PDA

View Full Version : New rider in Concord

paulbrinker
07-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Just got my RT and am enjoying it. Met up with shelbydave at Punchy's on Sunday and had a great breakfast and even better conversation with him and his wife. I am looking forward to meeting them again and hopefully more Spyder riders from the Concord area. As an update, I just got an M on my licenses yesterday. Another one for the bucket list!!!

Had my RT for two weeks. Today is the big day. I introduce my adult kids to the bike. They have no idea that I bought one or that I was even thinking about buying one. Should be fun.:D

So far two of my three adult kids have seen and ridden on the spyder. The youngest thinks it is great and gives the old man something new to do. The middle one thinks dad and mom have flipped out of the bowl, but her husband likes it. Oldest will see it next week. He's a Harley rider.

My Harley rider son has now seen my Spyder and is totally shocked and amazed. He really likes it and even took it for a little ride. When he returned he said I could get use to this really quick. His friends and family can wait until we take it to New Jersey.50308

oheresy
07-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Welcome! I've been an rt-s owner for about two months now. I'm in Fairfield.

d.o.spyder-rts
07-11-2012, 01:40 AM
:welcome:and :congrats: on your spyder purchase. You've found the right place to have your questions answered. Welcome to the family. Dale

oheresy
07-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Crap, didn't look what forum this was in. I'm in California. Welcome anyway! :D

ARtraveler
07-11-2012, 02:46 AM
:congrats: on the new ryde and :welcome:.

shelbydave
07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Just got my RT and am enjoying it. Met up with shelbydave at Punchy's on Sunday and had a great breakfast and even better conversation with him and his wife. I am looking forward to meeting them again and hopefully more Spyder riders from the Concord area.

Lisa and I enjoyed meeting up with you Sunday!!! Hopefully, the weather we're having this week will break this heat so we can REALLY enjoy our spyders!

2Gunns
07-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I like this post, it's exactly how I see Carolina Ryders doing meet n' greets. We're such a large geographical area it would be hard to all meet in one local, but small groups meeting up at your local hangout is quite doable. Kinda the idea I had with the "Favorite Hangout" post on the group page.

shelbydave
07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I like this post, it's exactly how I see Carolina Ryders doing meet n' greets. We're such a large geographical area it would be hard to all meet in one local, but small groups meeting up at your local hangout is quite doable. Kinda the idea I had with the "Favorite Hangout" post on the group page.

I had a similar thought... Either through this site, or a FB page, maybe when folks ryde, they can post up where they plan to ryde, a general route, then anyone who wants to join in can speak up here, set up a place on the route to meet up, then ryde together for however long they can.

For instance - Lisa and I would like to go for a ride over to the foothills / mountains - maybe Chimney Rock. WE could post that up, and what route we plan to take, and maybe time estimates. Anyone in that area can chime in, and say - "Hey, we'll meet up with you at this place."
Doing this, people can do their own thing, meet up with others for a short time, maybe a meal, then everyone go their own ways whenever they need to.

Maybe even including the surrounding states. We plan to take the spyder to the Charleston area soon, and would love to meet others in that area, or along the way.

2Gunns
07-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I remember someone mentioned mass group email. I have the memeber list as a excel spreadsheet, if anyone wanted to PM me their email address I would be glad to add that (but for privite exchange only...don't want to post folks privite info). Then I could email the spreadsheet to anyone you wanted it.

Just an idea

bruiser
07-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Gotta say, been on this site for a long time and I'm still amazed that there seems to be more Spyders "out west" then there are over here. :(

paulbrinker
07-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I had a similar thought... Either through this site, or a FB page, maybe when folks ryde, they can post up where they plan to ryde, a general route, then anyone who wants to join in can speak up here, set up a place on the route to meet up, then ryde together for however long they can.

For instance - Lisa and I would like to go for a ride over to the foothills / mountains - maybe Chimney Rock. WE could post that up, and what route we plan to take, and maybe time estimates. Anyone in that area can chime in, and say - "Hey, we'll meet up with you at this place."
Doing this, people can do their own thing, meet up with others for a short time, maybe a meal, then everyone go their own ways whenever they need to.

Maybe even including the surrounding states. We plan to take the spyder to the Charleston area soon, and would love to meet others in that area, or along the way.

Janet and I would love to ride to Chimney Rock with you depending on timing. I have a hard time planning anything after she starts school. Let me k now what you are thinking.