PDA

View Full Version : MSF Trike and sidecar skills course

MMcc
07-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Completed the course yesterday. Six rigs, 4 sidecars, 1 Harley trike and me. Instructors were very good. Commented that they have only had 2 other spyders in the courses that they teach. They were both impressed with the way the spyder handles on the course. Stops straight and quickly without wheel lock up. The emergency stop while turning a corner was not a problem. The swerve left and right to avoid objects went without a hitch. They took a fair amount of time with the side car riders getting them comfortable with 'flying the chair' and overall control. All the Harley rider and I could do was sit a watch that part. Happy I took the course and even happier with the spyder. Got to practice some maneuvers in a wide open space and hopefully improve my skills.

smurfette
07-08-2012, 09:21 AM
That's how I got my license too! I wish they had had a Spyder-specific course, but the closest one to me is in NH, and costs $200 more:yikes:. I had to sit out a couple of the exercises like you, but I would watch and study what to do. Very patient instructors, too. They only said one thing..."Your speed was off the charts..slow down a bit!":opps: