PDA

View Full Version : Need help locating an audio cord

smurfette
07-12-2012, 09:38 AM
Good morning everybody!!!!
I know someone in my spyder family will know where I can get one. While cleaning out the garage, I somehow misplaced the coiled cord that goes from the helmet to the audio connection port.:banghead:. My Smurfette is a 2010 RT-A (with a few mods). I do have the factory CB system installed. If possible, I'll probably pick up a couple just in case i have another brain cramp:opps:. Also the helmet I had it on is a 3/4 helmet , if that helps. Help!!!:bowdown::pray:

SpyderAnn01
07-12-2012, 10:31 AM
You can order one from the BRP catalog or from your dealer. They aren't cheap though.

SpydherLuv
07-12-2012, 10:50 AM
You can also get one from J & M Audio (www.jmcorp.com).

MarkLawson
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Hang on there... The brand of headset installed in the helmet will dictate where you get the cord. Go back to the headset retailer or manufacturer.

SpydherLuv
07-13-2012, 09:50 AM
She said she has the factory CB installed, so with that information, she can either get another cord from her dealer or J & M Corp. :)

MarkLawson
07-13-2012, 05:32 PM
She said she has the factory CB installed, so with that information, she can either get another cord from her dealer or J & M Corp. :)

Nope. :lecturef_smilie:

For instance, I have the factory CB installed and have a J&M headset in one helmet and an EdSets headset in my other. While they both plug into the headset jack on the RT, they are NOT interchangeable between headsets. I don't know if the BRP branded headset is compatible with either J&M or EdSets, but there are at least three possible cords that are different from each other. You must get the cord that matches the headset manufacturer.