PDA

View Full Version : Air Ride Trailors

Kratos
07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Really serious on pulling the trigger on an Air Ride trailor. If anyone has any experience with these, can someone tell me if the AST-2 can haul a spyder, or is the AST-3 the only version the Spyder can fit on?

burg650
07-09-2012, 03:29 PM
You will need the AST3 the 2 is not wide for the spyder, I looked at many trailer before buying the AST3 and I believe its the best trailer out there for the spyder. Ok let me re-state this in my opinion the AST3 is the best trailer for my spyder that is if you want an open trailer. You will get so many different opinion why a open/closed trailer is better and it will ultimately comes down to your budget and preference. The AST3 is a wonderful trailer and is the easiest to load/unload with no ramps and or gates just turn a lever and it drops the trailer to the floor ride the spyder on and turn the knob again and the build in compressor will raise the trailer flood up again has build in load leveler so trailer will ride at perfect height and stay level at all times another added feature, the main feature for me was the air system for loading/unloading and the way it rides the spyder and I also like the added option to add the remote control feature to raise/lower the trailer (this feature I would now not get, have had a few problems with it). I have been asked with all the work I have done to my spyder why would I take a chance with a open trailer well for one I don't want to hide it in a enclosed come on I want to show it off LOL and let me tell you I was a bit scared the first time I used the trailer to go to Canada for an event and boy was I surprised how well the large front bug shield protected the spyder, I was so surprised to see how well it shielded the spyder and clean it was after driving through a few nor'easter rain downpours that brought traffic to almost a stand still a few times I was completely sold that I made the right decision. I can only tell you of my personal experience and give my opinion on the AST3 trailer and I have been very happy with it and if I was looking for another one I sure would not hesitate to buy another one, I would say try to get a chance to see a spyder and a AST in person and I believe you will see how great they work together.

PS: I use the Black&Gray motorcycle chocks, and they are again in my opinion the best for the spyder and AST3 http://www.blackandgray.com/wchockMain.php

Kratos
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
You will need the AST3 the 2 is not wide for the spyder, I looked at many trailer before buying the AST3 and I believe its the best trailer out there for the spyder. Ok let me re-state this in my opinion the AST3 is the best trailer for my spyder that is if you want an open trailer. You will get so many different opinion why a open/closed trailer is better and it will ultimately comes down to your budget and preference. The AST3 is a wonderful trailer and is the easiest to load/unload with no ramps and or gates just turn a lever and it drops the trailer to the floor ride the spyder on and turn the knob again and the build in compressor will raise the trailer flood up again has build in load leveler so trailer will ride at perfect height and stay level at all times another added feature, the main feature for me was the air system for loading/unloading and the way it rides the spyder and I also like the added option to add the remote control feature to raise/lower the trailer (this feature I would now not get, have had a few problems with it). I have been asked with all the work I have done to my spyder why would I take a chance with a open trailer well for one I don't want to hide it in a enclosed come on I want to show it off LOL and let me tell you I was a bit scared the first time I used the trailer to go to Canada for an event and boy was I surprised how well the large front bug shield protected the spyder, I was so surprised to see how well it shielded the spyder and clean it was after driving through a few nor'easter rain downpours that brought traffic to almost a stand still a few times I was completely sold that I made the right decision. I can only tell you of my personal experience and give my opinion on the AST3 trailer and I have been very happy with it and if I was looking for another one I sure would not hesitate to buy another one, I would say try to get a chance to see a spyder and a AST in person and I believe you will see how great they work together.

PS: I use the Black&Gray motorcycle chocks, and they are again in my opinion the best for the spyder and AST3 http://www.blackandgray.com/wchockMain.php

Awesome response! And thanks for the pics too! :thumbup: This is all I needed to know. I'm definitely pulling the trigger on this! :clap: