PDA

View Full Version : Guys and Gals, I Need Help

sidetrack
07-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Some of you have been singing phrases for Cowtown, but I guess I am not one of you. They have had my bike for 3 weeks. I was told that it would take a week when I dropped it off, but supposedly it took a week and a half to get the parts from BRP. I spoke with them today and they haven't touched the throttle body and they say it will probably be the end of next week before they do. Does anyone know someone down there that cares? I have about had it with this whole thing because I am not convinced they didn't cause my problems from the start. I would love to talk with someone that would give me a streight story that wouldn't change every time I called.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::ba nghead::banghead::banghead:

Jeriatric
07-11-2012, 03:30 PM
:hun: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

spyder3
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Some of you have been singing phrases for Cowtown, but I guess I am not one of you. They have had my bike for 3 weeks. I was told that it would take a week when I dropped it off, but supposedly it took a week and a half to get the parts from BRP. I spoke with them today and they haven't touched the throttle body and they say it will probably be the end of next week before they do. Does anyone know someone down there that cares? I have about had it with this whole thing because I am not convinced they didn't cause my problems from the start. I would love to talk with someone that would give me a streight story that wouldn't change every time I called.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::ba nghead::banghead::banghead:

i would say talk to Len.:dontknow:

SpyderLady
07-11-2012, 04:19 PM
If it will help they are loaded with bikes. My John's bike has to have the whole engine rebuilt and it has been there since Durango. BRP is not always able to ship when they say. Talk to Len. I know and believe they are doing everything they can. Apparently several people have been having throttle issues. Yours is the 3rd one I have heard of since Durango. Sorry for your troubles, but in my opinion you have you bike at the best if the best.

SteveMac
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
If it will help they are loaded with bikes. My John's bike has to have the whole engine rebuilt and it has been there since Durango. BRP is not always able to ship when they say. Talk to Len. I know and believe they are doing everything they can. Apparently several people have been having throttle issues. Yours is the 3rd one I have heard of since Durango. Sorry for your troubles, but in my opinion you have you bike at the best if the best.

Agree. Call and be sure you speak to Len. He will get the scoop for you.

ARtraveler
07-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Your situation is not the usual pattern we hear.

Probably a good idea to talk with Len.

Keep us posted. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

sidetrack
07-11-2012, 05:08 PM
I just had a good conservation with Len. He did help getting things streight and hopefuly I am going to get my bike back. One thing I do want to make CLEAR, I do not nor have I ever blamed Cowtown for these problems. That credit goes to BRP. I cannot express just how apprecitave I am for Lens call. I don't think there are very many dealers that would do that!!!!!!

pitbull
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks Jim, should be done by Saturday, I'm on it!

RAYYOU
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Our bike was one of many that had the throttle body replaced at the owners event (they brought plenty of them) by BRP in Durango CO. So it is a very common problem especially with the 2010 RT Spyders. We actually had two from our group from Texas have the issues with their throttle body also, one before the trip and one one on the way home. So needless to say it is a common problem.

But everyone is right Len is the person to talk to, he is the one who took care of us when we had an issues with our RT just before Spyder fest.

Bob Denman
07-11-2012, 05:54 PM
This is exactly why we need more guys like Len... :2thumbs: :firstplace:

pitbull
07-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Wasn't in the loop till I saw this post, took a while to get the parts from BRP, but they did get them to us on the 5th and we are working on it, no run around sometimes parts are hard to get and don't come on time all the time. Communication is a big key here, but all good and bike is been on the lift since about 10am this morning. First was a radio module and the the dreaded throttle bodie codes rared it's ugly head. But the guys will stay on it till it's right, we treat all customers equal if your on a Spyder, your one of us.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-11-2012, 06:20 PM

If you only knew what I have gone thru with two other dealers,....you would immediately go to COWTOWN and kiss the Feet and Butts of every employee there....trust me since 2008 I know what the "" Dealer from Hell "looks like...and it ain't Lenny.....be patient these guys are the best of the best.....Mike...

bruiser
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
If you only knew what I have gone thru with two other dealers,....you would immediately go to COWTOWN and kiss the Feet and Butts of every employee there....trust me since 2008 I know what the "" Dealer from Hell "looks like...and it ain't Lenny.....be patient these guys are the best of the best.....Mike...

Do you always have to yell?

Farmboy
07-12-2012, 05:55 AM
There is a lot of dealers in the USA and I am shur cowtown at times think there the only dealer in the world when they get over whelmed with work. I saw at least 4 bikes with out of state tags including mine waiting for service this passed Saturday. "YES they are that good". Please lets all give them room to work with out the stress of being pushed. I know when we do get our bikes back, they will be done right. Some things just takes time. :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: TO COWTOWN

Bob Denman
07-12-2012, 07:12 AM
:agree: Sometimes business can be "too" good and you get overwhelmed... :shocked:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-12-2012, 09:25 AM

Dear Bruiser, Yelling is all Capitals....count how many Capitals are in my post.???????.....Thanks Mike.....:thumbup:

zrc
07-12-2012, 09:26 AM

I dont think he is yelling, he just cant hear you over the pipes.