PDA

View Full Version : New Maintenance Sch Arrived Today !!!!!

arntufun
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
That was nice of them to send us this new booklet in the mail today !!!!!!! Way to go BRP !!!!!!! Holy :cus:, did I just say that ??????? :yikes:

chickridin
07-09-2012, 09:33 AM
I didn't get one. :(

Has it changed much?

viperryder
07-09-2012, 09:35 AM
That was nice of them to send us this new booklet in the mail today !!!!!!! Way to go BRP !!!!!!! Holy :cus:, did I just say that ??????? :yikes:

I didn't get either:dontknow:

Heliplt
07-09-2012, 09:48 AM
i want one

mxz600
07-09-2012, 09:56 AM
I didn't get one either. If they are sending them out to everyone I'm sure I'll get mine soon.

Be careful with the compliments to BRP Randy. Next thing you know there'll be a ski-doo in your garage. :yikes:

Bob Denman
07-09-2012, 10:15 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

SpyderLady
07-09-2012, 10:42 AM
We have not gotten one eithernojoke

ARtraveler
07-09-2012, 11:07 AM
:popcorn::popcorn:

harrypottar
07-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Post just arrived, I now have my new schedule as well :yes:

comes with some stickers that your supposed to put over the old schedule.

Break in looks the same, all the others indicate 4,600 intervals as discussed in previous threads.

harry

harrypottar
07-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Attached is the letter scanned to pdf, there is a coupon for free panels from the dealer.

Question, I'm expecting my baker air wings this week which stick to chrome logo on the panels. Are these the panels that are effected, should I get the new panels before I add the air wings

harry

mxz600
07-09-2012, 11:32 AM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
I know Bob.

Could you imagine this in Randy's garage this fall?

SpyderAnn01
07-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Attached is the letter scanned to pdf, there is a coupon for free panels from the dealer.

Question, I'm expecting my baker air wings this week which stick to chrome logo on the panels. Are these the panels that are effected, should I get the new panels before I add the air wings

harry

No, it is not the painted panel with the chrome logo

Guzzi
07-09-2012, 11:57 AM
No, it is not the painted panel with the chrome logo
WHAT PANEL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT? Guzzi

NancysToy
07-09-2012, 12:04 PM
WHAT PANEL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT? Guzzi
The lower left hand panel, above the footpegs, as I understand it.

mowin
07-09-2012, 12:35 PM
I know Bob.

Could you imagine this in Randy's garage this fall?

Only if it comes in arctic cat green

Daisyjoe
07-09-2012, 12:43 PM

GOT IT!!

chickridin
07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Thank you harrypottar for that link! How very kind of you to do that! :bowdown:

Coupon is good until May 2113......I just had my 6000 service so it'll be after that that I'll be needing another service. Hopefully I can get it and just keep it until the next service.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-09-2012, 01:19 PM
If I am reading this FREE PANEL offer correctly you get a FREE panel if you also get a $ 275.00 oil change.....I think I'll pass on this " freebie ".......:yikes:...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: ......Mike

Bob Denman
07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Only if it comes in arctic cat green

Randy'd throw himself into traffic if he thought that he'd have to ride a Ski Doo in the Winter... :shocked:

The boy doesn't know what he's missing! :D

Firefly
07-09-2012, 01:46 PM

harry

I want the panel.... but sure as heck not gonna have a dealer do something as mundane as an oil change!!!

flybuddy
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
If I am reading this FREE PANEL offer correctly you get a FREE panel if you also get a $ 275.00 oil change.....I think I'll pass on this " freebie ".......:yikes:...:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: ......Mike

Absolutely agree but it seems like you could SCHEDULE with a dealer to check if all your software updates are done and ask for it at that point. If you tell the dealer you just want the panel without them having to remove anything that sounds like a win...win.
What's funny with this is that if you already had the panel then the oil change should be substantially cheaper but you have to pay for an expensive one to make them cheaper??

Bob Denman
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I'd agree with you if I wasn't blessed with an innate ability to :cus: up mechanicals... :gaah:
I'm glad that it's buying me more riding time between the trips to the dealer... :shocked: :thumbup:

chickridin
07-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I just got home from work........I got mine in todays mail, :yes: but no coupon for the panel. I just looked at your letter again and noticed, it's for RT's, not RS's. I did get a coupon for 40% off 5 different Can-Am products until Aug. 5th. Nothing I desire to have though. :( I want something free too. roflmao

BioSab
07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Hope i get mine.. ive moved a few times since i registered so im not sure if ill see the new schedule.

d.o.spyder-rts
07-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Just checked the mail, didn't get mine today, maybe tomorrow. Dale

chickridin
07-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Hope i get mine.. ive moved a few times since i registered so im not sure if ill see the new schedule.

Call them and check your address. Mine had the address number wrong so I called and they changed it. Thank goodness our mail man's been on the route long enough to know who we are.

chickridin
07-09-2012, 03:49 PM

I read it that way too. Then I thought about it and I think what it meant was that the next time you take it in for service you can get it put on, probably assuming they already have the part. :roflblack: I would have called and had the dealer order it and I would have kept it until I needed it.

Grandpa Spyder
07-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Yelp, mine came today also.

Farmboy
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Same here, got mine today. Would be nice to change the oil with out having to pull the mirrors OFF!!:doorag:

but not going to pay to have my oil changed ether.

Sny
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm sure they'll forget about us GS owners as usual. They keep sending us "You really should own a Spyder!" brochures.

Carold571
07-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Got mine today.

RAYYOU
07-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Got mine today.

fispyder
07-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Got mine today, when I pick up the new oil filter cap, (dealer waiting on BRP to send) hopeful the panels will be in:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Boriken
07-09-2012, 05:03 PM
I got two today, one with the cupon for the free panel and the second one with the 40% discount on five RS accessories. I guess that BRP thinks that I still own the Phantom (GS) that I traded on my RTS.

vtrider
07-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Got mine today! Now I just have to take time to read through it.

NancysToy
07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I got two today, one with the cupon for the free panel and the second one with the 40% discount on five RS accessories. I guess that BRP thinks that I still own the Phantom (GS) that I traded on my RTS.
The new owner probably didn't register the ownership transfer.

ThreeFeet
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Got mine today!!!:2thumbs:

TexasSpyder
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Got mine today too!

J. D.

mxz600
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Mine was in the mail when I got home. Got the 40% off coupon with things I don't want, need or otherwise care about.

The only thing I might be interested in would be the HID's. But even at 40% off they would still be three times the cost of aftermarket sold by vendors on this website.

Tru-Blue
07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
I got mine today and have a scheduled 6k appointment at the end of this month. I hope my dealer has the new parts. When I mentioned the new oil filter & cap they thought I was off my rocker and miss informed. I then pulled up the part numbers from BRP and they had not received any of the info at that point, this was approximately 4 wks ago.
So I wonder if I should use the coupon this time for the oil change or hold off till after the redwoods trip? Hopefully they will have everything by then?

Tru-Blue

Luckyme
07-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Got mine today.
Already had a appointment at dealer next week to check a couple things, update, etc. I'll ask them to do this, if they have the parts.

Firefly
07-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Oh great.. now EVERYONE'S gonna want one of these........ (including me).

Although I'm still sticking with the 3,000 mile oil changes.....

samewok
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I got mine today because I am a register owner. The letter states the panel will be installed at the next maintenance appointment.

Spyderal11
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Received mine today in the mail thanks BRP

cmar157
07-09-2012, 07:00 PM
got mine today also it will have to wait because I just has my 600 mile service done Saturday

tobor9
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
We got two,one for Sofia's RT and one for my RS,I just scheduled an appointment for the 20th for my 9k service,i'll have just over10k by then,but have to wait for next paycheck!!Wish they would give coupon for 40% off service

yfx4
07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
The new schedule does not help us much. It is still once a year--DW does not put 3k a year on it. I'll keep doing my own oil changes, and check with them about software updates.......

edbremer
07-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Anyone seen or have a picture of the new panel ?

Hawk Eye
07-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I got one.

survivorgirl
07-09-2012, 08:07 PM

I got mine today too!

rhansen309
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Got mine today too!!

bullant12
07-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Got mine and the wife's!!:2thumbs: Now to take it to the dealer and see if they will replace the panel (since it's been there for so long, might as well wait a few more days... :banghead:)

mrfats
07-09-2012, 09:09 PM
I got mine too. Be interesting to hear from the first people who get the new part...

UKBLUE1
07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I got mine also. Waiting on other parts to come in, so when nthey come in might as well change out that panel also. Not cheap just smarter. LOL

5PYD3R
07-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Received mine also!

Firefly
07-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Okay-- I got one too.....:thumbup:

granpa in Cincy
07-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Got mine also.

DocRags
07-10-2012, 09:30 AM
I didn't get either:dontknow: Me, either...maybe BRP knows we won't be on the bike for a little while yet. :( We do have Erags sitting up in a chair, so we are progressing. He swears this hurts more than his bypass did...I just think he's blocked memories from then. :yikes:

DocRags
07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm sure they'll forget about us GS owners as usual. They keep sending us "You really should own a Spyder!" brochures. We were talking with some of the designers/engineers after the BRP dinner during the Owner's Event. They brought up the "So, why don't you have an RT?" issue. Erags said "Our bike has 29000 miles on it...are you trying to say it's at the end of its lifepan?" They said "of course not." He said "So why should we buy an RT?" They didn't have much to say on it then. :ohyea: We had a few of them sit on our bike and they agreed it was :cus: comfortable. :2thumbs: I told them we were waiting for the hybrid RT to come out, inquiring when that would be...they looked at each other, hemmed and hawed around for a little bit, and said "not for a while yet."

SpyderriderGTR
07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Got ours yesterday. I called the dealer today and spoke with my buddy in the shop. I wanted to know what was the minimum that I had to do to get the panel, what the panel is all about, where, what it looks like, etc. Additionally, I don't want them to keep the old panel. He had yet to hear about it so he is looking into it. ;):banghead:

I'm not going to let them change the oil just to get the panel.:mad: I have bought a Spyder and a '12 Goldwing from them so they had better give me my panel.

I'll post what I learn from that.

Firefly
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
We were talking with some of the designers/engineers after the BRP dinner during the Owner's Event. They brought up the "So, why don't you have an RT?" issue. Erags said "Our bike has 29000 miles on it...are you trying to say it's at the end of its lifepan?" They said "of course not." He said "So why should we buy an RT?" They didn't have much to say on it then. :ohyea: We had a few of them sit on our bike and they agreed it was :cus: comfortable. :2thumbs: I told them we were waiting for the hybrid RT to come out, inquiring when that would be...they looked at each other, hemmed and hawed around for a little bit, and said "not for a while yet."

I think that's a pretty common question when they see people riding 2-up..... and I now question that also.

2 up riding on an RT is day and night more comfortable than on a n RS.......

Of course they DO want to sell you a new Spyder.....;)

Bob Denman
07-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Got mine today... Now it's a matter of getting the replacement panel for the right price; that offer appears to have expired! :gaah:

granpa in Cincy
07-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Mine reads 2013 Bob. What does yours read?

Knarfoh
07-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I didn't get one. :(

Has it changed much?
Yes, oil changes will only be needed every 100,000 miles.

Dealers have all agreed to a new repair rate of $30/hour for scheduled maintenance.

And if you look out the window --- pigs are flying and President ***** is the greatest President in our lifetime.

Mine came ..... Monday, July 9th.

donec
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm sure they'll forget about us GS owners as usual. They keep sending us "You really should own a Spyder!" brochures.
As a new used GS owner I contacted BRP about the new manual and was told that the dealer should get them for us. I have a call in to my dealer and am awaiting a call from them.

NancysToy
07-10-2012, 01:03 PM
As a new used GS owner I contacted BRP about the new manual and was told that the dealer should get them for us. I have a call in to my dealer and am awaiting a call from them.
If you are a registered owner, you should be receiving them in the mail. If you bought used, be sure to send in the change of ownership form in your owners manual. You may have to contact your dealer regarding the new maintenance schedule, however.

donec
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I looked in the manual and found the number to call BRP. They said I was not the current owner so as per their instructions I emailed them the info and hopefully it won't be long and I be the registered owner. Just hope I am in time to get the new manual.

Dealer said the just found out about the new manual today and don't know if I will have to order one from parts or not yet.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Got ours yesterday. I called the dealer today and spoke with my buddy in the shop. I wanted to know what was the minimum that I had to do to get the panel, what the panel is all about, where, what it looks like, etc. Additionally, I don't want them to keep the old panel. He had yet to hear about it so he is looking into it. ;):banghead:

I'm not going to let them change the oil just to get the panel.:mad: I have bought a Spyder and a '12 Goldwing from them so they had better give me my panel.

Welcome Aboard, Let the Fun Begin..:yes::yes::yes:..Mike..I like your attitude , it's similar to mine .This site will help you do as much or as little as you want/can do.....and if you are shy about it , learn who is smart and just PM them to get help.....That's what Spyderlover's is about......:congrats: :agree: :thumbup:

WaltH
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM

I believe the panel is free. The labor may not be free.

FWBCRUISER
07-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Got mine in the mail yesterday! My dealer is aware of it, just needs to order the panel! :bowdown:

Bob Denman
07-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Mine reads 2013 Bob. What does yours read?

The same as yours... :opps: (I mis-read the date! :gaah: Lousy eyes!)

Bob Denman
07-12-2012, 07:44 AM

Dealers have all agreed to a new repair rate of $30/hour for scheduled maintenance.

And CowTown is opening up a satellite dealership location in Shanghri-La... :roflblack:

chickridin
07-12-2012, 08:14 AM

And if you look out the window --- pigs are flying and President ***** is the greatest President in our lifetime.

Mine came ..... Monday, July 9th.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: I'm sitting here reading this and thinkIng, well, I won't say what I was thinking. :opps: I did get mine the next day after I posted. BTW.....I sure wish the first two comments were true and, I'm with ya on the last comment. :D :yikes: :roflblack:

Papa
07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
I was at the dealer yesterday and asked the service guys about the "panel". BRP refers to it as an "access panel" and their understanding is that it is the new transmission filter cover that is referred to as an "access panel". Think about it, would BRP be sending out replacement tupperware in all the various colors? That would be a logistical nightmare and expensive.

Would like to know if others are hearing this also..

bmwlarry
07-12-2012, 10:59 AM
I have already received the new filter cover and installed the cover and new "metal" filters. I'm sure the panel referred to is the panel that you remove from underneath the bike, not any of the colored panels!

donec
07-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Dealer Says they have my new owners manual but I won't get it until Saturday when they are supposed to put my Helibars on.