PDA

View Full Version : Trailer size

Questions
07-09-2012, 01:16 PM
I have a chance to purchase a 6 by 12 ft. transport trailer and just want to be sure my RSS will fit..Anyone have experience with this size?

ornerydog7
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I have a chance to purchase a 6 by 12 ft. transport trailer and just want to be sure my RSS will fit..Anyone have experience with this size?

That's the size I use and it works out quite well for hauling the RT. You just need to be careful when loading and unloading so you don't scrape the front end. It's not a deal breaker.

Ralph

vondalyn
07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
would a 6x10 trailer also work?

Questions
07-09-2012, 01:30 PM
That's the size I use and it works out quite well for hauling the RT. You just need to be careful when loading and unloading so you don't scrape the front end. It's not a deal breaker.

Ralph
Thanks for the info Ralph...

ornerydog7
07-09-2012, 01:33 PM

Yes!!!

mxz600
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM

There are a lot of threads on this subject. Do a search for past threads for some different opinions.

I am not sure what you mean by a transport trailer. I assume it is an enclosed trailer. Trailer companies measure their trailers differently.

I have a seven foot wide trailer and personally I wouldn't want it any narrower. A six I am sure would work as others have stated previously. A 12 long is good but a 10 would be in my opinion be a little short.

If you can get the dimensions of the floor space and lay that out on your garage floor you will be able to tell if your Spyder will fit or not. Also get the width of the door. It doesn't matter if the floor space is large enough if the Spyder doesn't fit through the door.

joet82
07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I have hauled my Spyder in the back of my F450. if you have any doubts on if a Spyder will fit on anything, take measurements. That's what I did and found that my Spyder fits in the back of my truck with 1.5 inches to spare on either side.

dancogan
07-09-2012, 01:44 PM
My RT measures 62" wide at the front fender. Just a bit too wide for a 5 footer. But 6' should do it. As previously said, you need to check the actual width of the door or ramp, and the incline of the ramp. Many of us need to put wood blocks in front of the ramp to raise the front end enough that it won't drag on the ramp on the way up.

DRTSB
07-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Why would you trailer an RT, ride it!! ;)

Dave

NancysToy
07-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Be sure to measure the clear opening at the tailgate and wheelwells. Trailer dimensions are nominal, so a 6' trailer may not have a bed or dorr opening 6' 0" wide. Some so called six footers are six feet backing plate to backing plate, so the trailer itself is much narrower. If it is an enclosed trailer, that width drops more due to the walls and the door framing.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't trailer my Spyder ....But if I did....I would put down some 4" x 4" guides that had a slight bevel on the inside ( kind of like a "Jersey Barrier") and block them so they couldn't move to the outside....This would keep your front wheels absolutely straight without even using the handlebars...sort of like going thru a car wash type of thing......I think it would work especially when backing out, they wouldn't even have to be attached to the floor. Just blocked out from the walls......Mike....:thumbup:

gln2
07-09-2012, 06:05 PM
I have a 6x10 and my RT fit just fine with plenty of room all around. However I did extend the back gate loading ramp 1 ft to eliminate having to use 2x6 wood in order to load