PDA

View Full Version : NEW REAR TIRE

sealfloorboards
07-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Friday I had Pro Caliber, in Longview, Wa., put a new Michelin tire on the rear. I got 20,000 miles on my original BRP tire, which I think is pretty darn good:thumbup:. Also had the new trans. recall done. I've been trying to retrain myself to shift at higher rpm's but now it automatically downshifts if it doesn't like the way I'm doing things. This is going to take some getting used to but I do understand why the upgrade. The Silver Seal is running flawlessly, as it always has:ohyea:. As an aside, I have added very few lighting or other electrical mods and I only have the best service guys work on it:bowdown:. I get the impression that often those with the most problems have the most mods and/or have a need to improve on BRP, maybe compounding issue upon issue.... IMHO:dontknow: I'll be very interested to see how many miles I get on my new tire. Beautiful, warm weather here in Oregon. May hit 90 but you won't here me complain after all the cold rainy weather so far this summer.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Friday I had Pro Caliber, in Longview, Wa., put a new Michelin tire on the rear. I got 20,000 miles on my original BRP tire, which I think is pretty darn good:thumbup:. Also had the new trans. recall done. I've been trying to retrain myself to shift at higher rpm's but now it automatically downshifts if it doesn't like the way I'm doing things. This is going to take some getting used to but I do understand why the upgrade. The Silver Seal is running flawlessly, as it always has:ohyea:. As an aside, I have added very few lighting or other electrical mods and I only have the best service guys work on it:bowdown:. I get the impression that often those with the most problems have the most mods and/or have a need to improve on BRP, maybe compounding issue upon issue.... IMHO:dontknow: I'll be very interested to see how many miles I get on my new tire. Beautiful, warm weather here in Oregon. May hit 90 but you won't here me complain after all the cold rainy weather so far this summer.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards
IMHO I think you are going to love the Michelin, and yes you got incredible mileage out of the Kenda....I only got 12,500 and mine was toast...I wouldn't be surprised if you see 40,000......Did you happen to move the rear valve while you had it broken down ?......Mike....:thumbup:

Jeriatric
07-08-2012, 01:56 PM
"put a new Michelin tire on the rear."

Is it a motorcycle tire(I'm sure it is) which model is it?

sealfloorboards
07-08-2012, 02:56 PM
IMHO I think you are going to love the Michelin, and yes you got incredible mileage out of the Kenda....I only got 12,500 and mine was toast...I wouldn't be surprised if you see 40,000......Did you happen to move the rear valve while you had it broken down ?......Mike....:thumbup:

What's a rear valve? I leave that to my Dr,:hun: Seriously, I have no idea but my guys (father and son team) at Pro Caliber gave it a good going over:bowdown:.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards

sealfloorboards
07-08-2012, 03:00 PM
"put a new Michelin tire on the rear."

Is it a motorcycle tire(I'm sure it is) which model is it?

It's a car tire. P215/60R-15 HYDRO EDGE.

RIDE IN COMFORT,

JOHN
SEAL FLOORBOARDS

Jeriatric
07-08-2012, 03:16 PM
It's a car tire. P215/60R-15 HYDRO EDGE.

RIDE IN COMFORT,

JOHN
SEAL FLOORBOARDS

Thank you. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-08-2012, 07:52 PM
What's a rear valve? I leave that to my Dr,:hun: Seriously, I have no idea but my guys (father and son team) at Pro Caliber gave it a good going over:bowdown:.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards
So John, you have the Magic self inflating Tires......or are your's filled with that new foam product ????....Mike.....:thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-09-2012, 07:35 AM
I want to know if he's filling his tires with nitrogen? :opps:

Good luck with the Michie! :thumbup:

docdoru
07-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Very good tire. Running Pilot 225/55/15.

sealfloorboards
07-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't know why the original lasted so long. The front tires look almost new, lots of even tread left. Pro Caliber automatically puts Ride On in the tires they mount. They swear by it.

Ride in comfort,

John
Seal FloorBoards