PDA

View Full Version : Juice Box on 2012 RT LTD

xp951
07-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I have installed the TB exhaust and the green high flow air filter and the bike ran good except for back firing in decel.

I added a the JB pro today and set it at map 2 per TB instructions but there was a lot of spark knock and the check engine light came on at idle. TB sent me a new flash that helped a little but not great.

Is anyone running this combination on a 2012 RT with success?

spyder3
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I run the TB exhaust and the green filter without the backfiring. No JB, but interested to see if you can get it running good.:dontknow:

SPYDERJEFF
07-12-2012, 06:58 PM
We have had a few customers put on juice boxes,commanders,ect ect and they just don't run well and toss around codes like mad. We do not have a dyno and thus can't tune them. We inform our customers to do just an exhaust and that any other items like the above mentioned they need to contact a performance shop (of which we know of none in our area that do Spyders) that works with this product or it can be a real frustration. The stock EFI system can handle an exhaust system no problem and is designed for them. So , I would recommend contacting your dealer to see if they have a dyno or know of some performance shops that will work on a Spyder.

Jeff

cjackg
07-12-2012, 07:11 PM
I have installed the TB exhaust and the green high flow air filter and the bike ran good except for back firing in decel. I added a the JB pro today and set it at map 2 per TB instructions but there was a lot of spark knock and the check engine light came on at idle. TB sent me a new flash that helped a little but not great.
Is anyone running this combination on a 2012 RT with success?

This is the 1st I heard of a JB Pro being available for a 2011 or 2012 RT. I had one on a 2010 and never want to deal with it again. When you show up at a dealer with codes, they are not going to be very helpful when they hear you have a JB!

I have the Spyder Attitude (very open) pipe plus Green Filter & Len's RamAir intake on my 2012 RT and I do get occasional pops on upshifts when I wind it up good, but no backfiring on decel. Seems like they all are a little different...