PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket warranty

Ron2andia
07-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Demo ride Friday if I don't get a new one and end up used is there a place to buy a after market warranty?:dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2012, 10:36 PM
You should be able to get the Best Extended Warranty even if you purchase a used Spyder. I'm not sure if the Spyder has to be under the original warranty in order to be able to purchase the Best. If the original owner purchased the Best warranty it is transferrable for free.

Correction the Spyder has to be under the original warranty to purchase the Best. But you can as a second owner purchase the Best - that is what I did. Here is the info from BRP website:

You can purchase, upgrade from B.E.S.T. toB.E.S.T. Plus, or extend your B.E.S.T. protection
at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the
manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current
B.E.S.T contract

Firefly
07-11-2012, 10:44 PM
You should be able to get the Best Extended Warranty even if you purchase a used Spyder. I'm not sure if the Spyder has to be under the original warranty in order to be able to purchase the Best. If the original owner purchased the Best warranty it is transferrable for free.

Correction the Spyder has to be under the original warranty to purchase the Best. But you can as a second owner purchase the Best - that is what I did. Here is the info from BRP website:

You can purchase, upgrade from B.E.S.T. toB.E.S.T. Plus, or extend your B.E.S.T. protection
at any time if your BRP vehicle is still under the
manufacturer’s limited warranty or a current
B.E.S.T contract

Correct it can be transferred... but if the Spyder is out of the 2 year factory warranty and they didn't already add the BEST..you can't add it. Might be able to go with some other 3rd party warranty.... but I've heard too many horror stories from people using non-BEST warranties.

Ron2andia
07-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the info. What are the names of some of the third party companies just in case?

SpyderAnn01
07-12-2012, 08:48 PM
If you search on extended warranty you should find a few threads that talk about other companies. I can't remember any of the names off the top of my head.

punji
07-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the info. What are the names of some of the third party companies just in case?

Pinnacle and Zurich.:D

flybuddy
07-13-2012, 08:53 AM
I was researching this very thing yesterday and the best warranty I could find is the BEST warranty. The best place to get the BEST is Berts Megamall. The had the best price on the BEST. It's best that you put BEST in search and read up the best way to get the BEST. Can anyone best me on how many bests you can put in 3 lines on the BEST warranty. on 2nd thought, it's best that you don't try to best me on the BEST. :yikes:

thehawk
07-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I was researching this very thing yesterday and the best warranty I could find is the BEST warranty. The best place to get the BEST is Berts Megamall. The had the best price on the BEST. It's best that you put BEST in search and read up the best way to get the BEST. Can anyone best me on how many bests you can put in 3 lines on the BEST warranty. on 2nd thought, it's best that you don't try to best me on the BEST. :yikes:

Absolutely the best post I've ever read.:roflblack:

thehawk