirty, after one too many dirt roads I took. What is the best way to approach engine and frame cleaning? Long ago, on my regular bikes I used to go de-greaser and hose but now with so many cables and electronics, I don't know :(
Any advice?
Thanks a lot ;)
Just leave it alone. It's a badge of courage my friend. lol